Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

"
lolmaster4561 wrote:
Im planing to do this build after 1.3 patch.
Maybe ill drop haste and run purity of lightning or purity of elements with lightning coil.
wouldnt it be better to drop powercharge on crit for additional accuracy/lmp swap and gain charges with assassines mark?

my theorytree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCUZxb560DMpKkyfqusM6HNzviA18m7V_xvk3V8ki6hmKEZbBxdfPKPohA_sJDkgHHpAb7BhJsevugsdLxPbaXfLjhGNDlS53_XBWcLu4k5rg-egMfWXxGo9w1cCc8NXb1JoT2RMy0UWdEH_QCYnTpzRJUS9vRUdTUsaeLVVwUsBm6f4EswV9ogDhc_Af7SBX4oKbd-XsODKJJy-QVRo4wBpxhVnzVynzEayqRtexQnKp9zKSfdwjmG89PuXPZp760hcvZOdV1oCkJLBCoxZv42okqjbpKU-FfQ==

Feedbackerino:
>You've dropped all projectile speed in that tree, you ST will be too short ranged that way. Proj speed gem is a thing, but I don't think thats good for this build.

>109% increased max life with 113 points (level 96) doesn't sound like enough. I know it's not for me.

>You take a melee crit cluster next to Resolute Technique. That (sadly) won't apply to ST since we are not melee. We use a melee weapon and so "with melee weapons" nodes apply, but not actual melee nodes.

>You forgot the aura cluster right next to scion start (4% mana res). If you don't want the same mana reserved/auras than we run in 1.2 you should still drop the aura cluster on top of shadow for this scion one. For haste+wrath+anger+herald you'll need both clusters.

>On the same topic, dropping haste for a purity (definitely PoL if using a Lightning Coil) most probably allows you to drop 4% mana res from the 1.2 tree value.

>About the gems, LMP should be in your main setup, with a faster attacks swap for single target fights. Yes you can drop PCOC and get charges cursing but sounds tedious. Herald of Thunder with curse on hit-assassins mark would be something to consider. Either way that pretty much means no power charges for boss fights unless there's enough adds to kill.
Double post because potato:

This is my early-provisional draft for 1.3. It implies dropping Haste for HoT because achieving the same amount of -mana res as in 1.2 is painful. Most of the scion's life wheel is required to get a comfortable life pool (145% at level 91, I'm at 144% at 90 in 1.2). I drop 40% mana regen from Quick Recovery but get 20% back from a notable at shadow's area. That shouldn't be an issue, since I'd drop haste anyway.

Edit: heavily inspired by Mathil's ele crit ST shadow.

More edits: forgot to mention I get comparable tooltip DPS right now with a level 18 no quality HoT and with a level 20+2 Haste. The movespeed loss makes me a bit sad though.

Edit #839.5: after actually comparing the tree above to my current 1.2 I figured I'd post the bigest differences. Format is [1.2 value] --> [1.3 value]:

Open me!
Ele DMG: +20% --> 86%
WED: +40% --> +44%
Chance to shock/ignite/freeze: 0% --> 10% (kinda useless since we're crit)
Increased dmg vs shocked/ignited/frozen enemies: 0% --> 30% (this stacks with the normal shock effect)
Dmg penetrates elemental resistaces: 0% --> 2%
AS with melee weapons: 17% --> 0%, that cluster disappeared
Increased aura effect: 46% --> 28%
Reduced mana reserved: 34% --> 22% (haste --> HoT)
Total +%crit chance: 480% --> 395+50% (see below)
Power charges from tree: +0 --> +1
Total +%crit mult: 105% --> 98%

Edit #1734: optimized the tree a bit more, dropped mana res for aura effect. Should still have plenty mana unreserved doing the haste->HoT swap. Saved 2 points, tree is now for a level 89 scion. Updated the spoiler above accordingly too.
Last edited by Ark20 on Dec 8, 2014, 9:20:26 PM
Hello everyone and sorry for my inactivity of late. Real life kicked me in the groin since I moved in to a new apartment and I don't have internet yet. But soon enough I will have everything installed and join you in the pain (?) of finding a good tree for 1.3. I will get back to everyone as soon as I can!
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Hello everyone and sorry for my inactivity of late. Real life kicked me in the groin since I moved in to a new apartment and I don't have internet yet. But soon enough I will have everything installed and join you in the pain (?) of finding a good tree for 1.3. I will get back to everyone as soon as I can!

