Path of Exile now accepts Karma Koin!

I was able to order via email delivery from NewEgg, at least a site I recognized:

NewEgg Karma Koin

I received the card via email in under 5 minutes.

/rant: I purchased every supporter pack round you have put out and the biggest ones for the last few. I have to say this is really annoying to have to go to additional third parties for some card I would never use again.
"
/rant: I purchased every supporter pack round you have put out and the biggest ones for the last few. I have to say this is really annoying to have to go to additional third parties for some card I would never use again.

Just thought I would add this tidbit that was in Chris' original post regarding this whole Karma Koin promotion: "Path of Exile now provides Karma Koin as a payment method for players without a credit card" -- in other words, for those of us already using our credit cards or Paypal to buy microtransaction points, yeah this would seem kind of an out-of-the-way, hassle of a method just to buy point packs. This is primarily to help those players who don't have a credit card or a Paypal to use - they can just hop over to the nearest Walgreens and physically buy a card (it's like a gift card that you charge an amount onto when you pay at the cash register). GGG are probably being smart by throwing in the portal effect if you use Karma Koin, so it attracts both non-credit card users and credit card users alike.

On that note, my bf brought home a Karma Koin card for me and yay I got one too! :D

Last edited by snowpeach on Oct 28, 2014, 6:13:00 PM
Nice to have yet another way of payment for POE points. As others have noted this would be a good for gifting points to others. Anyway thanks GGG, got mine and the portal looks great.

Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
Just wanted to let people know who are having troubles buying a code with PCGameSupply, I bought a card off of Newegg.com and it worked. I'm not sure why I was having difficulties with PCGameSupply, it was denying my credit card when I went to buy.
"
DigitalDreams wrote:
Nice to have yet another way of payment for POE points. As others have noted this would be a good for gifting points to others. Anyway thanks GGG, got mine and the portal looks great.

This is why I requested it. All other games I could run guild events and gift thousands of dollars via Karma Koin but for PoE I went to over 20 paysafe retailers and none of them sold paysafe cards (the only retailer that would sell it previously stopped selling).

I am very pleased with how fast GGG pushed this through. Going to be spending $$$ this weekend.

Re: Micro-transaction Purchase Issue: Unable to Purchase‏
Re: Micro-transaction Purchase Issue: Unable to Purchase
Grinding Gear Games
Add to contacts
9/12/14
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: [deleted]
support@grindinggear.com
Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. That's no problem. I have now passed on your suggestion. Please let us know if we can assist you further and we will be happy to help in any way that we can.

Kind regards,
[deleted]

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 6:48 AM, secret secret <[deleted]> wrote:

Yes, please forward the Karma Koin suggestion. Perhaps more people will make purchases if they do not have to deal with the issues with PaySafeCard.

I do not use credit cards for gaming for security reasons. As someone with penetration testing experience, the statement has more weight.

Thank you for following up on the issue.

Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 10:10:43 +1200
Subject: Re: Micro-transaction Purchase Issue: Unable to Purchase
To: [deleted]
omg. This is a hassle, I just want the portal effect.
I live in Sweden so no cards around here, tried newegg but as soon as I should pay for the email-card they were out of stock.

Any ideas?
nice new portal effect

thank you ggg.

http://i.imgur.com/LqugJjv.jpg

http://youtu.be/-302FP-wVXg
Last edited by comote on Oct 29, 2014, 2:53:29 AM
[/quote]
This is primarily to help those players who don't have a credit card or a Paypal to use - they can just hop over to the nearest Walgreens and physically buy a card (it's like a gift card that you charge an amount onto when you pay at the cash register).
[/quote]
Well i don't have credit card and paypal, but these shops aren't in my country also, so still i can't support game since closed beta. LOL
Last edited by romario711 on Oct 29, 2014, 5:29:10 AM
Couple questions, not sure if this is the right to be asking but i hope they don't get buried. I want to upgrade my supporter pack using karma coin cards however as 50$ is the lowest denomination can i use multiple cards for the same purchase? Thanks
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". He's Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Last edited by PhilipOntacos on Oct 29, 2014, 11:29:43 AM
"
Starball wrote:
Hmm I dunno Karma Koin looks like a crytocurrency that is not longlasting.

Either way it doesn't matter if you just use them points straight up.

KK isn't trying to be a currency. The "koins", once redeemed, are no longer able to be traded and are as much of a currency as GGG gold, except for it can be applied to numerous games, mostly those affiliated with Nexon and now Path of Exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info