[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

isnt Life: 4079 SUPER LOW?!?! for a level 87?!?!
how do you survive physical hit in map 77+?!

doesnt it 1 shot you if it pass your evade/dodge?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
isnt Life: 4079 SUPER LOW?!?! for a level 87?!?!
how do you survive physical hit in map 77+?!

doesnt it 1 shot you if it pass your evade/dodge?!

Whoops, my life is higher than that with jewels, I'll have to update. But the answer's Fortify + Taste of Hate. You can use Arctic Armour + Herald of Ice in place of Wrath (or AA in place of HoT) if you want more defense, or there's Enduring Cry. Enfeeble as your CwDT curse helps too. I actually haven't been one shot with this character in the Awakening except during major lag by a boss that you'd expect to one shot many builds (Dominus - Touch of God).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 22, 2015, 5:43:24 PM
First of all, nice guide!

Made a similar build back when Dreamfeather was introduced to the game. Made it as a phys crit back then, and it worked quite well.

Decided this time to make it a ele frenzy, and so far as lvl 70 it's going pretty good. 8K with buffs on my Wild Strike, and 21k evasion.

Quick question though; why have no one mentioned using Wild Strike? Seems like a really good skill to use with this build, or am i missing something?
"
Wrannec wrote:
First of all, nice guide!

Thanks! You caught me in the middle of some updates, but the formatting should be fixed now.

"
Made a similar build back when Dreamfeather was introduced to the game. Made it as a phys crit back then, and it worked quite well.

That might work even better now that Dreamfeather (at least newly-dropped ones) got a physical damage buff.

"
Quick question though; why have no one mentioned using Wild Strike? Seems like a really good skill to use with this build, or am i missing something?

I'm leveling one right now and it feels, well, unreliable, but maybe I'll change my mind when I hit level 20 with 20% qual. I think it matches Cleave in terms of base damage (excellent), although 10% increased attack speed is better than 20% increased elemental damage (referring to the quality bonuses of the gems). Some people might like Wild Strike over Reave, though.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Made it to 85, 5L chest.

considerable bang for your buck - LOL
First you said Ice Crash is the recommended attack
now you say Reave is, and before that it was Cleave?

BTW where is the AOE increase for reave? With your tree I'm getting 16% only.

Very inconsistent, and summon skeletons? wtf why?
Now I need to get Vaal Haste/Grace.. and a soultaker?

Can't wait for your next update...
I'm going to test this version of it i played it before 2.0 and it was a solid build. But i do have a question, Why Blood dance? Wouldn't atziri steps be almost as good? sure a bit lower damage on low life but more overall damage and they have defenses, plus i might even think they are cheaper.

Blood dance do also have the increased life reg and it's good to run blood rage on, but by just doing a change to your passive tree i got more life reg at a lower point cost. Not as much life reg as with blood dance but enough to run blood rage without loosing life and still have some life reg left, and with blood dance even more life reg.

Then we have the skill choices. Cleave will give more dps since it increased base damage per level, (didn't do before but i don't remember old cleave). Then we have reave and i think it's a superior skill. you get a faster clear speed when you can cover a bigger area, Cleave has terrible area. so in general gameplay it worth loosing the area for more damage or is clearspeed going to lack because of that choice? I ask this because your description tells use that cleave is stronger because more damage but it's hard to get the colors so reave is stronger if you can't get the color, but everyone should know cleave has really bad area compared of Reave.
"
NKRavage wrote:
Made it to 85, 5L chest.

considerable bang for your buck - LOL

The bang was better back in 1.3 when mana was easy to sustain and the meta favored evasion/Acro, but I still think the damage (defense is another matter) is quite good once you level your gems with quality. As one example, I get around 34k dps with Dreamfeather x2 and Ice Crash in a 5L (which is effectively a 4L damage setup because one of the slots is for Blood Magic). That goes up to 50k with all flasks activated, and beyond 80k with frenzy charges, Blood Rage, and Vaal Haste. Consider the fact that you can upgrade to a 6L and Dreamfeather + Soul Taker, and the damage potential is more than acceptable. I can get over 55k dps with Cleave + Dreamfeather + Soul Taker + a 6L before any buffs aside from auras, and I exceed 110k dps with all buffs activated. You don't usually see that kind of damage with a low crit build.

