Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

"
Ark20 wrote:
I'll test stuff a bit later (don't have time now, probably not even the regrets for it), but from your previous post I get you are running clarity on mana now? I can't run HoT+HoI+Wrath+Anger on mana. 610 mana pool for the record, and my tree has 2% more reduced mana reserved. I'm missing something here.

I have exactly 20% reduced mana reservation from the tree. My mana pool is 636 and after Wrath, Anger, HoI and HoT I am left with 76 mana. And my clarity is on life of course. What could be wrong? Maybe you can link your current tree to solve this mystery :)
Problem solved then, I just thought this:

"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
-> Life is a bit lower though. Atm I have close to 3.7K HP (with Clarity reserved on mana).

meant you decided to run everything on mana. Yeah doesn't make sense, we'd need much more -mana res or a bigger mana pool.

Anyway, my head is going to explode. I tried to find an intermediate point between the tree you just posted and my current (hello). Thing is, if I try to keep Unrelenting then I should probably just stick to the left side of the tree and even Sovereignity. Dropping all that side except Unrelenting looks really unefficient to me: 8 points from the scion life wheel path, that we all agree is a must by now.

On the other hand your tree gets +% accuracy and +8% attack speed more that comes exclusively from Finesse at ranger area. Now, I have no clue on how to value those things so *shrug*. The rest of the stats from the tree seem very similar to me (dropping skill duration for life in my case though), in fact you miss the Celestial Punishment that I find well worth taking if I'm in that area anyway. I'll probably drop Celestial Judgement, that looks way weaker.

Edit, more stuff tested/estimated: if I could drop PCOC for (19/20 now) FA I'd jump back to my 1.2 deeps. That means I need to drop vaal haste and 4 off colour my maligaro's RBBB. Or RRRR (CWDT setup) and get new boots, but that'll cost about the same.
Last edited by Ark20 on Dec 13, 2014, 3:45:03 PM
Hi, I like very much ur build... I want try with 1.3 update. Can I have a new passive tree skills? Thanks !
IGN: iSteven_K
@4Karbon

Thank you for the appreciation. At the moment I (actually we :P) are working to see which tree is actually the best. As I wrote at the beginning of the guide, there are still a couple of tests and comparisons to be done but don't worry, I will update it as soon as I can!

@Ark20

My mind is also kind of blowing up at the moment. After looking at your tree (at some point I had similar ideas) I can't find anything wrong with it. In fact, I might regress (or progress rather) to something like that. I am very satisfied with my tree at the moment but there is a problem: I can't run wrath + anger + 2x purities. For me Atziri is a big deal and that's quite important.

Also, after a couple of test, I am convinced that vaal pact is the way to go. It's a must actually! Pff decisions decisions...
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
@4Karbon

Thank you for the appreciation. At the moment I (actually we :P) are working to see which tree is actually the best. As I wrote at the beginning of the guide, there are still a couple of tests and comparisons to be done but don't worry, I will update it as soon as I can!

@Ark20

My mind is also kind of blowing up at the moment. After looking at your tree (at some point I had similar ideas) I can't find anything wrong with it. In fact, I might regress (or progress rather) to something like that. I am very satisfied with my tree at the moment but there is a problem: I can't run wrath + anger + 2x purities. For me Atziri is a big deal and that's quite important.

Also, after a couple of test, I am convinced that vaal pact is the way to go. It's a must actually! Pff decisions decisions...

Thx for quick answer m8!
Is it okay if I try the tree passive skills that you put in your first post? Or with the new update have changed something?
IGN: iSteven_K
@4Karbon

If you are very eager to start I don't blame you. So here's what my final tree will be:

Short explanation and discussion:

-> dropped ballistic mastery (oh noes! :-O) since the storm call from herald of thunder doesn't reach that far (still undecided though, might respec later)
-> from 'Discipline and training' went into retribution (if anything at least 5% AS is useful! ~ also 10 int) then into Acc+As and 'Pecision' for extra goodies! (I think also some extra DEX is a must).

Overall should be the same damage output and sustain (if not better with regard to mana management), Vall Pact is kept (just try it please, you won't regret!) and the mana reserve should be enough for Wrath + Anger + 2x Purities (the swap for Atziri). It also should be enough to house haste instead of HoI in standard setup (have to test the effect though).

I think by tomorrow I can give a green light to this version and update the guide!

PS: Good luck to everyone who wants to try this build in the new leagues!
Aaaaaalright. I think I'm almost done. Just spent ~3ex on a 4off colour Maligaros and that was most likely my cheapest alternative, sad times. About the tree, I haven't changed anything. I have nothing against Vaal Pact, in fact I'd like to try it since I've never had that chance, but I'm short on points. I'm willing to drop 2 pts (celestial judgement) but I'd have to drop a life node too. I might, I might not. Reflect isn't an issue for me unless I'm blind and don't pop my Rumi's in time.

My gear for future reference:

Way too much baggage

You'll notice an empty socket on my dagger. Vaal Haste? Self cast Assassin's Mark? I've been using ele weakness but yeah, that'll override (and be overriden by) HoT-CoH so nope. I'm guessing VHaste wins but I honestly rarely remember to use it in my usual mid-level map routine. Any other good option?
Update: with the new tree (1.3 v. 9K+ :D) I have just about 4.1K unreserved HP which puts me just about where I was before the patch.

Auras and testing: I can run Wrath + Anger + Haste + 1xHerald (thunder) + Clarity(on life), but I run into mana problems (too little to spam, the problem is not mana regen). So for me the best is to swap Haste for HoI and not think about it (DPS is roughly the same and we have added benefits etc.), but I don't know for you guys running on evasion (Grace would be very cool instead of Haste but... the mana problems!). Also, I can run Wrath + Anger + 2x Purities with slight mana problems (damn them!).

The conclusion is the best setup atm is Wrath + Anger + 2 Heralds, which leaves a big redundancy in mana reservation. I think I can cut 3 points of mana reserved and still get away with it. Here's a sample:

We lose:
12% mana reserved, 6% aura effect, 10 int, 10% proj damage

We gain:
40 dex, 32% accuracy, 10% life, 40% crit

And overall the same auras are used. If you want to have just 1 setup good for everything this is what I recommend.
Skilltree is broken for me, can you update it?
"
Fruub wrote:
Skilltree is broken for me, can you update it?

It should be broken for everyone :) As soon as I have a final result I will post it.

Short update: after min/maxing my mana reserved, I now have 4.2K life unreserved (highest ever for this char :D) and a bit more than 21.5K dps (26.5 with power charges). After leveling my gems + adding some quality + adjusting my gear a little bit I think 25K / 30K with charges is within my grasp. So the build is pretty much the same as in 1.2 (if not slightly better).

Note: I think I will have to restructure the entire guide though. And I will place the evasion variant and EC+IC combo variant side by side. Any last remarks before I release my previous tree as the official one? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info