[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

How good do u think would this build be with Cyclon. Since i prefer Cyclon over cleave, because of the mobility which cyclone provide.
What about dreamfeather + ev shield? How much your damage would go down? Double Strike/Reave/Spectral Throw?
"
Tzucaza wrote:
How good do u think would this build be with Cyclon. Since i prefer Cyclon over cleave, because of the mobility which cyclone provide.

I don't think it would be very good. One problem with Cyclone is that the mana cost is very high, so you'd need to link it to a Blood Magic gem (and Life Leech), and that's going to reduce your damage. Cleave is far superior here.

"
sondeckis wrote:
What about dreamfeather + ev shield? How much your damage would go down? Double Strike/Reave/Spectral Throw?

Dreamfeather + shield could probably done, but the damage would be significantly lower and I wouldn't use this tree (I'd probably stack block and shield defense nodes instead, maybe even go physical damage). Cleave is simply better as a main attack than any of the other gems you mention. Double Strike requires Melee Splash (which doesn't work well with an elemental-based build), Cleave is more powerful than Reave for dual wield builds, and Spectral Throw is weak unless you build around crit.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Do you have any videos with this build? Would love to see how it looks in real.
Hi, is hard to get those weapons?
Hi, i started playing this build and i get around 30k+ evasion and around 12k dps(4link) and its pretty fun.

Few things i would like to point out:
-The dps is close to zero before adding elemental damage and it's really a pain to level before 66.
-Even with mind drinker and 4% leech + mana regen on gear i can't sustain a 4link so the only way is probably with elreon gear as OP stated.
- Heavily Dependant on elemental damage on gear

So yeah, good build but still in progress for me

"
sondeckis wrote:
Do you have any videos with this build? Would love to see how it looks in real.

Sorry, I don't have any vids.

"
Galdoranarion wrote:
Hi, is hard to get those weapons?

They would be hard to get at the start of a league, but once the uniques start dropping, they're pretty cheap. They're going for under 10 Chaos in both Torment and Bloodlines right now. In Standard it's more like 1-2 Ex.

"
failpatrol wrote:
Hi, i started playing this build and i get around 30k+ evasion and around 12k dps(4link) and its pretty fun.

Few things i would like to point out:
-The dps is close to zero before adding elemental damage and it's really a pain to level before 66.
-Even with mind drinker and 4% leech + mana regen on gear i can't sustain a 4link so the only way is probably with elreon gear as OP stated.
- Heavily Dependant on elemental damage on gear

So yeah, good build but still in progress for me

Thanks for this post! I have to admit that I changed into the build from a free respec with something like a level 80 Ranger, so I didn't experience the challenges of leveling from the start as a Cleave character, but I do know that the Elreon accessory makes all the difference. You can start wearing one of those at a fairly low level as long as you don't craft high level mods onto it. Do you use Clarity?

I wonder if it's best to level with some physical damage nodes then respec once you get the Dreamfeathers...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Multistrike must be a good DPS increase instead of Faster Attacks, despite its less Dmg?
I never played an Elemental-Melee before. When you swap Lifeleech for Multistrike, how can you sustain your life or be safe against Reflect? Talents like Blooddrinker only leech a bit from our pitiful Physical Dmg and won't be enough.

I consider playing this with Reave(green) for Cleave(red) and use Multistrike for FA with same overall colors. It would be cool if there is a way to use Faster Attacks and no Lifeleech with a RRGGGB-Chest.
Last edited by Firnefex on Jan 7, 2015, 3:08:46 PM
"
Firnefex wrote:
Multistrike must be a good DPS increase instead of Faster Attacks, despite its less Dmg?

Yes, Multistrike does give more damage, and I would use it all the time if I didn't need Life Leech. I say "need", but that's not completely true...

"
I never played an Elemental-Melee before. When you swap Lifeleech for Multistrike, how can you sustain your life or be safe against Reflect? Talents like Blooddrinker only leech a bit from our pitiful Physical Dmg and won't be enough.

You can sustain your life with potions and Cast when Damage Taken linked to Poacher's Mark or Warlord's Mark. I used potions until I had my 6L, which didn't happen until level 86 or so. If you don't usually have the Life Leech gem in your setup, you can use it in place of Weapon Elemental Damage for reflect maps.

"
I consider playing this with Reave(green) for Cleave(red) and use Multistrike for FA with same overall colors. It would be cool if there is a way to use Faster Attacks and no Lifeleech with a RRGGGB-Chest.

Cleave is going to give you more damage than Reave, and you can use Cleave with those chest colors if you want: Cleave + Weapon Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike + Added Cold Damage + Added Lightning Damage.
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 7, 2015, 3:57:19 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
You can sustain your life with potions and Cast when Damage Taken linked to Poacher's Mark or Warlord's Mark. I used potions until I had my 6L, which didn't happen until level 86 or so. If you don't usually have the Life Leech gem in your setup, you can use it in place of Weapon Elemental Damage for reflect maps.

Does CWDT trigger on my own Elemental Reflect with for example CWDT+EC+IC+PM/WM to instantly work against that threat? That would be really pleasant!

"
Tempada wrote:
Cleave is going to give you more damage than Reave, and you can use Cleave with those chest colors if you want: Cleave + Weapon Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike + Added Cold Damage + Added Lightning Damage.

Yes, I know Cleave does 2x65%=130% and Reave just 100%. But Reave looks nicer to me, and has greater AoE for more clearspeed I think. With Multistrike in standard setup you should compensate the 30% less damage too or isn't it that good?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info