anyone else play grim dawn?

"
I'm so close to clicking the buy button that I CANNOT STAND IT!

Definitely.

A friend of mine bought it, and his first impression is this is like Titan Quest only bigger, better, with more secrets, more side quests & NPCs, more crafting, more char customization...

Ah hell I'm going to click it :)

I want this + the POE Skill Tree and gem combos.
Would be perfection.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Between PoE and GD there's really no need to play any other traditional ARPG. And though GD doesn't quite have the same breadth of character builds as PoE, I would -- unfortunately -- readily bet that it'll always be the more rewarding of the two to play.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Feb 27, 2016, 5:39:24 PM
Finally got my hands on my DRM-Free Grim Dawn copy (from GOG). I just need to wait out for in-game goodies from the loyalist edition which might come by the end of the week via DLC codes in GOG or Steam (those that decided to stick around with Grim Dawn on steam). I had my steam key revoked, so I can get the GoG version, and just redeemed it before dinner time. :)

Missed out in posting the last two Grim Misadventures (the latest coming out this past Monday), but it has been all on modding tools.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Just to say i got this game and i LOVE it.

-The rare-magic items drops are all awesome with really nice mods on them and you can really play it without needing to grind ours to create a working build.Like after playing poe I was so happy to find shit items with "bleed" or "poison" on them without having to craft them haha. It change from the boring phy-life-res poe mods drop

Creating items is great experience and I enjoy adding those ingredients to weapons.
Definitively about itemization GD is WAY better than poe right now.

-I LOVE the fact you can break shit around when you use aoe skills. I really love the interaction on the world. Shit explode everywhere, house parts break...nice nice.

-I LOVE I can see the damage text when I shot monsters, I mean If there is something I also miss in poe this is it. I also like the ragdoll effect when I kill mods

-Story is nice and music is very Diablo 1-like

What I don t like:

- no unarmed viable :(
- No random generated levels (when you die and start over it is kind of boring to see the same place over and over. So don t die too often lol).
- no public pvp :(

I give it a 8/10.

If only Crate would have made an online mod option with pvp and random levels, this game would have been on top of poe. For now it is just a great offline game.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 23, 2016, 8:52:25 PM
Dropped game after 1 hour. Game engine look horrible to me :/ Animations look worse than TQ + sometime my warrior can hit enemies few meters away, this look really cheap in 2016. Sure i will try more, but first impression was... meh.
Playing grim dawn right now!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Yes, I've played it quite a bit actually after it came out. Recently got back into it a couple of months ago and I really like what they have done with those points you can put into those constellations, or whatever they are. It's a good game.
Elite Difficulty is kicking my ass... and I love it !!!

Note to self: never try this game in HC. Holy crap DoT and big things hitting hard.
Spoiler
yep I'll definitely try HC :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
VictorDoom wrote:
gonna be really hard to lose interst in this one i think considering all the class combos you can do

RoS is just like 2-3 builds for each class, everyone using the same items, i got bored of it very fast

Yeah, same here. Got tired of seeing everyone play Unhallowed Essence, even though that is the most awesome build that ever came out of that game, but hey what can you do when you have a dev team with pretty much zero creativity? I still visit the Battle.net forums every now and then to see if they're doing anything new, but it's pretty much the same as it's always been. Half the D3 community has more creativity in their assholes than the current Blizzard team has in their whole body. If they'd listen to the community once in a while, they'd have an amazing game.

The real bummer of it all is that much of my clan flat out refuses to play PoE. They don't like the style, and I flat out refuse to play Diablo3 because it's been such a major borefest. :(
Last edited by MimSiE on Mar 27, 2016, 10:48:03 PM
No level randomization?? If this is true, then I dont want to play GD.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info