Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
@Desperation

It could work but you would have to compensate with a lot of resists on other gear pieces or in the worst case scenario go for purity of elements (instead of a Herald probably). Or you can at least craft one on (although you might want to craft something else like flat ev/ES).

And maybe a hybrid life+ES variation could be made. Looking at the new skill tree hybrids could become more popular (many hybrid ES +life/armor/evasion nodes). There have been successful builds like that in the past and it should be a solid option in 1.3

BUT I don't know if you should revolve your build choice around one piece of gear (even if it is a 6L which can get pretty expensive). The armor is has no godly mods so if the ilvl is high enough maybe you can reroll it.

Side note: when I started playing I had a marauder and linked (almost by accident) a dread maul (not even top tier). So I centered my build around the weapon just because it was a 6L but at a certain point I hit a brick wall. My build was not that good and I couldn't progress at all. So I tried out other builds and settled on the ele buzzsaw (and never looked back :D). I hope you get the moral of the story: don't focus on some random drop unless it is really really worth it!
I will rerol armor till i get some good stats on it,also i have resists on my all other gear
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Plus, I hear there will be some changes to existing ones for ex Crit multi will get a nerf :-((

What. Where did you see this. Pls no. Pls. *cries*
@Desperation

In principle it is possible to get away with it (for example I have almost no resists on my gloves and necklace). You need to try it out and see how everything adds up.

@Ark

If it turns out to not be true I promise to hand you back every tear you dropped (... erm... sounded kinda... well never mind). And I don't remember where I heard it but at the time it made a lot of sense (seeing all the nerfs on the tree). We'll see.
Increased Critical Strikes now starts at 90% critical strike chance, increasing to 147% at gem level 20. It now provides 1% critical strike chance per 1% of quality.

Increased Critical Damage now provides 50% critical strike multiplier, up to 69% at gem level 20. It now provides 0.5% critical strike multiplier per 1% of quality.

No comment...
After reading the nerf notes I can only wonder if this is the "another cataclysm" Zana talked about.

And yeah CritDmg didn't get nerfed, it got cut in half (pretty much).

The only remotely positive thing I saw was the retroactive change to godmode gloves. And I'm VERY glad I have decently rolled LCoil, CoD and a Rumi's, since it looks like those will be getting legacy'ed.

Also Goldrim 3D art. That's it though, the rest is depressing.
build its ok for 1.3?
Ok ladies and gentlemen here comes and update:

Since yesterday I have been trying out things. I had a certain skill tree in mind (check my previous posts for clarifications), but here is what I have come up with:

Notice some changes:
-> the emphasis has shifted from the left part of the tree to the right. it is just so damn appealing at the moment.
-> 'Sovereignty' aura cluster is completely missing. Yes I dropped haste for HoT (and use curse on hit for assassin's mark - it works well enough).
-> Vaal pact! because why not? ele reflect in high level maps in a party was beginning to be a pain so this is maybe the best way to deal with it.

Current stats/setup:
-> since increased critical strikes has been buffed (from 125 I believe to 167 at 20/20), I put it instead of power charge on crit. power charges are now generated via HoT - Curse on hit - Assassin's mark (it is not as reliable but it does the job, something like 80-90% uptime if you jump from pack to pack fast enough)
-> close to 23K dps without power charges (28k with). BUT I am running a lvl 14 HoT and a lvl 15 increased critical strikes (both no Q). With lvl 20 and Q I imagine I will be back to 1.2 patch DPS.
-> Life is a bit lower though. Atm I have close to 3.7K HP (with Clarity reserved on mana). Also lost 1% max fire resist, which is not a big deal in most cases but it does piss me off a bit (oh Atziri).

This is what I can say for now. I will update the guide as soon as I can. So stay tuned for more updates and maybe share your progress here as well.

PS: since I have so much int from the tree, I plan on swapping my necklace for one with high crit multi (this will for sure boost my DPS a bunch). It's funny how crit multi was nerfed all around (tree + gem) but still you can get amulets with +70% multi o.O
PSS: Also maligaro's gloves has become a very good option in general since now 50% crit and 35% crit multi is zOMG!
I've lost ~7k deeps with my tree, from 27.5k to 20.4k (with all PC). Dropping haste makes me feel like I'm in a temporal chains map but I guess (I hope) it's a matter of getting used to it. I'll check your tree and see if it's worth blowing the regrets.

I did consider CoH-HoT but what about faster attacks as the new 6th link?
"
Ark20 wrote:
I've lost ~7k deeps with my tree, from 27.5k to 20.4k (with all PC). Dropping haste makes me feel like I'm in a temporal chains map but I guess (I hope) it's a matter of getting used to it. I'll check your tree and see if it's worth blowing the regrets.

I did consider CoH-HoT but what about faster attacks as the new 6th link?

Well when I considered dropping haste I decided to take some extra AS nodes around the tree to compensate( had 'Berserking' cluster, but changed my mind about it). Also, at the moment I don't have faster attacks linked to my whirling blades, so you can imagine how I move -.- (I have to drop faster casting on IC for it... still thinking about it).

Faster attacks is a good option of course. For me though, first of all I don't have another green socket xD and second of all I think it will cause some mana problems (I can barely sustain GMP). But if you took the 'Unrelenting' cluster (unlike me) you should be fine. Still I don't know if I could drop any of crit/crit multi for it (or PCoC if not crit). If you can try it out tell us what you have discovered @.@

PS: Mathil (the guy who originally created the ele buzzsaw) has recently made a crit version. He tested some stuff pre 1.3 (he was runnign blood magic etc.). I got some inspiration from his videos (got Vaal Pact and HoT after seeing how it worked for him). Also he's a fucking pro and managed to run uber atziri with this build. Can't wait to see if he updates his build and here's a link to his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Mathilification
I'll test stuff a bit later (don't have time now, probably not even the regrets for it), but from your previous post I get you are running clarity on mana now? I can't run HoT+HoI+Wrath+Anger on mana. 610 mana pool for the record, and my tree has 2% more reduced mana reserved. I'm missing something here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info