anyone else play grim dawn?

"
Alea wrote:
Actually im playing arcanist level 45 yet but i have a problem: im not sure how i have to distribute my attributes: yet i have 24 level invested in Spirit & 21 in physical

I read somewhere people claiming going full spirit some others sayin 1:1 and anothers saying 2:1 (phy:spi)

If anyone have some advices about it answer me pls

Honestly you just want spirit/cunning enough to equip your stuff - and some builds that do lack endgame mana regen like aether ray sometimes stack some spirit for regen.

All in all i would advice to approach it like d2 character building - other stats just enough for your end planned items and the rest into physique for health, unless you don't have issues surviving. The other stats a quite a bit more powerful than in D2 as far as i remember though, so some sort of mix like 2:1 physique spirit would probably not be a bad idea.

For example spending every single point in physique will give you 1740 extra base health, whereas spending that on spirit will give you 278% spell damage(before your spirit increased %). This is ofc in addition to other less prominant bonuses offered by those base stats.

If you run pure arcanist ish type build i guess you run aether ray/devastation and maybe skyshard? In that case it can be hard getting hp i would advice stack that physique up, especially if it is one of your first characters. Later you can build more optimized/perfect chars if you want. Says i lol... i did 1:1 on my arcanist for mana regen/power. Hehe.. It just really sucks spending days and days to do all difficulties only to find you are too squishy in the end. Rather go safe on earlier chars.

Currently i am doing a warlock(occultist/arcanist) and i put 100% of my points into physique, need that hp i'll get like 7500 hp but with possession/maiven's sphere. If i removed over 2k hp from physique i would be on oneshot area for nasty packs, i'd prefer to have around 9k hp then i'd feel like a god. On the other hand if i had put it all on spirit maybe i would get 30-40% more damage when geared etc, which is also quite significant.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 30, 2016, 2:40:41 AM
I enjoyed it. Played for about a month. But, it is far inferior to POE IMO. At least in terms of end game experience.
"
No level randomization?? If this is true, then I dont want to play GD.

You're not missing much
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
No level randomization?? If this is true, then I dont want to play GD.

You're not missing much

More than you're missing in poe if you've ever played 1-2k hours.

Tons and tons of builds and items and characterization to experiment with.

Oldschool feel.

I was debating this many times with a friend and while we agree it's far less endgame, or maybe more accurately, it takes far less time to reach the bis level in grim dawn, but that doesn't actually matter when you realize you could still dump thousands of hours in the game - difference is in grim dawn you get rewarded for your time whereas in poe you are starved. PoE is damn near korean levels no kidding.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I played it off n on since alpha so like, 3 years give or take?

I wanted to love it, I really did. But it sucks. Sorry.

Animations are jarring, the monster designs are weak and uninspired, the uniques are dull and lifeless; I could draw better looking items on an etch a sketch. The limited randomization blows and the same-y feel to every single skill is boring af.

The environments are pretty nice..that's about it.

The characters/npcs faces all look like someone took a dump on them.

I'd play PoE or D3 over GD anyfuckinday
"
TheWretch wrote:
I could draw better looking items on an etch a sketch.

Pics please.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
"
TheWretch wrote:
I could draw better looking items on an etch a sketch.

Pics please.

Spoiler
At the moment this is the best arpg out there for me. The visuals, monster designer, character customization, itemization, are top notch. They nailed the combat. Hitting monsters feel so impactful, legs and arms flying around, it just feels so good. Best character customization out there, as you can actually customize your skill tree and active skills without the limitation of items, sockets, colors and other crap. And they even have items and craftables that can give new skills. Or use Devotion to add additional effects to your skills.

But it doesnt mean the game is perfect. The biggest two problems I have is lacking end game compared to other arpg games like D3, TL2 and PoE, and also very little randomization of areas.

But what they did for their first release as CREATE is mind blowing. Cant wait to see what all they can do with new content and expansion after they get well earn money from players, as the game is selling very good, and the reception of the critics and players is excellent.

This is the closes game to d2, from gameplay and overall feel (they even have one of original d2 devs working on the game).
Last edited by miljan on Apr 7, 2016, 4:29:23 PM
You didn't even do that. That doesn't count post actual one you've done until then your own opinions are null in my opinion.

And Grim Dawn is pretty great for a small team of people who developed it. There's still a planned Expansion Pack for it.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
You didn't even do that. That doesn't count post actual one you've done until then your own opinions are null in my opinion.

And Grim Dawn is pretty great for a small team of people who developed it. There's still a planned Expansion Pack for it.

Oh geez some rando on the internet doesn't think my opinion is valid?!

Shit, pour me a bath and break out the red wine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info