[1.3] Purple Rain; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build (w/ budget version!)

Giving this build a try. Needed to level some characters in Warbands so I can get the 3x 82 Challenge, this build seemed relatively cheap as I already had a Voltaxic. Bought a Tabula today and was off to the races. To minimize costs while still keeping it effective I went the Blood Magic route, reserving all of my mana with Wrath and double Herald.

Link for the main attach is TS-GMP-FA-BM-LGOH-WED. Elreon Rings early on are helpful, just used a Storm Cloud on a 4L, and went to the full 6L in Tabula when I had a good amount of life. Could probably stay on the Storm Cloud train into some of the earlier maps too I feel like. Using 2 Static Electricity Jewels and a bunch of 3-6 Chaos level gear. Feels guuuud.

As a bonus, my Voltaxic Rift has the anti-rolls, lowest Lightning Damage and Attack Speed :)

/e

After 1 Day (had Voltaxic and bought Tabula, all other gear is in the 1-5c Range outside of the Quiver)

Spoiler

Got 6s on the Voltaxic in about 70 Jeweller. Hit it with a Divine for a better Lightning Roll.

Doing 7K DPS with an incomplete tree, Level 16 Gems, and 6 Frenzy Charges. 5 Points away from ccompleting Breathe of Lightning and Heart of Thunder wheels. Not sure how high I will go with this in terms of maps, my second character in Warbands so all I'm interested in is the Level 82. But this so far plays so much more smoothly than my Witch that I might stick with it.

/e2

Level 73 now, 36 hours after character creation. Dropped the Tabula and went back to a 5L, was a little too squishy for my liking. Picked up Thunderfist and swapped around gear a little bit. Also switched up the main skill since without Faster Attacks I can't take advantage of all the elemental damage as much. So currently SA-FA-WED-BM-LGOH. ~15.5K DPS.

Spoiler
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 9, 2015, 11:44:36 PM
While the big upside of this build is you dont need to worry about reflect ever, the very big downside of this is: you can not lower the enemy's chaos resistance and your damage is pure chaos. There is simply no such skill in game that lower the enemy's res.

All bow builds with chain and split arrow can clear screen of trash packs very easily that is no problem for any builds. Now what is really lack luster of our purple rain here is, single target with chaos resistance, ie, all late game map bosses.

With chaos res you can not shock boss reliably, even if you do the duration is so short it is not even noticeable. I have 55k dps pure chaos on my 6L frenzy, still feeling really slow against single target high chaos res boss. And I have basically no idea how to improve this.

Currently leveling, hoping by getting shock duration and shock chance on my jewel slots might make things better. But basically it is worse than even pure lightning damage since the existence of lightning penetration gem.

My gear
Yeah, sadly I thought with Thornflesh it would be a build to analyze further...

But as it stands, this is my Dried Lake farmer :^)

One more weekend of play and it'll be off to Tempest to try something else.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 12, 2015, 11:39:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info