Mathil's Crit Elemental Buzzsaw (2.0 Uber Viable)

The now updated Crit Elemental Foil/Dagger Buzzsaw Guide for 2.0. The build revolves around stacking jewels and elemental damage from auras/heralds to make Spectral Throw crit hard and often. Watching the video guide below is highly recommended as it should answer any questions about the build:
Crit Elemental Buzzsaw Video Guide

For any further questions it's best to reach me on my stream at twitch.tv/mathil1

Uber Atziri kill in 2.0 in Darkshrine 5 week league

(Old and original build)
1.3 Uber run on Torment with a 5L

Passive Tree for Scion - 112 points

Current gear on 5 week Darkshrine league that killed Uber Atziri

Spoiler

Ideal stats to get on every piece of gear, listed in order of priority:
Helm: Rat's Nest - No doubt the best choice for helm. It gives good evasion, a high amout of crit and attack speed as well as some movement speed. The crit is quite essential for raising the character's crit amount as it's quite low otherwise.
Chest: Belly of the Beast, Life/evasion/resist rare Assassin Garb, Daresso's Defiance, Lightning coil - My personal preference is Belly of the Beast as it gives a large amount of life as well as resists and the greatest defense of this build is high life paired with high damage and vaal pact to stay alive. Other chests can be good choices and are up to you.
Weapon: Rare Foil (Fancy/Jewelled) - Crit, attack speed, weapon elemental damage, crit multi, + light/cold/fire damage. Try to go for near max attack speed and crit and hopefully 1-2 good elemental damages.
Shield: Rare Evasion Shield- Life, resists, evasion.
Gloves: Rare gloves, Maligaro, Facebreakers - Life, attack speed, accuracy, resists. You'll need a gear slot for 3 blue 1 red and gloves would be a good option to do it in. Maligaro are better dps wise by a good bit and are my recommended choice as they give good crit and dps. Facebreakers give similar dps as Maligaro but don't give any crit which I feel is necessary.
Boots: Rare boots - Life, resists, Intelligence. Movement speed is pretty nice to have but if you choose to travel purely by whirling you can skip that.
Belt: Rare leather belt - WED, Life, resists. A high amount of WED here will give you many dps so getting 30+ on it is a good idea.
Rings: Diamond rings - Life, WED, Accuracy, resists. Once again, WED is going to be huge for dps so get it here too.
Amulet: Rare Amulet - WED, Crit Multi, Life, Crit chance, Accuracy, resists. Amulet is a large dps slo and both WED and Crit Multi will give substantial dps boosts. Try to get both.

My current Jewels:

Gem Setups:
Helm 4L - Frenzy, Fortify, Blood Magic, Power Charge on Crit
Chest 6L - Spectral Throw, GMP, Weapon Elemental Damage, Blood Magic, Lightning Penetration, Life Leech.
Gloves 4L -Whirling Blades, Blood Magic, Faster Attacks, Fortify
Boots 4L - Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark
Shield 2L - Wrath, Vaal Haste, Increased Duration
Weapon 3L - Blood Magic, Summon Ice Golem, Blood Rage

Bandits:
Normal - Oak or passive, depends on how much you value 40 life. I went passive to cap my dps earlier.
Cruel - Kraityn - 8% Faster attack
Merciless - Kraityn - Frenzy Charge

Leveling
I don't recommend the build as a fresh starting character without any gear ready for you whatsoever.
Elreon's -mana cost jewelry will be amazing to use for leveling if you can get your hands on it. Otherwise, pick up Spectral Throw and use it with swords or claws with life gain on hit whilst going towards the jewel slots for static electricity jewels. Fill out Shadow and Duelist areas after that.
For more on leveling please reference the video guide above.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Nov 30, 2015, 6:24:31 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2016, 12:25:52 AM
No lmp/gmp on your spec throw ? :o
I wouldnt prefer to run assassins mark as the only way to get charges if im taking alira in merciless. It doesnt seem as consistant. Possibly PcoC on molten?
Last edited by KaiSong on Nov 27, 2014, 10:37:55 PM
I looked at yours and you're physical. I'm entirely elemental and am built quite differently. Your passive tree link is broken even as I'm guessing it hasn't been updated since the last change. I'm also life based.

Iski and Flubby have low life ST builds. It's not even in the same ball park. Yes they're all ST builds so that's the similar part.

