anyone else play grim dawn?

I'm in almost same boat, Bars. But I didn't really have time to get bored with it, though it didn't take me long to see what you mean about the builds vs. PoE. I bought it, a week later came Ascendancy, and I ain't been in it since!
Censored.
Yes, nice to have a game to fall back on if nothing else if internet is acting up (thankfully since I moved this hasn't been the issue it was). But yes, no desync is nice!

I will definitely be going back to it, just don't know when.
Censored.
Started from scratch,hadn't played since long before release and I'm pleasantly surprised how vastly improved the game is in every aspect of design since then,Crate has done a great job on Grim Dawn.

Character progression is smooth,campaign progression is smooth,multiplayer seems to have most of the bugs sorted out,item design is interesting as a whole for theory crafting .. it's been an enjoyable experience overall.The only negative for myself is the post-apocalyptic Victorian campaign setting,it's a personal taste thing though and in no way reflects on the quality of the game.

Currently playing a level 38 conjurer (mostly solo)and a slew of lower level characters that I play multiplayer with friends on occasion.

You can hit me up for a friend request if you're ever looking for company on your travels Aussie evening time.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Darkelf_Temper/

Cheers.

Last edited by Temper on Apr 13, 2016, 2:24:50 AM
Yes it did! Along with quotes from Elizabethan England which was hilariously anachronistic in the Greek setting but nevertheless worked. Only in video games! LOL
Censored.
The biggest problem I have with this game is the crafting. I don't think blueprints should be random drops (if you've been playing for 1000 hours, this stops being a problem) and the drop rates for certain materials is completely dumb. It seems like everyone carries polished emeralds but things with claws only have a chipped claw 1% of the time.

Aside from that, I'm still having a lot of fun.
"
paraspam wrote:
The biggest problem I have with this game is the crafting. I don't think blueprints should be random drops (if you've been playing for 1000 hours, this stops being a problem) and the drop rates for certain materials is completely dumb. It seems like everyone carries polished emeralds but things with claws only have a chipped claw 1% of the time.

Aside from that, I'm still having a lot of fun.

Blacksmiths offer recipes to turn one material into another.
I found that out when I had nothing to offer to Shrines in Elite. simply did not have what they required.
still missing a few, but it's only a matter of time really.

in any case, finally doing well in Elite.
even beat The Death Room and Alkamos The Executioner in Steps Of Torment (and found an awesome legendary and a blueprint for another legendary for my class. great area).
it is finally time to beat the giant tentacle freak blocking my way into Ultimate.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Is there any way to legally play this game without Steam?

IIRC the game was supposed to be steam-free when released, but on the buy page I'm still seeing only Steam related versions...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Is there any way to legally play this game without Steam?

IIRC the game was supposed to be steam-free when released, but on the buy page I'm still seeing only Steam related versions...

https://www.gog.com/game/grim_dawn

Grim Dawn popped up in gog around the middle of March around the same time I got my DRM-free version with my Loyalists goodies.

Grim Misadventure #95: Secrets of the Three

Zantai just made this thread about a few hours ago on the new Grim Misadventures. Modding tools is right around the corner along with the new free content. Not sure if both will be released in the same patch though.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 18, 2016, 1:56:45 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
https://www.gog.com/game/grim_dawn

Grim Dawn popped up in gog around the middle of March around the same time I got my DRM-free version with my Loyalists goodies.

Thanks, bought it! :)

I'm gonna check it later the evening...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I tried very hard on multiple occasions to get into this game.

I've concluded that it has absolutely no charm outside of the art style.

The fights are boring, the particle effects are out of place and intrusive and your character always feels weak and sluggish. Combat feels like a chore instead of actually being fun. You are always kiting something and double backing.... just not fun overall imo.

The endgame and item system looks great but unfortunately the game just does not give me any reason to want to keep playing it to get to that point. It's very well made but misses the mark with engaging the player and keeping them interested. Maybe if the engine wasn't so dated it feel much better to play.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info