[2.1] Dual Apep's Chaos Crit - Stapling Chaos to a Level 1 Spell (Draft Spark Totem tree up)

"
gokulnath wrote:
nice guide and build.how much life r u at now?can u tell ur dps at 5l and without cast speed rings on ur jewels so that i can see raw dmg power of this build

Switching to generic, non-dps diamond rings, the damage goes to 21,500

The damage takes a serious dive without all the dps pieces in the link. Without Spell Echo, it goes to 13,800 and without crit damage, it goes to 14,900. I think that you'd be better off using CantripN's idea for Warlord's Mark and Atziri's Promise instead of leech. I think that it is much riskier, but as a stopgap until you can get a 6L, not a bad one. Even a low ES 6L would probably get you there for most purposes. I just sold a 6L Sages Robe for 5 ex after having it up for some time, and you can get 400+ ES on something like that easily.
Doomed for Life
can u tell me why u r going crit route?since all our dmg comes from chaos .
how much life r u at?.since looking at ur tree the life percent is almost only 100% i dont think it efficient to reach5k at lvl 80 since we r going dual wield plus using void bringer
"
gokulnath wrote:
can u tell me why u r going crit route?since all our dmg comes from chaos .
how much life r u at?.since looking at ur tree the life percent is almost only 100% i dont think it efficient to reach5k at lvl 80 since we r going dual wield plus using void bringer

Crit is the only way to scale the Chaos damage into anything usable for most skills (except Incinerate). I take almost everything that you can take in this part of the tree to scale the damage, but aside from some pretty inefficient spell damage nodes and the also inefficient Chaos/DoT cluster, there is no other way to increase the damage. Something like Iron Will, for example, would never be enough to hit 100K+ shotgun damage. I understand that Chaos has no elemental effect, but it is raw power we are looking for along with dodging common elemental resistances without needing to use a penetration gem and near immunity to reflect.

I am at about 3800 life. If you take a look at the Tree section, you'll see my notes about it. I get 119% life in the tree at the moment, but there are very few good options to get more without giving up pretty important offensive nodes. I do have a tree at the end of that section that gets you to about 4650 with my other stats and level.

I'm not sure where the 5K by level 80 comment is coming from. Can you clarify what you mean and what Voidbringer has to do with it? I don't think that I am understanding your comments very well.
Doomed for Life
ya 3.8 nice pool if u have 30 mom .i told voidbringer because its takes rare slot which would have life roll on it.wow inc chaos dmg through crit is genius but what would be ur take on flame surge since it can increase more dmg through when u can throw a fire trap to produce massive dmg when monsters on burn ground.the quality on chaos dmg is addictive mode or it calculates on the overall dmg?.
"
gokulnath wrote:
ya 3.8 nice pool if u have 30 mom .i told voidbringer because its takes rare slot which would have life roll on it.wow inc chaos dmg through crit is genius but what would be ur take on flame surge since it can increase more dmg through when u can throw a fire trap to produce massive dmg when monsters on burn ground.the quality on chaos dmg is addictive mode or it calculates on the overall dmg?.

Yeah, missing the life roll on gloves and shield is a bit of a pain, as well as the chest slot for me (a hybrid armor or evasion/ES chest with life is probably better here), but most builds use some unique or another that has a missing life slot. Even with my 119% life in the tree, a chest with 100 life would bring my total up past 4K, so not too bad. I'm pretty high lvl though.

I think Flame Surge is a great idea!
The 50% more modifier would do wonders for the damage. The only reason I did not try it yet is because I don't like the small area very much and FP has fantastic shotgunning power. I think that FS-Chaos-Crit damage-Leech-AoE-[Echo/Conc. effect] would work very well.
I really believe that this template can be used to great effect for other skills. I know that Ice Spear works; a dedicated Ice Spear build could cut about 200% of the crit chance for more life and attack from a greater distance too. I know that it works with Glacial Cascade; the multiple hits per cascade work awesome. I'd be willing to bet that Storm Call, Flame Surge, and maybe even Flameblast would do well. Any spell that has a decent base cast speed and does not have terrible damage effectiveness that would hurt the chaos numbers (like Arc at 50%, for example). My buddy even tried it with Frost Wall.

The increased chaos damage on the quality is additive, but the total additive number for this build is lower than other elemental builds, because there is less chaos than fire/elemental in the tree, for example. The effect of this is that spell damage, chaos damage, and projectile damage we can get is going to have more of an impact than in other builds that get more. Adding 15% damage to 300% is a much better deal than it is than adding it to 500% once you multiply the damage all out.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Nov 25, 2014, 5:04:02 PM
ty for the reply. this build is like ironwill build where dps depends on ur items and perfect passive tree.i can afford 2 ape rage and voidbinger but not 6l es way tooooo far off my reach.may be i can use tabula and replace gloves with some other rare es/life gloves.just try ur build using this setup and tell me how its goes in endgame maps
Build updated with Pros/Cons.

Other than a video (potato!), anything else I should add to the guide?
Doomed for Life
Your thread really inspired me, i gave it a go and tried to see how far we can push DPS with dual Apeps and a Lv20 FP gem. The higher mana cost required a slightly changed tree, i'm also using a different gear & gem setup.
Still testing to find the most optimal combination, but i'm pretty satisfied with this already:

Gear

DPS right now is 150k shotgun, 168k with Atziri flask. Survivability comes from empowered AA and beeing able to freeze everything til the edge of my screen, if it doesn't get 1shot anyway.

The tree also comes close to VP if someone feels the need for it, i'm doing fine so far without.
Still experimenting with Vaal Clarity & Haste, using it only for bosses right now.

Anyway, can definitely vouch for this build and the idea in general, wouldn't be surprised if we see this build in the next BotW season :)
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki91

Nice! I love the Atziri's Splendor and Berek's Grip ideas. I used to run a Freezepulser before that ring was around and always thought it was a perfect way to dodge the need for the leech gem. Seems extra fantastic with Herald of Thunder/Added Lightning too if one decided to go that way instead of Faster Projectiles.

I might make a couple small suggestions for your tree:

The crit damage is totally worth the extra node in the Doom Cast cluster. I build a spreadsheet for my damage to figure out what was the best amulet to get to increase dps. Turns out that crit damage > spell damage > crit chance when you compare what you get with a typical node. Very efficient boost.

You might consider the Dynamo cluster below Templar. When you have a lot of +increased mana, reducing the cost is kind of like a More modifier as it is multiplicative with the increased mana. In a sense. I think that it is probably more effective than Dreamer at mitigating costs.

Also, a very small thing. Take the 4% cast speed nodes in Witch/Shadow starts instead of Nimbleness/Mental Rapidity as you level. You end up with 1% or 2% extra cast speed for those levels you don't have the full cluster.

I'm really glad that you are getting something out of this. Your build looks insane and I may have to try this version once the respec happens.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Nov 26, 2014, 7:23:33 PM
Thanks, will try around with these suggestions today. Gonna keep you updated how it turned out.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info