Happy to hear news from you Exile, If everything goes okay i hope you join as soon as possible in our party against Hordes of Wreclast :)
Last edited by Desperation on Dec 9, 2014, 9:04:39 AM
As promised, I will share my thoughts on the 1.3 tree since I have internet now (yay! :D). And here it goes:

It sucks! I haven't studied everything in detail, but at first glance I have the impression that GGG intended to nerf crit builds. I mean attack crit builds, because I also have the impression that spells didn't get nerfed as hard. Nevertheless, here are two options regarding the skill tree at 109 points:

The key thing I would like to hold on to is running the same auras at the same efficient rate (no mana or sustain problems etc.). The biggest question I have to answer before the patch launches is if I should grab the 'Influence' or 'Champion of the Cause' aura clusters (you need one of the two; the other aura clusters are taken as a given because of either proximity to scion start or high value - 'Sovereignty' cluster).

The two are maybe comparable and although they are raw sketches, I lean towards the second one because of higher life pool. Tell me what you think!
"
Ark20 wrote:

Just as I released my previous post I had maybe a better idea: it's a hybrid of my previous two options and it might just be the strongest yet!

Some notes:

-> Going into the 'Catalyze' + 'Discipline and Training' is not so tempting anymore.
-> 'Unrelenting' looks like the most awesome addition to the tree for us.
-> Power charges are more rewarding since the rest of the crit nodes on the tree got nerfed.

I will keep you posted!

PS: This tree looks like it has almost the same crit as the old one o.O
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
"
Ark20 wrote:

Just as I released my previous post I had maybe a better idea: it's a hybrid of my previous two options and it might just be the strongest yet!

Some notes:

-> Going into the 'Catalyze' + 'Discipline and Training' is not so tempting anymore.
-> 'Unrelenting' looks like the most awesome addition to the tree for us.
-> Power charges are more rewarding since the rest of the crit nodes on the tree got nerfed.

I will keep you posted!

PS: This tree looks like it has almost the same crit as the old one o.O

I hope you notice that disemboweling now affect only melee crit :/ and also you didnt take true strike,also why dont you go for night stalker instead of depth perception.I love this Celestial punishment seams catchy since we ignite frost shock all very fas.Elementalist + disciple and training + catalize,why not?Explain me pls :)Can i ask you theory craft me some Lcoil tree pls.Thank you in advance and glad you return:)
Last edited by Desperation on Dec 10, 2014, 2:25:20 PM
"
Desperation wrote:
I hope you notice that disemboweling now affect only melee crit :/ and also you didnt take true strike,also why dont you go for night stalker instead of depth perception.I love this Celestial punishmen and judgement,elementalist + disciple and training + catalize,why not? Explain me pls :)

I just realized 'Disembowelment' is exclusively for melee. This is just fucked up! I admit I am just gutted!

True strike is a nice node, but it was a bit too far for what I have in mind. Now though, we need the extra crit and there aren't that many options out there. Plus depth perception gives some much needed accuracy.

Now about the templar ele corner: celestial punishment and judgement! hmm... cool looking cluster over there. BUT this is my take on things: the 'judgement' node looks nice, but at the moment I don't see the life changing implications (maybe in PvP?). And the 'punishment' node sounds absolutely awesome because in principle we should apply shock, freeze, ignite all the time right? Yes, but the targets we do apply statuses to die pretty quick and many of those who do not die quick cannot have those statuses applied (Atziri for ex - cannot be frozen, chilled, ignited, shocked). As for 'catalyze' etc, I don't know. They are very useful but it seems to me many points are wasted on pathing (+10 str nodes...)

This is another draft for the tree. But clearly it needs more life...
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
I just realized 'Disembowelment' is exclusively for melee. This is just fucked up!

Amen.

I agree that we need the power charges to achieve a similar crit chance, this feels like a fair nerf to me though. Good call on Unrelenting too, added it to my personal draft. I think I've given up on getting the same amount of -mana res, specially since it looks like the Haste->HoT swap will give similar deeps. It saves me 9 points, but I lose 18% +aura effect and attack/movement speed. About Celestial Punishment, I'm not sure on how does it interact with crits (multiplier more precisely) but it sounds really strong to me*. Not so sure about Cel. Judgement though specially since I already run a 20/20 ele weakness for resistant mobs, I might drop it for life.

*Then again, I don't have to take Atziri into consideration since I only kill her sporadically. I can also drop skill duration nodes because of this (and CWDT).

My updated tree for the record:
Poebuilder link
Well, all things considered this is what I can come up with:

Life and sustain look pretty much the same as before, although different nodes were taken. Crit looks still pretty high although the crit multi is laking a bit. All in all it might work just as well.

The extra int will probably help me find other options on the gear department. Maybe I could swap my neck for one with less life and more crit. We will see how it goes :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info