[2.1] Dual Apep's Chaos Crit - Stapling Chaos to a Level 1 Spell (Draft Spark Totem tree up)

"
you plan update tree for 1.3 ?

Yes, I will update soon. Out of town for the holiday, but I'll be testing with the lvl 20 version and have some updates for both variants.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Dec 24, 2014, 1:18:21 AM
Hello,

I really like the idea and i respec one of my witches to this specs.

Since the 1.3 update from OP havent come out yet, here is my tree for it:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAv4DHgQHBUIHHgdjDkgPxBGWFr8c3B9BJpUnqSoLKjgqTSycLR81kjpYOuE7fD8nQZZCw0SrRnFJUUrITLNN41AwUUxVS1WuVcZd8l8qYeJjQ2SdbqpvnnBScNV3B31bfll_xoIQgh6DCYPbhxOJ04w2j6aP-pMnlSCVLpykoqOmV6lurEeus7QMtUi18rjKuZPB88MJykrLvdD12L3bC9te34Tfit-w6-Tr9fDV8h3yRfPq_gr-jw==

Atm i dont have dual apep's in torment, but saving currency towards it :)

gear wise:

i run with cloak of defiance and arctic armor for defense.

herald of thunder + cuse on hit + assasins mark + reduce mana

herald of ice + clarity + reduce mana + (discipline - maybe for the increase mana regen)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Currently running a new setup with Scolds Bridle, it acts as an extra chaos damage gem with its buff :)

Although I have good gear I still lack DPS. Currently around 6.2k with 5 power charges :( I dont see how I can improve.

MY quesiton is , how can I do chaos immune bosses?
Can we expect an update soon?
Really looking forward to update for 1.3. Probaly gonna make an attempt to level another character with this build. Already bought two Apep's.
Build looks interesting, going to be starting up a character in bloodlines. I'll keep you guys posted.
Actively testing this build again and working on updating the guide.

I'm using a lvl 20 Freezing Pulse gem and trying to decide whether I can phase out the use of Life Leech in my link and just rely on Berek's Grip and Atziri's Promise. With the life leech gem, I can take on double reflect on top of vulnerability and extra fire damage (a pretty dangerous map for this build).

Running Vaal Storm Call with echo, duration, and chaos damage.
Doomed for Life
Made a CI version of the tree for the hell of it:

234%ES. Mana regen is probably a bit too low for even the level 1 variant, as you'd want to use Voidbringer instead of Maligaro's to compensate for the loss of ES from a shield. Arctic Armour is right out. Probably isn't possible to run Discipline, high level Clarity, and two Heralds, although there are three aura clusters nearby to reduce mana reservation if needed. Auxium/Dream Fragments and Eye of Chayula are most likely needed.
@stormfallen

A couple quick notes on your tree:
-Repath and swap into Corruption instead of Method to the Madness. 4 for 38 is better than 5 for 41.
-Drop Inner Force/Shaper for Witch start mana/regen and Soul Siphon (or Nimbleness if your mana can handle it).

It's interesting that you posted this right now, as I have been thinking along similar lines. I'm working on a couple non-EB trees. I don't like how the lvl 20 gem variant is testing; the power is crazy, but the defensive plan is much weaker. I think that going back to lvl 1 and trying out some different defensive plans may be the next stop.

1. Evasion/Acrobatics life build, lvl 1 gem.

Grace, Clarity (mid-level?), and Herald of Thunder with Daresso's Defiance, Cherubim's Maleficence or a high evasion rare.

2. Low-life (Shav's), evasion ES build with auras, lvl 1 gem.

Grace and Herald of Thunder on life. Discipline, Haste (or a Purity if the resist is tight), and Clarity on mana. Shav's, Voidbringer, a high ES helm/boots, and Auxium/Dream Fragments/Eye of Chayula (although losing amulet is rough, so maybe Lioneye's Paws is the way to go; Lightning Warp is VERY fast on this character with just LW-reduced duration). Pain Attunement is freaking HUGE here.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Mar 8, 2015, 2:16:11 PM
Made 3 trees for an AoE spell. Main difference is that they go into Templar instead of Duelist.

1st one gets Corruption, Quick Recovery, Shaper, and Shadow's 12% cast speed:

2nd one gets Harrier, True Strike, Hired Killer, Foresight, Shaper, and Quick Recovery:

3rd one gets Corruption and Harrier etc., and can give up some life for Shadow's cast speed or Witch's mana/mana regen:

Think I like the 2nd one the best. It's quite close to common Glacial Cascade trees also, making respeccing easy if you want.

Glacial Cascade and Storm Call are the spells that work best with Apep's I think. Both have very high damage effectiveness/second and very useful quality bonuses. Concentrated effect makes GC's range and width really suffer though, meaning you have to play very carefully if you want to use Carcass Jack instead of Cloak of Defiance. SC's range and large base AoE can counter that, but it suffers against fast targets and from low mobility. Links would be Spell -> Echo -> Conc Eff -> Added Chaos -> Crit Damage/Crit Chance/Life Leech/Inc Aoe/Faster Casting/etc.
Last edited by stormfallen on Apr 6, 2015, 12:47:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info