[1.3] ► MJOLNOOB ◄ UBER ATZIRI FARMING - TIPS - ANTI REFLECT - RT or CRIT - SOLARIS or SHAV - MF

Exactly
► Shop ◄ Mirror service • Gear • Maps • Gems • Legacy ■ thread/545555
"
tony_lsy wrote:
"
Funsy wrote:
If you're fine like this, np ;)

If you want to do some tests, i'd suggest you to refund arcane potency points for ele dmg points (shadow).

"
Funsy wrote:
3. for CRIT version, my priority about offensive stats would be:
- crit multi
- crit chance
- spell dmg = ele dmg

I don't know the exact amount of %crit chance to get to maximize DPS. The only thing i'm sure is that if we have too high %crit chance, we'll loose DPS...

This is exactly what I am thinking, refund the arcane potency point and go for the ele dmg which will be 62% increase of ele dmg for 7 skill point. Currently my discharge with rf is about 30k dps (3blue, 3red and 3 green)

I think the loose dps is because of romira's banquet's effect.

Lets say if we get 100% crit chance, we can never get full charge for discharge. that will result a dps loose. Am i correct?

Just switch to 62% ele dmg from arcane potency, my discharge dps with rf increase from 30k to 37k. thats a huge dps gain.

thanks!
Okay, i did not realise how Saffells stacks with Rumi's concoction... but legacy shield will basically cap your spellblock during the flask effect duration which is pretty darn awesome!

I've purchased a Shavronnes ring (more ES and ofc awesome regen) and done some more tweaking (bumping my discipline up to lvl23, will be 25 in not too distant future) and managed to get 5.4k ES out of the cheap build with saffells and 6.9k with my crafty rare ES shield. Ive been very unlucky crafting boots and gloves so im still running voidbringer/warpath but its actually not bad. Slowly but surely this build is coming together more and more for me ;)

Little bit more tweaking and spending little bits n bobs here and there and i might be ready to start saving up for shavronnes chest XD
"
Mian_Scaratan wrote:
Okay, i did not realise how Saffells stacks with Rumi's concoction... but legacy shield will basically cap your spellblock during the flask effect duration which is pretty darn awesome!

I've purchased a Shavronnes ring (more ES and ofc awesome regen) and done some more tweaking (bumping my discipline up to lvl23, will be 25 in not too distant future) and managed to get 5.4k ES out of the cheap build with saffells and 6.9k with my crafty rare ES shield. Ive been very unlucky crafting boots and gloves so im still running voidbringer/warpath but its actually not bad. Slowly but surely this build is coming together more and more for me ;)

Little bit more tweaking and spending little bits n bobs here and there and i might be ready to start saving up for shavronnes chest XD

U should get to max Spell block with nonlegacy saffel+rumi, theres no actually need of legacy saffel. And as i mention other times i only use saffel for Uber atziri or atziri (just last boss), the rest of the time im running with

because of the spell block, spell damage and of course u can block normal attack (37% block for physical)

How u doing with voidbringer mana cost? whats ur hp? 21/20 lgoh?
Both my regular saffells and rumi are pretty lousy so with those I'm not capping spell resist but I plan to get a legacy one for the max resist anyway so that should fix that if I want/need it. And I know I don't need cap spellblock always and everywhere but it's nice to have the option.

Voidbringer is OK mana-wise, I have just over 220 life free and attack is just over 50iirc with LoH topping off life on every hit. The only problem occurs when I desync and attack air for a second... But life flask fixes that easy enough. My blood rage is quite heavy on mana because I hooked it up to q blood rage for the increased attack speed so that is also a bit iffy but since I don't have to cast that too often it really a non issue.
Last edited by Mian_Scaratan on Nov 8, 2014, 6:12:54 AM
Planning on switching over to this build when GGG does the next passive reset. Anything new?
"
Brimba wrote:
Planning on switching over to this build when GGG does the next passive reset. Anything new?

Yes, maybe something new about Mjölner mechanics (socketed casting spell order/priority):
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/1104996

After i get an official answer from GGG, or after serious testings, i'll update the OP.
It only makes sense that spells are procced one after another as having stuff happen simultaneous is pretty much impossible (imagine 2 discharges, which one would use up the charges?), and since it has to be sequential it makes sense to have them follow a mechanic that already exists. I have actually noticed the same thing happening on the order spells are socketed in mjolner and i feel that the order is like you think it is; the same as with CwdT: Top left - top right - bottom right. Since you want arc to proc before discharge (shocking and granting you power charges) i guess you need to socket that first.

Official dev statement would be nice but GGG isnt all that open about behind-the-scenes game mechanics. The fact that you have to go to a 3rd party website to find out anything about game mechanics is more than enough proof of that.
"
Funsy wrote:
Yes, maybe something new about Mjölner mechanics (socketed casting spell order/priority):
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/1104996

After i get an official answer from GGG, or after serious testings, i'll update the OP.

"
Funsy wrote:
"
Funsy wrote:
Hey,

It would be nice to be sure about it and get an official reply from GGG.

Anyway, i tested different socketed orders with same gems, in this socket order: top left, then top right, then botom right.
The 2 different setups are:
1/ life leech, arc 21/20 and discharge 21/20
2/ life leech, discharge 21/20 and arc 21/20

After many runs in Apex of Sacrifice, i feel i'm dealing more dmg with setup 1 than with setup 2, especially against bosses:
- with setup 1, i kill the first Vaal before he goes underground most of the time
- with setup 2, i never managed to kill Vaal before he goes underground

I just did few more testings with the same base as previous. I just changed of character and took the CRIT variant:
- with setup 1, i sometimes kill the first Vaal before he goes underground
- with setup 2, i ALWAYS kill the first Vaal before he goes underground and i jump into the 2nd Vaal before it appears

About RT variant, best socketed order is: Arc first, Discharge 2nd.
Simply because we want Arc to grant a power charge before Discharge being casted.

About CRIT variant, best socketed order is: Discharge first, Arc second.
When we crit, we loose power charges because of Romira's Banquet. Therefore, we want Discharge to crit before Arc.

I'll update the OP about it very soon!

==========================================================

"
Mian_Scaratan wrote:
Official dev statement would be nice but GGG isnt all that open about behind-the-scenes game mechanics. The fact that you have to go to a 3rd party website to find out anything about game mechanics is more than enough proof of that.

I'm not agree with you about it. They are answering people when they ask something about spell mechanics most of the time. Although, correct me if i'm wrong, GGG is a small team, so they wouldn't always have the time to answer people and create something like PoE wiki.
OP's updated with some warnings about socket priorities on mjolner.
I also added the "TIPS/Mjölner's socketed spell order" section.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info