Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

lmao GGG are you kidding me HAHHAHAHAAHaHh
R.I.P 4.B.
This won't change much imho, maybe now a few players will corrupt carto boxes that's all...

It would've been better to add a "map has a corrupted area" or similar mod to the map pool.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
mark1030 wrote:
Hope they increase the drop rate of vaal orbs then. Or let us turn in all corrupted items for the chaos recipe to get a vaal orb instead.

splendid idea. as it is currently, i find more exalteds than vaal orbs.
edit: not really but nearly :). and yes, one could farm fragments for the vaal orb recipe, but the full gear recipe would be a nice addition.

and i would have liked to know if you want to fight these exploits even if that means for te client to always load certain assets if he uses them or not.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 10, 2014, 4:16:38 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
The Sun circles around the Earth, right guys?

@GGG: Keep it up guys. I am here to play the Game you would want to play. And I am enjoying it for 2 years now. Thanks.

by the looks of it in these 2 years you havent seen anything what people are complaining about - it is called end game (or even mid-game)

but.. it somehow.. makes sense. poe endgame is weird to put it mildly.
"
BARL wrote:

What part is confusing you? We want end game content by farming END GAME CONTENT.

but not exclusively, i wouldn't remove the possibility for midgame players to farm corrupted areas and sell fragments to high end players.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
mark1030 wrote:
Hope they increase the drop rate of vaal orbs then.

I also think they drop too less, even now.
"
mark1030 wrote:
Or let us turn in all corrupted items for the chaos recipe to get a vaal orb instead.

Maybe as additional source, but IMHO it would be too expensive.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
because we designed the content to be an alternative end-game activity

You guys have to get over the "alternative end-game activity" and let the side areas spawn in maps. This would solve

...nothing.
When will you all finally get it?!? Its NOT an alternative if you put "all-in-one". 'Alternative' means Either-OR.

GET IT!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Lol, such a fail change.

Reason UNO:

Fragment cost 1 chaos at rampage, vaal orb cost same or more, why spend time and vaal orbs when you can simply BUY fragments? You probably should follow ECONOMY of own game?

Rest:
Vaaling maps add significant difficulty (specially HC) - NOT WORTH IT.
You can vaal 66 maps, but it will take more time and currency comparing to docks spamming - NOT WORTH IT.
In full party its 6 players and 1 possible fragment drop, its barely make any sense, highly inefficient comparing to SOLO, so it does not motivate group play, I though GGG stricly against such things?

This change do nothing, docks still gazilion times more efficient, or simply buy frags if you rich.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
BARL wrote:

A small band-aid that does little to nothing to alleviate the poor design decision of having to farm LOW LEVEL CONTENT for access to END GAME ACTIVITIES.
Go back to the drawing board. Read the hundreds of feedback posts on this, because you guys are still lost on this one.

Oh come on. It's an improvement, even if it's not as great as you would like. And I do think collecting and trading off vaal fragments is a fair way to give medium lvl players something to trade.

So: Thank you, GGG, for improving things!

"
boof wrote:

Could've hit two birds with one stone here. Make the mission area bosses/creatures have a chance to drop fragments. A bit arbitrary as far as lore, but solid from a game design point of view.

That is a great idea! I'd like to see that. The only reason I bother with an Elreon in a map these days is because I can give it to others on channel 820. With this suggestion, I'd do them for my own fun as well.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
The fact that even the vendor needs us to go through 8 corrupted zones to get a vaal orb says enough about the return rate of using vaal orbs on maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info