Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Well, all things considered this is what I can come up with:

Life and sustain look pretty much the same as before, although different nodes were taken. Crit looks still pretty high although the crit multi is laking a bit. All in all it might work just as well.

The extra int will probably help me find other options on the gear department. Maybe I could swap my neck for one with less life and more crit. We will see how it goes :)
Now that looks awesome build i like it,my evasion version,any coments will be apreciated:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAGDy9J5M6CGf56MT2PC3Grrc-QYf-VA3NK1Aczj0PkFUnL8AaGjj60maegKRV1mTnFy8ksEKjgwlgQ249A5Y7KBqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOspKb57EopcGLYNh4iaVFr8Pq1M1VUu1SHBSKgvz6ti9_godquGIRnGCxxB_DH3Gnm1sRwZjQ_LhL2_ZE3C77BiP-n3jLOGsZrk-2HYDHh9BnKR3B4cTkBsRlg5IcFaaE9vU42oWb4w2rKpyqVnzcNVd8onTBx7w1ZUuSVGFfRZAUUysR31bKk0_J0rI
Last edited by Desperation on Dec 10, 2014, 11:08:45 PM
Depending on how much mana regen you already have on gear (and how much the 'Unrelenting' cluster will help out) I would suggest linking 'Reflexes' -> 'Sentinel' -> 'Constitution'. This way you can save 1 point by using just one exit from scion start (instead of 2).

Here's an example of what I mean:

As you can see, it is your tree with 1 less point basically. Alternatively you could go for the attack speed route. But higher attack speed implies more mana constraints while proj dmg simply increases the DPS (if slightly) while keeping the mana consumption the same.

And if you feel you want to be more on the safe side, you can always take the 2 points from the power charge in the left part of the tree and invest them into 'Heart of the Oak' (just south of 'Ballistic Mastery'). You probably will not regret it :)

Hope it helps!
Full patch notes in 8+ hours. Let's hope there's no more "balancing" waiting for us there. You know I mean neeeerf.

Also @SFX on your last tree you've posted you take a +10Dex instead of +10% proj dmg at shadow area. Is that an oversight? If not, I don't understand the reasoning behind that choice.
@Ark

Totally an oversight. I had the tree going towards 'Depth Perception' and 'Blood Drinker' but I am happier with the newer version. Just in case, let me put a link:

And here's a version for evasion based:

I must admit I am actually a bit excited to see how things turn out. Yes crit builds got nerfed in general but I think the tree is even sexier than before. And thank you for the observation Ark! I love it when we help each other find a more and more optimal path!
I admit i am still tempted from other build and near physical immunity,what armor should i have for it? Found
few days ago,droped from box with "fully linked" mode on it,had 2 6l one is this.Do i have to take some other 6l or this 1 will works,yea its ev/es but still.
@Desperation

It could work but you would have to compensate with a lot of resists on other gear pieces or in the worst case scenario go for purity of elements (instead of a Herald probably). Or you can at least craft one on (although you might want to craft something else like flat ev/ES).

And maybe a hybrid life+ES variation could be made. Looking at the new skill tree hybrids could become more popular (many hybrid ES +life/armor/evasion nodes). There have been successful builds like that in the past and it should be a solid option in 1.3

BUT I don't know if you should revolve your build choice around one piece of gear (even if it is a 6L which can get pretty expensive). The armor is has no godly mods so if the ilvl is high enough maybe you can reroll it.

Side note: when I started playing I had a marauder and linked (almost by accident) a dread maul (not even top tier). So I centered my build around the weapon just because it was a 6L but at a certain point I hit a brick wall. My build was not that good and I couldn't progress at all. So I tried out other builds and settled on the ele buzzsaw (and never looked back :D). I hope you get the moral of the story: don't focus on some random drop unless it is really really worth it!
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
I must admit I am actually a bit excited to see how things turn out. Yes crit builds got nerfed in general but I think the tree is even sexier than before. And thank you for the observation Ark! I love it when we help each other find a more and more optimal path!

I'm not that hyped, I still can't make my mind between keeping haste or swapping it for HoT. I guess I'll do a comparison to see what do I win/lose in each case, but it's hard to estimate dps changes. In the end I'll probably have to spend some regrets.

For future reference, can you tell me your current LMP dps with power charges (and auras ofc). Depending on how it evolves in 1.3 I might get an idea on what can I expect, IF I do spec into a different tree myself first.
@Ark

I like keeping haste for 3 reasons:
#1. DPS boost - no brainer
#2. utility of higher MS and AS makes everything just faster! It sounds stupid but shooting faster means not just more DPS but also more effectiveness (you can shoot 2 volleys and jump away faster!)
#3. I can actually see the difference in cast speed with regard to EC+IC. It doesn't just make it smoother but the difference might have saved me a couple of times (since reaction time is key with this combo).

I guess #3. is not really relevant for you so maybe HoT is better in your choice (put the aura points to good use though!).
@Ark

Oh and DPS is about 32K atm with power charges (LMP).
Also, I am eager to see what new skills they will introduce. Maybe there is something useful there as well. Plus, I hear there will be some changes to existing ones for ex Crit multi will get a nerf :-((

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info