[2.1] Dual Apep's Chaos Crit - Stapling Chaos to a Level 1 Spell (Draft Spark Totem tree up)

"
SirDragos wrote:
I don't think I'd build this without crit, but I guess it can be scaled otherwise so much easier now, so maybe it'll work. Take a look at this tree; I've taken your idea in a litle different direction.

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABbUGcAceCPQOSA-rEQ8RLxGWFr8YaiLqI_YkiyTYJpUrCi0fMHEwfDIBNj031DpCOlg7DTvjPV9E-0WdSRNJUUt4TC1Ms02STp9RR1JTU1JVS1XGWAdcQF3yXyph4mHrYqxkCWpDaoxrF2yMbWx0VXWeeC96U3p_fOV_xoPbhMWFMoVth8uJ4IoojDaNfY2_j0aP-pMflSCVLpeVmuCbJpuhm7WdqqKjotmnCKebrJiw2LIZtUi86sBUwfPDOsgUzxXPetAf1CPVgdgk3ajmWOjW62Pr7u0_7-vw1fVv99c=

Edit: the weird pathing around the northern Witch area is for best use of Eldritch Knowledge. You miss one node, but 10 INT + 5% chaos is not worth the point.

interesting take on my tree! i feel like life is going to be important, that's why i leaned toward the scion life wheel. A build like this is going to be pretty advanced, i hope we can get some more minds working on it together to get a build order we all agree on :)
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Poison makes this build busted again. I'll put more info up later, but I put a note in the first post as to why. Finding the best spells to deliver it with is the next step, but Spark totems is likely the best I can see now.
Doomed for Life
@SirDragos:
Wouln't be the Physical spells still be the best as Physical is also abled to Poison?
If you are using a lvl 20+ gem, yes. This build is designed to use a level 1 gem and use mana primarily for defense. 50 mana totems are so cheap. What is more important is the base spell's spell factors like crit chance, cast time, damage effectiveness, etc.

So we're looking for the best formulas like this

Cast per second * Damage Effectiveness * chances to hit

And then take into account the size of the area affected and the base crit chance along with any other unique spell factors like Flame Surge's 50% more damage against burning enemies.

Spark works well because it casts quickly and has 4 projectiles in the new patch; even a 70% effectiveness comes out way ahead. You get less 30% damage, and less 30% speed, and lose a support with spell totem. But you gain a second totem, spell automation so you can curse and Frost Wall, 2 more projectiles with Rain of Splinters, and the safety of totem casting. You can also get 100% pierce without the gem via the tree and Projectile Weakness and either curse scaling or the unique pierce jewel.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Dec 10, 2015, 2:08:19 PM
Alright, then we came to the same conclusion.
I'll try (and stream) Lvl20EK+Poison Version
Otherwise you just try to search the the best combination of the offensive properties, agreed.

Btw. Controlled Destruction is pretty insane for Crit-builds aswell :P
Edited some example info into the above post.

CD is crazy good. So is Void Manipulation. I'm builing for the new league, but this build running low life would be even crazier. Would not be able to use MoM though, and that is one of the key strengths.
Doomed for Life
I'm actually pretty hyped to try this out.

Spark Dual Totem would be my skill of choice and i will probably post a passive skill-tree before the start here, but i'd love to see your take on this.

Having never played a build with EB/MOM/ZO i'm curious about your opinion about defense and if it's enough for HC.
Okay, I've had enough tree pruning for the night. My buddies and I need to sleep. Need to cut about 10 nodes and magic up some more life if I can. Might have to drop Hyrri's Ire for Belly to make it work.

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8g5IKwoRlhEvAx5_xgce62MfQaKjlS61SDY9wfPw1Z2qlSCP-klRbIwtH1xA6_VirEyzh8vDCbTFrrPQHwQHp5u5k8LsDPJBlu_r6-SD2x8CdZ7yHQW1KlulywVC0PU7DV8qVcY2xc8VBnCNv3n2LJwRDzpYg_PYJE6fUUfUI0M2215OrqcIen8-zzfU51QwfDBxUuxQMLE2j0br7r3m7T8k_Y193aiuEh0UmuCFMv_eI_ZLePrSjmRFnU2SOkJmnhZv96ZTUhZAWOXjarb6hX0qE1oro_JMLUT7O-OKKGQJ

@eizieiz93
This is not an EB/ZO build. Also, you'd have to build differently for HC, as I don't get near enough life for that. I know it can work, but you lose a lot of damage getting there. It may be worth it for the cheap totems and poison scaling. Once I get some testing under my belt, I';ll get a HC tree variant together. Love to see your HC take on it.
Doomed for Life
Woops..
I was very sleepy while reading the whole thread..
Will edit this post with the tree when i have time / it's ready

// Edit

So your skilltree has :

+54 to Strength
+153 to Dexterity
+313 to Intelligence
+196.5 to maximum Mana
+89 to maximum Life

Evasion Rating: 56

+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+5 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+5 Maximum Power Charge

4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
4% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% More Damage per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge

86% increased Physical Damage
147% increased Chaos Damage
12% increased Attack Speed
10% increased Cast Speed

131% increased maximum Life

+5 Life gained on Kill
20% increased Elemental Damage
140% increased Critical Strike Chance
55% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
12% increased Attack Damage
28% increased Spell Damage

80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
35% increased Evasion Rating
45% increased maximum Energy Shield
+13% to all Elemental Resistances

50% increased Projectile Damage
10% increased Projectile Speed

5% increased Movement Speed

0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life

245% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
70% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
36% increased Power Charge Duration
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration

28% increased maximum Mana

4% increased Spell Damage per Power Charge
4% increased Cast Speed with Chaos Skills

+20% to Chaos Resistance

125% increased Damage with Poison
40% chance of Projectiles Piercing
10% chance to Poison on Hit
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield, 30% less Chance to Block Spells and Attacks

4% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
+2 Jewel Socket

24% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
20% increased Cast Speed while Dual Wielding
20% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
20% increased Flask Recovery Speed
30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage

26% increased Totem Damage
10% increased Critical Strike Chance with Totem Skills
36% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Totem Skills
Gain 100% increased Global Critical Strike Chance for 4 seconds when you Summon a Totem

When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
0.8% of Life Regenerated per Second
15% increased Totem Placement speed

Spells Cast by Totems have 2% increased Cast Speed
Attacks used by Totems have 3% increased Attack Speed
You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself
Can summon up to 1 additional Totem

63% increased maximum Energy Shield from Intelligence
11% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+306 Accuracy Rating
31% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity

// I'll work on the HC one now
Last edited by eizieiz93 on Dec 11, 2015, 7:39:51 AM
Tried some variations for HC and wasn't satisfied so i went with a non-chaos Dual-Spark build..

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8pfYTZtdqJpaUnvDSshuqj8nZIS18ipNBqA1kkfi-b3-j9i9IuJN4_4KpDmmV_JFtz464YPMPC3GroNfC2EQzAxfxPavbP6HHKevp2jyeyBTpRzO8B_4kytQogANzeFzBLP-VJo7wGbtPIKb1abkIhpsna426ffBpwjliySqj0br7hvxFm-boZrghTJ8g37H-tLjavfXRZ2nlGaerJhTUl5dcg9Y5TpYEQ_R_VnzcYUqE1XGfq9MLRo4zLdaK4PbjRkUsJBV1XWj8uASgh4nL7FC2V_bC_Tp2rndjDaJRtdnvcHzlSBrF7zqwFQI9GpDhEhca8Nt

I might try a HC-version of your build later in the league because the concept is still very interesting..

Thoughts on the tree are still appreciated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info