Mathil's Crit Elemental Buzzsaw (2.0 Uber Viable)

Last edited by AISBERG on Dec 6, 2014, 2:16:02 PM
Hey Mathil new player here with a couple of questions. Would the life gain on hit gem be good for this build? Because I saw that you didn't put points into vaal pact for your 1.3 build. So would that gem be good instead of life leech?
"
ajlic23 wrote:
Hey Mathil new player here with a couple of questions. Would the life gain on hit gem be good for this build? Because I saw that you didn't put points into vaal pact for your 1.3 build. So would that gem be good instead of life leech?

With the original buzzsaw build, LGOH was better while leveling, although terrible for single-target. And once you got to 70 or so and started to get more hp and dps then life leech was definitely the way to go. Life leech gets better the more hp you have, and these builds end up with quite a bit by endgame (I typically run around 5k hp). So I'm pretty sure it would be the same with this build as it was with the old one. LGOH might be even worse than before since you have less attack speed now.

"
Mathil wrote:
This is what I came up with for 1.3.

I think it looks fine still. I previously capped crit really easily and it shouldn't be too hard to do still. Probably best to be a ranger, lose elemental from shadow and just deal with any losses we have which shouldn't be much.

Yea I think going RT and old Ele Buzzsaw will be viable too. Which is better? This should still be better due to a higher ceiling on the damage attainable but old Ele Buzzsaw will be easier to get up and running once again.

Ohh almighty Mathil, big fan of your builds/videos here. Could you make a 1.3 version of the crit elemental buzzsaw from the scion start? I feel like I f!ck things up when I try to come up with one...

Thanks in advance!
Shadow Elemental Buzzsaw 1.3

Shadow is still nice option for this build.
We are loosing some attack speed and 20% projectile speed.

Also I'm thinking about skipping aura reservation nodes near Templar (this will end in removing one aura) and going into Duelist and possibly using Arcing Blows or even Ice Bite:
Shadow 2nd version

Edit: Ups. I have missed Vaal Pact. :)

Last edited by SevenKnives on Dec 8, 2014, 12:27:49 PM
I had shelved my buzzsaw shadow after the nerf, really missed that character. I'm thinking of using his respec for this crit buzzsaw - what do you think of using a Vagan dagger with crit. I'm reading that it's really good, on par with an ambusher with a much lower stat/currency investment cost:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ljdz3/math_of_exile_how_good_are_vagan_daggers_for_coc/

Would you recommend crit multiplier or attack speed, I don't know affixes that well but I think it can only have one or the other (vagan's mod counts as a suffix?)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Dec 8, 2014, 2:09:42 PM
"
Retpwnzyalol wrote:

Ohh almighty Mathil, big fan of your builds/videos here. Could you make a 1.3 version of the crit elemental buzzsaw from the scion start? I feel like I f!ck things up when I try to come up with one...

Thanks in advance!

I'm no Mathil, but I think this can do-
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAgwlgQ249A5Y7KKxHUUzKSm-eSsg_JypNfVsqOKlutfJuqti9NZKmV03j_o_-Crc-PC3GrpJ99zJyqcT2mG_cI-XPgKRV1mTnFy_60maewBpZ86yqsULzEXGFRtfauZBVGjiCm-w4Jy_hc-0gogB35Vfiz352rOoYOuHyRRqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOsSilwYtg_66u-PTfn11Fr8Pq1M1YeImlYw2VUsfQQMetUgGI3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ0w5IEZaQG3BWmhPb1EcG8uFjQ6c09vx94yzhrGa5Pth242oWbw==

We lose a bit of life (tho there are some more nodes to pick up around), but we get more crit and barbarism, which is kinda nice. And, well, we lose those sweet starting ranger attack speed and accuracy nodes, that's sad =(
I had an old Shadow char who got a total reset of passive skill points from an earlier league ending and i thought i try this.
After allocating skill points and equipped the char with really bad gear i am really pleased with how this build is preforming.
It will be really interesting to see how it does after i 6-linked an Lightning coil i have reserved for this character.

I want to run this in the upcoming new league but i am a little worried when i read that Crit is being nerfed.

Will this be an viable build after the next patch (taking into account the info we have so far)?

Thanks for the writeup and videos of thew build.
It is really appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your build Mathil.
It looks very funny, strong and pretty cheap compared with the usual LL crit-elem-buzz. I think I'll start with this build in Torment.
I've seen your update for 1.3 but I've seen it is still mana-based. If I will get a 6l, this passive tree can be fine? Of course using blood magic as 6th link.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIA7YMILpuNAF4ZjtN-_rp9dcSiu-Maj_ba-wkZii2DlwZ3B4cTnKRvnspKwzqbtYMJKk19W6xHUUxKyD8n2L01krXybqryRf4KOuGmV03j_o88Lcautz7wH2jyr2xM_6IABLOCm-0g4XN35VfiJy_sOJBVGjixQvMRcYXAGkbXVylVS2HiJpUWvw-rUzWMNh9BAx4GI7VIcFIqC_PqcNWJ0w5IXfLYdkcG8uFjQ33jLOGsZrk-kBsRlpoTcFbb1Co4qW46Qkt43agwcdQjBbXo1iLqxp4Qfwx9gsf56EGH

And another question. As you have seen, I've spent 8 points to take phase acro. Are this points a good choice or are them a waste based on your own experience with this build? I mean.. Have you ever said youself something like "I would like to have acro/phase acro.."? In case they are a waste, how to spend them in the best way? Increasing elem dmg taking points from shadow or maybe taking accuracy/crit points from the cluster that ends in the node "From the shadows"?

Thanks for your advice :)!!
Regards.

PS: Since I've read all posts in the topic to avoid asking you same things multiple times, I've found also this build in this post:

"
mikerelf wrote:
"
Retpwnzyalol wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I'm no Mathil, but I think this can do-
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAgwlgQ249A5Y7KKxHUUzKSm-eSsg_JypNfVsqOKlutfJuqti9NZKmV03j_o_-Crc-PC3GrpJ99zJyqcT2mG_cI-XPgKRV1mTnFy_60maewBpZ86yqsULzEXGFRtfauZBVGjiCm-w4Jy_hc-0gogB35Vfiz352rOoYOuHyRRqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOsSilwYtg_66u-PTfn11Fr8Pq1M1YeImlYw2VUsfQQMetUgGI3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ0w5IEZaQG3BWmhPb1EcG8uFjQ6c09vx94yzhrGa5Pth242oWbw==

We lose a bit of life (tho there are some more nodes to pick up around), but we get more crit and barbarism, which is kinda nice. And, well, we lose those sweet starting ranger attack speed and accuracy nodes, that's sad =(

I've got a question because I've a doubt: "Disemboweling" node affect Spectral Throw? No right? That crit chance is taken into account only if I use a melee attack like double strike right? Or is it reasonable to take that passive since maybe the benefits are applied in general to "Melee weapon" such as daggers?

Thanks again :)!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info