Mathil's Crit Elemental Buzzsaw (2.0 Uber Viable)

"
Aostrol wrote:
Crit multi 141 vs 90 - but up ele damage 30%

yes, lets do some math:

lets say wit the old patch the dps is: 30.000 (all auras activated)
in the new patch its with all those nerfs maybe at 23.000

in the old patch, with shocked mobs the dps go up to 45000
in the new patch, with shocked mobs and the new passiv nodes the dps go up to 41400

so, thats still a nerf.
but, there are more elemental damage passiv nodes, maybe we can get anywhere near the old dps with these nodes.
"
crackred wrote:
"
Aostrol wrote:

yes, lets do some math:

in the new patch, with shocked mobs and the new passiv nodes the dps go up to 41400

so, thats still a nerf.
but, there are more elemental damage passiv nodes, maybe we can get anywhere near the old dps with these nodes.

Where are you getting a 1.8x multiplier from? 23,000*1.5=31,500. The +30% increased damage per shock/ignite/freeze doesn't change the bonus damage from shock if that's what you thought.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
crackred wrote:
"
Aostrol wrote:

yes, lets do some math:

so, thats still a nerf.

Where are you getting a 1.8x multiplier from? 23,000*1.5=31,500. The +30% increased damage per shock/ignite/freeze doesn't change the bonus damage from shock if that's what you thought.

yea, i just add it with the shock damage
shock damage = *1.5 + 0.3 new passiv node = *1.8
thats what i thought.

so, how you would implent the extra +30% damage?
I'm extremely certain that the node stacks additively with other %increase nodes. Basically, it's a plain and simple 30% increased elemental damage node assuming the enemy has only one status ailment.

For example, I have 100% increase elemental damage from passives/gear/gems (this does not include Celestial Punishment). I also have +50% spell damage from my tree.

My base Arc damage is 100 per cast.

With all of the increases I have, I deal +150% damage, so that's 2.5x the base damage. This equals 250 Arc damage.

My Arc shocks the target with a non-critical strike, dealing 250 damage total on the initial hit ignoring all resistances. This hit doesn't benefit from Celestial Punishment or shock stacking because none were present when the damage was dealt.

On the second cast of my Arc spell I gain 50% extra damage from the shock status ailment I inflicted in the last hit. Because the enemy is shocked, and I have Celestial Punishment in my passive tree, my Arc damage has changed from 250 (+150%) to 280 (+180%).

My hit will deal 280 damage multiplied by the +50% extra damage from the shock stack. I now deal 420 Arc damage.

Basically Celestial Punishment is a bonus that isn't included in the tooltip that acts as a +30% elemental damage node per status ailment on the target as far I can tell.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 4, 2014, 12:04:38 PM
So, What will be with build in 1.3? Loss of 200% crit and multi.. I want to try the build on new league, so can anebody show passive tree for 1.3?
IGN: Javana
Can someone post the tree for 1.2? Wanna try it before respec and poe builder doesn't work since 1.3 spoiled. Thanks a lot!!
@Eidanx:
Here we go:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgSzDkgPqxGWFE0WvxcvGYoZjho4Go8fQSaVJ-0qOCpNLOEtgzKJNZI26TwtPydFfEcGSshQQlFMUzVVS1XWV-JZ813yYeJjQ2TnZp5sFm6qb55wUnBWcNV3B3flfVt9dX3jfr2ApIMJhxOHGYnTjDaQG5BVkn2XBpeXl_6Yb5oTm7WcpKIAoi6nNKeEqW6sR6xmrKq0OLXytz65PrvjwBrDOsSixPbGrspK037Ydti929TjauUZ5c_sOPLh9tr2_PrS-wn79fxL_gr-ug==

Personally, i am intrested what's Mathil's opinion about recently posted 1.3 skill tree.
hey Mathil... pretty big nerf to crit. is all ele/resolute technique the way to go for 1.3 ? and what build do you think is gonna rock ? i personnely think that the witch is the one who benefits the more from the new tree... whats your toughts on this ?

and by the way thanks for all your guide, really good stuff as always
This is what I came up with for 1.3.

I think it looks fine still. I previously capped crit really easily and it shouldn't be too hard to do still. Probably best to be a ranger, lose elemental from shadow and just deal with any losses we have which shouldn't be much.

Yea I think going RT and old Ele Buzzsaw will be viable too. Which is better? This should still be better due to a higher ceiling on the damage attainable but old Ele Buzzsaw will be easier to get up and running once again.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
This is what I came up with for 1.3.

I think it looks fine still. I previously capped crit really easily and it shouldn't be too hard to do still. Probably best to be a ranger, lose elemental from shadow and just deal with any losses we have which shouldn't be much.

Yea I think going RT and old Ele Buzzsaw will be viable too. Which is better? This should still be better due to a higher ceiling on the damage attainable but old Ele Buzzsaw will be easier to get up and running once again.

Thank you! But I think "Precision" will be better than IAS+Acc at the begining of Ranger.
IGN: Javana

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info