Mathil's Crit Elemental Buzzsaw (2.0 Uber Viable)

The crit from disemboweling works, and its massive :D
"
rasvaag wrote:

Just like ST is not affected by melee dmg, I highly expect it to not be affected by melee crit aswell.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
rasvaag wrote:

Just like ST is not affected by melee dmg, I highly expect it to not be affected by melee crit aswell.

Well, they changed the wording on it. It used to be "increased Critical Strike Chance with One Handed Melee Weapons", so we'll have to see it after the patch goes live. I have a few 85+ Scions, so I'll have a chance to test. Also I somehow forgot to take True Strike cluster, welp.
"
Druga1757 wrote:
I had shelved my buzzsaw shadow after the nerf, really missed that character. I'm thinking of using his respec for this crit buzzsaw - what do you think of using a Vagan dagger with crit. I'm reading that it's really good, on par with an ambusher with a much lower stat/currency investment cost:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ljdz3/math_of_exile_how_good_are_vagan_daggers_for_coc/

Would you recommend crit multiplier or attack speed, I don't know affixes that well but I think it can only have one or the other (vagan's mod counts as a suffix?)

This looks really interesting.
My Ele Crit character lacks a good dagger so trying to get a good dagger from Vagan is on my to-do list.
As masters only change gear once a day it can take a while to get a decent dagger.
But the fact that a Vagan dagger without yber rolls will preform as good as a very good rolled ambusher is very nice.
I wonder how a really good rolled Vagan dagger will preform for ele crit buzzsaw.
The "Hits can not be evaded" is apparently very underestimated.
If i have understood this correct one can totally disregard accuracy if using a Vagan dagger.
This will make it possible to get better stats on gear and maybe one can even improve the passive skill tree.
It would be nice if someone with deep knowledge of game mechanics could look at this from a elemental crit buzzsaw angle and share thoughts with us.
Can't give you the Ele Buzzsaw angle u requested, but i can confirm that vagan dagger work great in general. I used a vagan dagger for the fakener build and it worked great.

If u get lucky with the regal and hit a good crit/as roll i bet it can compete with a near top ambusher.

Edit: I plan to do this build in torment and so I was watching the videos about it on youtube.
In the "6-link options" video you talk about respeccing out of the mana reserved nodes and get Inner Force instead. I just played arround with Mikelat's aura calculator - if u keep the aura nodes and throw in an empower gem in your alpha's you could boost wrath and anger by about 22.5% (with lvl 3)dmg each. The Herald of Ice doesn't provit from alpha's anyway and u can just link it with a reduced mana gem in ur dagger/shield.

This leaves you at a total of 94% reserved mana. Shouldn't this result in a better dps then Inner Force?
Last edited by Azze28 on Dec 11, 2014, 3:24:05 AM
JUST VAAL IT, DONT LET THIS WORLD BE AN ILLUSION EXILE, IN CRUEL YOU SAID IN MERCILESS, SO JUST VAAL IT, DON'T LET YOUR ITEMS BE SHIT
Last edited by mlyp on Dec 11, 2014, 6:59:59 AM
any sweet update from Mathil himself?

p.s. great job on streaming, Mathil!
Hi Mathil i looking forward to do your ranger 1.3 ele buzzaw build in new leagau do you have any tips to start level ? gear best use etc thx .
my ing is killwitches
So melee crit chance and melee crit multiplier doesn´t work for ele crit buzzsaw?
Was the Disemboweling cluster non-melee crit in current patch and will get changed into melee crit?

When i look at the new skill tree it still looks like elemental crit buzzsaw is going to be viable.
Also there might be other skill changes who makes much diffenrence.
I really looking forward to patch notes and of cause the patch itself.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
So melee crit chance and melee crit multiplier doesn´t work for ele crit buzzsaw?
Was the Disemboweling cluster non-melee crit in current patch and will get changed into melee crit?

When i look at the new skill tree it still looks like elemental crit buzzsaw is going to be viable.
Also there might be other skill changes who makes much diffenrence.
I really looking forward to patch notes and of cause the patch itself.

We'll have to see. Right now it's "increased Critical Strike Chance with One Handed Melee Weapons", so it works with daggers, and ST. But they changed the wording to "melee critical chance", which I dunno means what exactly- melee weapons or attacks? I'll test it as soon as the patch goes live, if it does not work with ST- well, I guess we can just go for more HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info