"
First you said Ice Crash is the recommended attack
now you say Reave is, and before that it was Cleave?

Cleave was originally (and still is, in my experience) the best in terms of dps, while Ice Crash and Reave are less powerful but easier on socket colors. Ice Crash is more powerful than Reave, but at high levels you might have issues with reflect that are easier to correct with Reave.

"
BTW where is the AOE increase for reave? With your tree I'm getting 16% only.

Correct, you "only" get 16% once you reach Amplify on the tree. That's plenty, especially since Reave's initial AoE is decent.

"
Very inconsistent, and summon skeletons? wtf why?
Now I need to get Vaal Haste/Grace.. and a soultaker?

What else do you recommend in a CwDT setup? Summon Skeletons distracts enemies. I find them pretty useful even though they die quickly. If you don't mind manually casting something, you could use Decoy Totem or Enduring Cry. You don't need Vaal Haste or Grace, but it's very nice to have. I'm giving you options and telling what I think is most effective. I've been trying out many different things and updating as I go. A Soul Taker has never been needed, but that's one step in upgrading this build if you still care to play it.

"
Can't wait for your next update...

I sense sarcasm... I'm pretty much done with updates unless people have suggestions or GGG changes something with a patch.

"
Nailroth wrote:
Why Blood dance? Wouldn't atziri steps be almost as good? sure a bit lower damage on low life but more overall damage and they have defenses, plus i might even think they are cheaper.

Blood dance do also have the increased life reg and it's good to run blood rage on, but by just doing a change to your passive tree i got more life reg at a lower point cost. Not as much life reg as with blood dance but enough to run blood rage without loosing life and still have some life reg left, and with blood dance even more life reg.

I like Blood Dance because it makes it really easy to keep frenzy charges up (especially with the nerf to Blood Rage's frenzy chance). The extra life regen is great with Blood Magic and for degen effects, and life regen is never a problem with Blood Rage going at the same time. Atziri's Step is great too, but elemental damage really isn't scary in comparison to physical, so the primary bonus is only ok. Life and high evasion are nice, though.

Where are you getting more life regen on the tree unless you go into the Duelist area or take something like Combat Stamina?

"
Then we have the skill choices. Cleave will give more dps since it increased base damage per level, (didn't do before but i don't remember old cleave). Then we have reave and i think it's a superior skill. you get a faster clear speed when you can cover a bigger area, Cleave has terrible area. so in general gameplay it worth loosing the area for more damage or is clearspeed going to lack because of that choice? I ask this because your description tells use that cleave is stronger because more damage but it's hard to get the colors so reave is stronger if you can't get the color, but everyone should know cleave has really bad area compared of Reave.

People seem to like Reave a lot better than Cleave, which is understandable because of the AoE difference. It may sometimes be superior to Cleave in clear speed... But that hasn't been my personal experience after fooling around with high level gems and socket colors on two different chests. If you have a 6L and the currency to roll the socket colors you need, I think it's worth using Cleave over Reave. Otherwise I'd use Reave.
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 26, 2015, 4:41:40 PM
"
What else do you recommend in a CwDT setup? Summon Skeletons distracts enemies. I find them pretty useful even though they die quickly. If you don't mind manually casting something, you could use Decoy Totem or Enduring Cry. You don't need Vaal Haste or Grace, but it's very nice to have. I'm giving you options and telling what I think is most effective. I've been trying out many different things and updating as I go. A Soul Taker has never been needed, but that's one step in upgrading this build if you still care to play it.

War cry's don't work with CWDT anymore dude, just sayin'.
"
NKRavage wrote:
"

War cry's don't work with CWDT anymore dude, just sayin'.

Which is why I said you could manually cast Enduring Cry.
"
Which is why I said you could manually cast Enduring Cry.

Ah yes, you're right, sorry about that, I'll just use summon skeletons to distract my enemies, that'll learn em.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info