[2.1] Dual Apep's Chaos Crit - Stapling Chaos to a Level 1 Spell (Draft Spark Totem tree up)

I got a question about 1.3 via PM.

For the original lvl 1 FP variant that I am advocating in the original post, the tree does not change except for a few crit multi nerfs. This build variant is still solid in 1.3 as far as the tree goes; we'll see if there are any major changes to any of the other things. If there are not, I think you can run as is.

The above post details a version of Enki91's variant with a lvl 20 FP gem, Berek's Grip to replace the leech gem, and 2 Atziri's Promises to shore up the leech and add mad damage. I think that the version I have provided is a solid first draft for this. My biggest conundrum is whether to use elemental nodes that also give great other bonuses, or to skip them for generic cast speed or other things that will be effective for all my damage. As it stands, I'll be using a lvl 20 FP, HoT, HoI, and added lightning, so only 60% of my damage will be elemental (I did the math). The new Templar Celestial nodes are so good, however, that I think it is good enough anyway.
Doomed for Life
One question how much DPS (clean) you got without Powercharges? im curious.
Exactly what I am looking for in 1.3 ! I was going head over toe to make another chaos dmg build and this is brilliant, I have not expected such high dmg and potential from +100 dmg nodes. I will work on some graphic fanwork for this great build, cant wait to try it out ! Cheers!
Which skill is best for lvling for this build? Flameblast or lightning tendrils?
"
zzang wrote:

I'll take a peek next time I jump on. It's a pretty sizable hit.

@Toddavid
Sounds great. Let us know how it goes.

"
patryk1919 wrote:
Which skill is best for lvling for this build? Flameblast or lightning tendrils?

I imagine that both would work fine. Honestly, I'd consider playing with Freezing Pulse LMP, were I to level with this build. The freeze chance will offset the fact that you get most of your best life later in the build. You can even spec into the 5 damage nodes in Heart of Ice, Thunder, or Flame depending on what you decide (and then respec them once you go chaos). I might also consider pathing by Conduit first to get IR earlier and then to fix it later and go into Shadow once you've gotten the evasion/IR/life stuff in the south.

Full Disclosure: I have a pile of unspecced characters that I've been using to try stuff out. I have not leveled using this build.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Dec 9, 2014, 2:29:55 PM
"
zzang wrote:

The dps without charges is 16,100, shotgun 80,000. Ice Spear is 30,000.

I don't have too much trouble keeping charges up while soloing, between my single target and my curse. The single target makes its own charges against tough bosses you want to freeze.
Doomed for Life
I am wondering, wouldnt it be better to go for chaos dmg nodes( methods of madness) insted of packing scion skill tree spell dmg? You would need to find additional +1 skill node but u receive +41% chaos dmg comapred to 28% spell. And maybe go for " Corruption" that addds 38% ?
"
Toddavid wrote:
I am wondering, wouldnt it be better to go for chaos dmg nodes( methods of madness) insted of packing scion skill tree spell dmg? You would need to find additional +1 skill node but u receive +41% chaos dmg comapred to 28% spell. And maybe go for " Corruption" that addds 38% ?

Can you tell me which tree you are asking about?

In my original lvl 1 FP tree in the OP, I take MttM and have talked earlier in the thread about why I don't take Corruption. Short version: it's less efficient damage-wise per node than other choices.

I don't take the Scion nodes in any of my trees, but have talked about it as an example in relation to the lvl 20 FP trees that Enki91 and I have worked up. In that scenario, chaos is only part of the damage, so generic spell damage nodes are better for overall damage than chaos damage nodes that only buff part of your dps. If you do only 50% chaos damage, for example, then the chaos damage nodes are only worth 50% of their value, whereas generic spell damage is worth 100%.

Does that make sense?
Doomed for Life
"
SirDragos wrote:
In that scenario, chaos is only part of the damage, so generic spell damage nodes are better for overall damage than chaos damage nodes that only buff part of your dps. If you do only 50% chaos damage, for example, then the chaos damage nodes are only worth 50% of their value, whereas generic spell damage is worth 100%.

Does that make sense?

Crystal clear, thanks or the reply :) I actually thought about that after posting but did not have a chance to log on and fix my comment. Thanks for explaining once again :)

I must have opened multi tabs of the skill tree and mixed your design with Enki's therefore the scion tree nods
you plan update tree for 1.3 ?
IGN: Aqur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info