[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
CraztyDing2 wrote:
oh great thanks for making it clear but why is this build based on lightning damage and not physical damage it's kind hard to find good stats in amulet and rings with a added lightning damage add am i able to replace it with any other physical roll?
am i able to replace HoT with HoI? i think i would like this way more what are your suggestions?

Dreamfeather scales far better with elemental damage. The physical damage on the swords will increase with evasion rating, but the physical damage is medicore in comparison to potential lightning damage.

You could replace HoT with HoI, sure, it's just not usually better (it can be if you use Ice Crash or Frost Blades and stack cold damage). You could even ignore lightning damage completely and use Anger + HoI (which can save points on the tree since you don't need as much intelligence), but in my testing, going lightning or lightning/cold is most potent.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
How much evasion rating and chance to evade do you have ?

Also what is your movement speed at ?

Was thinking about doing one of these kinds of builds sometime but i wanted to know those two stats endgame wise.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
How much evasion rating and chance to evade do you have ?

Also what is your movement speed at ?

Was thinking about doing one of these kinds of builds sometime but i wanted to know those two stats endgame wise.

It's listed in the "My Character" section, but it varies as I swap gear around. I have somewhere between +85% to 92% movement speed and 32k-34k evasion rating (~70% chance to evade at level 95; in practice the chance is higher since enemies are below level 95) with Grace active and before any other buffs like frenzy charges or flasks.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Hello Again, another question to pop hope i confess you with my idea :D
okay since we are running over all lightning scale damage i'm currently at Lv80
and i found a Hyaon's Fury Legion Sword and i Equipped already a Soul Taker and we are running also over Elemental Damage and i feel like dreamfeather is not giving me the damage i'm looking for.
as we have Soul Taker we got the Chill Ability and more Added Cold Damage From Gem
we can equip The Hyaon's Fury as we have Added Lightning Damage Gem too
Dreamfeather isn't anymore a compare with Hyaon's Fury
we running Wrath/HoT More Lightning Scale Damage and Hyaon's giving ~% Increased Lightning Damage Per Frenzy and i got 5/6 Frenzy so far so that's a way More DPS we can cover through Hyaon's Equipped
Hope you like the idea :) thanks
"
CraztyDing2 wrote:
i feel like dreamfeather is not giving me the damage i'm looking for.

The damage should increase significantly within the next 10 levels, especially once you take more attack speed nodes and fill in slots with good jewels. What's your main skill (I highly recommend Cleave with Soul Taker) and dps right now? Level of gems? Do the gems have max quality? Do you have Atziri's Promise, a high roll Jade Flask of Reflexes, and Taste of Hate? Those three flasks increase my dps by 20k! And they're active most of the time in maps thanks to Poacher's Mark. I realize Taste of Hate is expensive, but it's something to work toward.

"
compare with Hyaon's Fury

I don't have the currency to test a high roll one right now, but I'm almost certain that Dreamfeather has a higher dps potential with a similar tree. Remember that Dreamfeather scales all damage, including physical, and has a much higher attack speed. Also, if I were going to use Hyaon's Fury, I'd equip a different chest since you don't need to rely on a pure evasion one.
I have some questions to ask, hope you can answer,please

1.why cleave is better than reave? isn't it the same attack speed on the offence Tab?
or its cast speed is quick than reave?

2.when using double Dreamfeather,whether Dreamfeather's "attack damage per evasion rating"
will provide double effect or not?

3.when using cleave,reave,lightning strike these three skills,
Does it reduce my attack speed when using another off hand weapon(like one handed sceptre) which
attack speed lower than Dreamfeather?

4.if it does't reduce my attack speed when using a sceptre or something and 2.question is true,
when I don't have Soul Taker,
Is it better to use Dreamfeather and Doryani's Catalyst instead of double Dreamfeather?
because I think Doryani's Catalyst's high% elemental damage can replace
Dreamfeather's "attack damage per evasion rating".
or Dreamfeather's damage is still higher than Doryani's Catalyst?

5.Can I use Resolute Technique when I don't have enough accuracy rating?

These questions are all,thank you for watching and replying.
"
tgybshdhm wrote:
1.why cleave is better than reave? isn't it the same attack speed on the offence Tab?

Yes, the attack speed bonus is the same with quality gems, but Cleave gets a dual wield bonus (both of your weapons deal damage at the same time) that makes it more powerful. Reave, on the other hand, alternates which weapon you hit with each time. The trouble with Cleave is that it can be hard to slot in a pure evasion chest since it's a red gem.

"
2.when using double Dreamfeather,whether Dreamfeather's "attack damage per evasion rating"
will provide double effect or not?

Yes.

"
3.when using cleave,reave,lightning strike these three skills,
Does it reduce my attack speed when using another off hand weapon(like one handed sceptre) which
attack speed lower than Dreamfeather?

Yes, your attack speed will be reduced. I believe the attack speed of the two weapons is averaged.

"
4. Is it better to use Dreamfeather and Doryani's Catalyst instead of double Dreamfeather?
because I think Doryani's Catalyst's high% elemental damage can replace
Dreamfeather's "attack damage per evasion rating".
or Dreamfeather's damage is still higher than Doryani's Catalyst?

It is better to use double Dreamfeather. Here's the thing: the damage with Dreamfeather + Doryani's can be equal to or even greater (by a little bit) than Dreamfeather x2 before flasks. However, using two Dreamfeathers gives you a bigger boost when you pop a Jade Flask, so if you have a nice flask, two Dreamfeathers is the way to go. Also, Dreamfeather has a nice accuracy and evasion bonus, which you lose out on with the sceptre.

"
5.Can I use Resolute Technique when I don't have enough accuracy rating?

