[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
themoleium wrote:
I think when you have hatred + anger running while dual wielding they are a flat addition to attacks not applied to each weapon; so with cleave it gets the 65% effectiveness rather than 130%. IF this is the case then swapping cleave for reave should improve your damage (and make colours easier to get yaay!)

You're correct in that Wrath (I think you mean Wrath, not Hatred) and Anger add flat damage, although I'm pretty sure Cleave is always better than Reave for duel wield builds. I tested out some different configurations, and I get significantly more damage from Cleave. Now I don't have a qual Reave to compare with my qual 23 Cleave, but I know from swapping nodes on the tree that the extra 10-11% attack speed doesn't make up the difference. If only... the mana cost would be 1 less and the colors, as you said, would be easier to get!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I just hit level 91 and discovered the power of Multistrike and chance to shock. Multistrike + 20% qual Added Lightning Damage + Conductivity + the Shock node on the skill tree is pretty awesome. I can't spare the points for Static Blows, but what I have seems to be plenty. Be sure to stack added lightning damage on accessories for best results.

With maxed gems, I can now get over 45k dps in a 6L damage setup without Concentrated Effect. If I use Concentrated Effect instead of Added Lightning Damage, I get over 64k dps. Survival is trickier since I replaced Life Leech with Multistrike, but clear speeds are better and it feels so good!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
so the only way to get 20k+ dps without crits in 4-5L is to take ele dmg nodes and auras?
i prefer more phys dmg because of the easier leeching from gears and even blood rage...
"
The_26th_King wrote:
so the only way to get 20k+ dps without crits in 4-5L is to take ele dmg nodes and auras?

Pretty much, at least if you want to deal damage with nearly pure elemental attacks.

"
i prefer more phys dmg because of the easier leeching from gears and even blood rage...

A preference for physical damage is totally understandable. It's easier to scale, you can get life leech on gear no problem, and you don't have to worry about taking longer to kill enemies with elemental resists (let's face it: physical resistance is a joke in comparison). Elemental attack builds get the short end of the stick.

But...

Being able to scale damage off of gems and aura nodes means that the build is less gear dependent (it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg). Since it's non crit-based, there's little worry about reflect. And the Dreamfeather + Queen of the Forest combo allows you to increase damage and defenses at the same time. It's all very efficient, and the range of potential damage (mostly based on gem choice) is surprisingly wide, so there's a nice degree of build flexibility.
Updated for 1.3.

What changed? Two things:

1) Acrobatics now gives 30% less chance to block, so block chance went down from 15% to 11%. Not a big deal.

2) Last minute GGG decided to add an extra 4% life node to the Thick Skin circle. This is bothersome because 4% life is useless considering all the 5% nodes available, but Thick Skin's such a great node that we still want to take it. Essentially it makes the build cost an extra point.
Would I be able to use other attack gems just fine with this build? I'm looking at the uber atziri lightning strike build and it is affordable, though i really love the attack speed of these swords.

Also in your opinion what'd the dps be on here and do you have any videos showing the speed of the build on dom or something?
BerMalBerIst1 wrote: What if GGG doesn't nerf anything and decides to buff a bunch of stuff?

666lol666 wrote: In that case someone has kidnapped their kids and is forcing them to do so. These guys are allergic to buffs, they are in love with the nerfhammer!
"
krone7 wrote:
Would I be able to use other attack gems just fine with this build? I'm looking at the uber atziri lightning strike build and it is affordable, though i really love the attack speed of these swords.

You could use Lightning Strike, yes, but I think that's about the only comparable gem. A quality Cleave gem (increased attack speed) will give more tooltip dps than Lightning Strike, though, plus you can't use Concentrated Effect with Lightning Strike. My dps skyrockets with Cleave and Concentrated Effect (I can get over 65k dps, which is great for bosses but really slows me down in general mapping).

"
Also in your opinion what'd the dps be on here and do you have any videos showing the speed of the build on dom or something?

I'm pretty happy with the dps. I deal 32k in a 5L and something like 43k in a 6L (although I rarely use the 6L damage setup since I prefer Life Leech over Multistrike for survivability). Those are really solid numbers, especially for mid-tier weapons! Now, my gear is quite good, but I had well over 20k dps in a 4L around level 86 before I got many of my corrupted gems and crazy evasion gloves, so 20k in a 4L seems about right at high levels for more average gear. And those numbers can get higher with Vaal Haste, a Jade Flask (of Reflexes), and Atziri's Promise.

I don't have any videos, sorry, but Dominus goes down quickly. Just keep in mind that it can be tricky to get magic find with this build since your boots, chest armour, and helm are specific uniques, plus one of your rings should have Elreon's -mana cost mod. I've stopped caring about magic find with most of my builds.
I've been looking for a dual wield build for ranger for 1.3 since I'm not really happy with my level 52 spectral throw but I would like to see how it looks first. Can you please make a video of you killing a few mobs on higher level map? Doesn't have to be long, 30 sec to a minute is fine, just so I can see how the build works. Thanks
"
zveer wrote:
I've been looking for a dual wield build for ranger for 1.3 since I'm not really happy with my level 52 spectral throw but I would like to see how it looks first. Can you please make a video of you killing a few mobs on higher level map? Doesn't have to be long, 30 sec to a minute is fine, just so I can see how the build works. Thanks

I don't have an appropriate YouTube or Twitch channel set up for that, and I'm not really interested in having one. But I'd be happy to demonstrate in person if you want to message me in game.
Last edited by Tempada on Dec 17, 2014, 7:44:55 AM
Now level 92. I don't think I can bring myself to level any higher, at least not until Act 4 when the grind is hopefully more bearable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info