[2.1] Dual Apep's Chaos Crit - Stapling Chaos to a Level 1 Spell (Draft Spark Totem tree up)

I respecced one of my old Shadows into a non-crit Bladefall version of this, and it's going pretty well. Tooltip is rather low but that barely matters with Bladefall's multiple hits and the poison dot. Currently using a 5L Carcass Jack, though Hyrri's Ire, Lightning Coil, Belly of the Beast, or Cherrubim's Maleficence could all work. Very tempted to try CM to become a leech machine with Warlord's Mark and Atziri's Promise, and also because it looks badass as fuck.

Current level 80 Tree:
Bandits currently Oak/kill/Alira because I'm too cheap to respec.

Eventual tree:
Going for Corruption rather than Method to the Madness so I can get 50 int in the jewel socket for the Rallying Cry jewel.

Double cursing with Temporal Chains and Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy, with a mid-level Clarity and Rallying Cry for mana sustain. Probably liable to get one-shot by a zombie sooner or later, which will probably make me rethink my mana reservation.

Tooltip DPS is 9,327.6 in hideout.
Last edited by stormfallen on Dec 16, 2015, 10:08:48 PM
Interesting take. Bladefall joins Magma orb in the 100%+ effectiveness category, but seems even better due to the number of strikes, even though it is a slow spell. Do you find that the area damage nodes double-dips for poison the same way that projectile damage does? I usually prefer a projectile spell to take maximum use of that. Take a look at the non-crit tree that I put up: I think that if you are not doing crit, going underneath Scion to get the duration nodes is pretty strong with any spell that has the duration tag. This is one reason I like spark for non-crit too.

The Rallying Cry jewel is amazing for a MoM Acro character. I really like the idea and have been playing around with what a left-side-of-tree Iron Will MoM caster would look like if you took several of them. Stacking life and strength on top of MoM seems really powerful.

With your build, I'd be tempted to try to take Whispers of Doom to free the ring. Also, I really like the Rallying Cry jewel, but I'd maybe try to find a different spot for it: you can manipulate the tree to use the Shadow, Templar or MoM sockets for it instead for just a couple more points. The reason is that if you rearrange your tree around the Witch socket and take Dark Arts while you are at it, you can do a 45% Eldritch Knowledge.

Keep it up and let me know how it goes.
Doomed for Life
Following this cool idea - Just about to hit 68 (used bladefall to level, pretty awesome!) and was just wondering:

What's the complete gem/gear setup in mind? Is this still a duel totem spark chaos/poison conversion?

Sorry if it's listed already!

EDIT: Wow I'd refreshed this thread plenty but as of my reply new posts turned up? In-between existing ones too. Sorry for the wasteful post =(
IGN: HiThisIsCustomerSupport
Last edited by Drakargh on Dec 17, 2015, 5:57:15 PM
@Drakargh

Welcome to the party.

I've just made the mid-60's transition from a physical-scaling EK poisoner (for leveling) to a dual spark totem (lvl 1 spark). The 6L looks like this for me right now and I think that this may be optimal for an Apep's endgame. Faster Projectiles may be replaced by Faster Cast later, but is for sure better than Increased Duration or Crit Damage.

Belly or Hyrri's Ire will be the chest later. I just got a lucky Tabula drop.

I am going to run (lvl 1) Power Siphon-GMP-CoH-Projectile Weakness in Atziri's Step once I hit lvl 69 in order to curse and make charges (they deal 0 damage, but cull and curse). Cursed enemies have 100% pierce once I get a 20% PW gem.

I am running Clarity and Grace right now. Not sure exactly what will change, but I am going to open up some of my mana for MoM mitigation, as my totems cost 37 mana apiece. Maybe this just means getting more mana so that Clarity takes less of a %.

The rest of the gear and gems are totally up in the air. Perhaps a 4L Vaal Spark or Vaal Storm Call? Maybe a 4L golem? Searing bond as it now adds a totem and lights up the other two? It would be kinda neat to use some more DoT nodes and make better use of that. More curses?

Current mid-transition tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SirDragos/characters
See The_Agent_of_Chaos.

Gear: Diamond rings or Doedre's rings.
Some neat things to try:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Scorn
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mindspiral + Rallying Cry jewels
Doomed for Life
Could you pop up a video Dragos?
Short version:
I have switched to Voltaxic lvl 20 Spark Totems.
Poison is still super busted.
MoM+Acro+Evasion/Dodge Gear is waaay better than expected.
Lvl 1 Dual Apep's is still a great lvl 62-80 choice as the tree is effectively identical at those levels.

Long Version:
I have morphed this build into something that I have found to be much more powerful. Instead of using dual Apep's wands and a lvl 1 Spark, I am using Voltaxic and a crit quiver with a lvl 20 Spark.

The tree is almost exactly the same.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4EBwW1BnAHHg5IES8RlhZvFr8dFB8CH0Ej9iT9JpUqCyoTKlsrCi0fMHEwfDY9NsU31DpCQZZDNkWdSVFLeEyzTZJOn06uUUdS7FNSVUtVxljlWitcQF3yXyph4mKsZp5qQ2qMaxdsjHBSdZ559np_fll_xoPbg_OFMofLidOMNo19jb-OZI9Gj_qVIJUumuCdqqKjotmj8qcIp5uuEq6zsNixNrTFtUi2-rmTvOrAVMHzwuzDCcgUzxXQH9D11CPYJN2o42rnVOtj6-Tr7uv17T_v6_DV8h31b_em-tL_3g==?accountName=SirDragos&characterName=The_Agent_of_Chaos

You just cut Dark Arts and use a regular jewel in the Witch slot instead of an Eldritch Knowledge. The only really sizable loss is the utility you get from Power Siphon. I was generating power charges and deploying my curse with PS-GMP-CoH-Projectile Weakness. Using Voltaxic I am now using Frenzy-GMP-CoH-Projectile Weakness-Blind in my bow. I may try to add Assassin's Mark later with a +1 curse item or Whispers of Doom. Assassin's Mark would normally be terrible to use with a totem build, but you get credit for poison kills and it gives you charges. Seems nice. You also get 9 (or 10) projectiles with Rain of Splinters. Sweet.

If I were to do it again in a new league, I'd still level with Poison EK into Dual Apep's into Voltaxic Spark totems. Voltaxic is expensive now that the word is out on Poison and Apep's are very powerful for their cost, even with a lvl 1 gem.
Doomed for Life
Given that the entire point of this build is to exploit broken poison mechanics, wouldn't it be easier and more efficient to go non crit?

With non crit build you could pick both duration clusters, ALL chaos clusters AND totem cast speed clusters and have 155% life.

Something like this:

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBA-4FtQZwBqAHHg-rFr8c3B0UHb4i4iSLJpUo-ioTKk0qWzBxM4c1kjY9OkI6WDrhPydBh0M2RZ1HBkfiSRNJUUrIS3hN406fUUxSr1LsU1JVS1XGWOVZbVorXEBfmF-wYeJirGSEZp5n_GqMbIxtbG6qdZ559np_fVuCx4PbhMWHy4ngjb-PGo9Gj_qTH5UumuCboZu1naqi2aPypDmmV6cIp5usR6yYsNi0xbVItfK3PriTu03C7MM6yBTKSs8VzzLQ0NQj2L3b591f3ajmWOvu8NXyRfVv99f5vfno-tL-Cv6P
@diablomig

I assume that this was meant for my other guide for the Voltaxic build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1570650

This thread's variant uses a lvl 1 Spark gem. You won't do much damage without crit.
Doomed for Life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info