What I'm trying to achieve is sharing the build I made a few days ago when thinking about converting Ele Buzzsaw to Crit Ele Buzzsaw, as many people had asked me to.

My dps atm is 34k LMP with power charges up.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
I looked at yours and you're physical. I'm entirely elemental and am built quite differently. Your passive tree link is broken even as I'm guessing it hasn't been updated since the last change. I'm also life based.

Iski and Flubby have low life ST builds. It's not even in the same ball park. Yes they're all ST builds so that's the similar part.

What I'm trying to achieve is sharing the build I made a few days ago when thinking about converting Ele Buzzsaw to Crit Ele Buzzsaw, as many people had asked me to.

My dps atm is 34k LMP with power charges up.

On Iski: When we started off playing on the crit dagger route, both of us went single-target crit ST (you went ele RT, and the whole league followed you). I got bored and went on to wanding. Iski moved on to low-life the build.

No biggie though - as you mention, a ton of people have done non-LL ele crit dagger builds already. The gem's been out for a year, and most people have moved past it. If you can do something better, that'd be amazing. Most likely, you'll popularize it for a bit.

Your links don't show LMP. What are playing with atm?

Just swapping between LMP and Faster Attacks for bosses on Atziri runs. Caught my gear with FA one when linked. Should be fixed by now.

Uploaded a video guide and will hopefully finish typing this guide/thread up tomorrow. Dying of sleep deprival atm so really can't.
We talked about this a bit on stream but figured I'd post for anyone who's interested. There are a lot of options available for a 6th link once you get one. I've tested a few of them over the past couple days, and I really think the decision just comes down to personal preference and playstyle, there isn't one that's objectively better than the others.

Faster Attacks - probably the highest tooltip dps increase. I found that with this as my 6th link I was running out of mana a lot more often, even when running a lvl 21 clarity on life. It's probably best just to swap this gem in place of LMP for certain boss fights, e.g. Atziri.

Faster Projectiles - slight increase in damage, large increase in range. Kill more stuff off-screen.

Additional Accuracy - I haven't been able to test this out yet but it may be a viable option. Accuracy is definitely something you have to gear around with this build, so using the gem would allow a lot more flexibility in your gear. I'm running with 82% chance to hit, so having more accuracy would help a lot, but its a tradeoff of course.

Blood Magic - This is the one that I personally like best, maybe just because it allows me to gear more similarly to old-style buzzsaw that I'm used to. But with BM as my 6th link, I'm now able to drop Clarity and instead run Purity of Lightning on mana, which allows me to use Lightning Coil. I was also able to drop the 2 nodes for mana drinker and get more life nodes instead. So I end up with just about the same life (5.1k) that I had with Belly, but with the vastly superior defense of Coil, 81% lightning res instead of 75%, and not having to deal with annoying mana issues. It does sacrifice some dps compared to using one of the other gems, but I don't feel slow by any means (did a couple Atziri runs and the bosses all die much faster than they did with my old buzzsaw, and I don't even bother with the molten strike). If you like running difficult map mods like I do, then I think this is the way to go. If you prefer running easy maps as fast as possible, then you're probably better off with one of the higher dps choices.

If anyone cares, here's my current gear. I need more accuracy on rings but it's tough to get resists and everything else too. Dropping Maligaro's would make it easier, but they really add a lot of dps. Tooltip dps is 24.2k with no charges, 30.1k with 5 charges, (44.7k with 5 charges, vaal haste, and flask :) 40% evade, 30% block, 76/75/81/-23 resists.
Spoiler

Lvl 93 tree (ranger):
Passive skill tree build
Are these items good/ideal for this build?

They are for sale atm :) enjoy the build
It seems like a ele builds are good atm
Enjoy playing!

Standard !
Last edited by mikee155 on Nov 28, 2014, 6:04:47 PM
hm i'm lv73 on shadow and can't seem to break 10k dps and hp is only at 3.3k with a tabula rasa,,wonder why./
"
aznsky01 wrote:
hm i'm lv73 on shadow and can't seem to break 10k dps and hp is only at 3.3k with a tabula rasa,,wonder why./

It's hard to help you without knowing your gear.

Crit build are self explanatory but don't neglet your accuracy.
Elemental build dps is usually achived with fast attacks, aura levels, gem quality and WED on gear.

In short grind your gem levels :) if they are not level 20+ and your dps will rise exponentially.

Good luck.

minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Bump!
Last edited by KawaiiDictator on Nov 29, 2014, 9:37:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info