[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
masaokun wrote:
Love the concept! I've been playing a heavily modified version of this as a duelist and having a blast! It's very squishy (at least for now), but it's just so fast and so much fun!

Thanks! And right? It's a lot of fun.

I like your Duelist version; that has potential. Up to 6 jewel slots. Nice. What about something like this for higher levels?

The Elreon accessories might be problematic once you get a 6L, and they certainly cost a lot to roll well (Elreon multimod on every piece of jewelry), but with some mana leech... Very much like the original build idea! You could create a killer build with two Dreamfeathers and no Blood Magic gem if you put some bucks into it. That's cheaper than buying a top roll non-legacy Soul Taker in Standard (assuming you take the first rolls you get on the accessories), although in temporary leagues it's less expensive to just pick up a Soul Taker.

As your dps starts climbing and you hit higher tier mapping, you might want to drop Herald of Thunder. Arctic Armour is a life-saver. These days I run Grace + Wrath + Arctic Armour.

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 15, 2015, 7:39:26 AM
With your massive attack speed and a one handed sword, why aren't you using Whirling Blades? It hurts watching you leapslam around in your videos.
"
With your massive attack speed and a one handed sword, why aren't you using Whirling Blades? It hurts watching you leapslam around in your videos.

I'm actually running this build in standard SC and I use flicker strike + melee splash to curse, I switch for fortify when I run t12+ maps. It's really faster than leap slam if you want to curse and it have a good synergy with the build because you're never out of Frenzy charges.

Whirling blades is good too but if you want to use a curse it's less effective than flicker or leap slam.
Last edited by PifPafPouf07 on Nov 29, 2015, 4:59:33 PM
"
PifPafPouf07 wrote:
"

I'm actually running this build in standard SC and I use flicker strike + melee splash to curse, I switch for fortify when I run t12+ maps. It's really faster than leap slam if you want to curse and it have a good synergy with the build because you're never out of Frenzy charges.

Whirling blades is good too but if you want to use a curse it's less effective than flicker or leap slam.

Exactly: you can't curse mobs with Whirling Blades + Fortify. Sure, WB is crazy fast, but my movement speed is higher than just about any other viable character anyway, and the ability to curse everything around me with Conductivity helps balance clear speeds (really noticeable when monsters or maps have lightning res). I also can't stand the WB + Fortify meta, and WB gets caught on pebbles while Leap Slam gets me over holes.

If you don't have Soul Taker, there's no good reason to use Leap Slam (since you'll need to fill a slot with Blood Magic and won't have room for Fortify and Curse on Hit), but if you do have ST, Leap Slam does it all without having to swap any gems. I like the Flicker Strike + Melee Splash + Curse on Hit idea, but as you said, you need Fortify in those higher level maps.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I run flicker because my evade gloves are pretty good and i wasted tons of chromatics to get the 4 off without succes.

Did you try to run lvl 4 enlighten and clarity + BM to drop soul taker or mana is still too low ?

In 2.1 announcement they said "We're also improving several game systems including: monster damage, leech, the passive skill tree, mana costs for melee skills" maybe it will be reduced and it will be possible to drop ST and get higher DPS. 12 days remaining ^^
"
PifPafPouf07 wrote:
I run flicker because my evade gloves are pretty good and i wasted tons of chromatics to get the 4 off without succes.

Ouch. It is hard to roll those colors on pure evasion.

"
Did you try to run lvl 4 enlighten and clarity + BM to drop soul taker or mana is still too low ?

The original build used one Elreon accessory, a low level Clarity (like level 4), and a little bit of mana leech, and that was plenty to let you use two Dreamfeathers. I've tried mana in 2.0, and Soul Taker is vastly superior. Blood Magic is ok, still better than mana, but you need a 6L chest to make that work well late game.

"
In 2.1 announcement they said "We're also improving several game systems including: monster damage, leech, the passive skill tree, mana costs for melee skills" maybe it will be reduced and it will be possible to drop ST and get higher DPS. 12 days remaining ^^

Yep! I hope it'll be possible, although I've become attached to my Soul Taker at this point. It takes away so much pressure, no worries about lowered regen map mods (or no regen if you can swap in Life Gain on Hit), no need for Elreon accessories, no mana regen.
"
The Blood Dance now only gives 0.5% Life Regeneration per Frenzy Charge instead of 1%. Old copies of this unique item are unaffected.

I think there is now legacy blood dance, the regen on pre 2.1 copies isn't changed.
"
PifPafPouf07 wrote:
"
The Blood Dance now only gives 0.5% Life Regeneration per Frenzy Charge instead of 1%. Old copies of this unique item are unaffected.

I think there is now legacy blood dance, the regen on pre 2.1 copies isn't changed.

Indeed. Good for Standard players, a little sad for new leagues, though the 2.1 item is definitely still worth using for the charge generation and extra regen to help with Blood Rage.
Updated for 2.1.
This builds looks like a lot of fun! I'm going to respec my level 88 Ranger into it. Though upon opening your passive tree, I was a bit shocked by only 150% increased maximum life with evasion so I promptly changed the tree a bit to at least filling out the Scion wheel and taking some other life.

It also bugs me that I can't path efficiently to these amazing life/mana leech nodes near Duelist (not going to use Blood Magic) but I guess Warlord's Mark + Essence Sap will have to do for sustain.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info