You could but you shouldn't. Resolute Technique will make reflect nasty at high levels since you won't be able to evade it, plus it's easy to get enough accuracy, especially if you use two Dreamfeathers since the weapons come with the bonus on them.

Thanks for the questions! Let me know if you have any more.
Yes, it's me, I still have some question,please read it again.

1.about my last reply's 2.question, what if when using skill which only attack with one weapon,
does I still get double Dreamfeathers's bonus?

2.I search for POE's WIKI,any kind of skill can get dual wield bonus,
not just cleave and dual strike, so that mean cleave isn't better than any other skill,right?
because I still think cleave's attack area is so small.

3.does passive and jewel's "increase melee damage" buff my attack skill's lightning damage?
also skill's quality if it increase or reduce damage(like multistrike),
does it reduce my lightning damage?

4.about my last reply's 5.question, so in the normal situation, I can evade reflect damage?

5.how does you deal with your mana consume when you don't have Soul Taker,
or you aren't even have the problem?

6.why you use leap slam, not whirling blade? isn't it faster than leap slam?
or just because leap slam can pass through terrain and obstacle?

thank you for watching my questions again. have a good day.
"
tgybshdhm wrote:
what if when using skill which only attack with one weapon, does I still get double Dreamfeathers's bonus?

Yes. Technically you'll always be attacking with two weapons if you're using two Dreamfeathers. Skills like Reave alternate the weapon that swings, while skills like Cleave use both weapons at the same time. The only time you'll attack with one weapon and not the other is when you use a weapon that doesn't work with your attack. For example, Reave only works with daggers, claws, and one-handed swords. So if you use Reave and have a dagger in one hand and a scepter in the other, you'll only attack with the dagger, but you'll still get the global bonuses of the scepter.

"
2.I search for POE's WIKI,any kind of skill can get dual wield bonus,
not just cleave and dual strike, so that mean cleave isn't better than any other skill,right?
because I still think cleave's attack area is so small.

Yes, there's a basic dual wield bonus that applies no matter the skill, but Cleave has an additional bonus when dual wielding axes or swords: "When Dual Wielding, Deals -40% Damage from each Weapon combined." This may look bad at first glance, but it's actually a good thing that increases your damage.

Cleave does have a small range, but it's not bad once you reach Amplify on the tree. I probably wouldn't use Cleave without a Soul Taker. Ice Crash is a good substitute.

"
3.does passive and jewel's "increase melee damage" buff my attack skill's lightning damage?
also skill's quality if it increase or reduce damage(like multistrike),
does it reduce my lightning damage?

Yes and yes (with most skills). "Melee damage" and "attack damage" apply to your full melee attack value. Something like Fortify, which grants "increased melee physical damage", only applies to a portion of the damage you do with this build (the physical portion). In the case of projectile attacks, like Spectral Throw, "increased melee damage" has no effect. In the even weirder case of Lightning Strike, "melee damage" applies to the initial hit but not to the projectiles, while "attack damage" applies to both parts of the attack.

"
4.about my last reply's 5.question, so in the normal situation, I can evade reflect damage?

Yes.

"
5.how does you deal with your mana consume when you don't have Soul Taker,
or you aren't even have the problem?

If you don't have Soul Taker, you want to link your chosen attack to the Blood Magic gem. It's possible to make a mana-based build, but it's more trouble than it's worth right now.

"
6.why you use leap slam, not whirling blade? isn't it faster than leap slam?
or just because leap slam can pass through terrain and obstacle?

Only use Leap Slam with Soul Taker. I use Leap Slam because of its area of effect. It allows me to curse multiple enemies at the same time when I use the following links: Leap Slam + Fortify + Curse on Hit + Conductivity. Without Soul Taker, you need to use the Blood Magic gem, so it's best to use Whirling Blades + Blood Magic + Fortify + Faster Attacks and forget about Curse on Hit.

I hope this helps. The game's very complicated, and it takes a while to wrap your head around the mechanics!
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 11, 2015, 9:18:34 PM
Love the concept! I've been playing a heavily modified version of this as a duelist and having a blast! It's very squishy (at least for now), but it's just so fast and so much fun!

My target passive tree: https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAivDEgrCrvqdlTb02R36E2Rm0LYMVIPaj73oKm-cK037tgxmOAF6bjQgu_rp9dV5FkvMV8PljS3jdqDBx1CONv_rrOkIaj_ba-wkZioTFm7XDOspKX7AWvw-rJItVS2HiJpWMNn1brEdRTLXybqpKyD8nKk3YvTWSgwlvnloawzNDMVO7v9UFLXTt2sGGsyzpAO4yCWxGcmy95lT-Ps-bLcauPC2DzLc-_gpo8q9sC2GiAPAfwGYEs4Kb7SDhc3flV-IyiScvOthZ8xo4kFVG11cpcYVyD_MRsUKDX0z_apNfOe0_lczTby5T7g6jik2SI_Y=

My current passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAF4A7gSzBfkILgqbC2EPqxUgFfAWvxmKGY4ZtBqPJIsmlSpNLOktgzBxMgk1kjpCPC0_J0MxR35KyEt4TP9RTFO7VUteRV85X7Bh4mVNaPJqk2xGbqpvnnJsfVt9dYKbgwmDX4PMhMWE2YazivCMNo2_kvOXBpstm42btaIArEevbLCrtfK3Pr02vqe_1cBmwzrEgsauykrTftQj2L3dqOFz5wrtIO2D73rwH_aj9tr5Y_rr-wn-Cv66?accountName=masaokun&characterName=Ricardo_Esteban

My current items:

With the Elreon jewelry, I'm running the level 14 cleave with *NO* mana cost. My level 73 char has a tooltip DPS of 12,386 with auras up but no frenzy charges. There's still a *lot* for me to do in order to really get the most out of this character, and I'm still playing with it and building up currency to make it happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info