[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
Tempada wrote:
"
serpentine98 wrote:
will you update a version with 2.0?
i found that you can run wrath and herald of thunder and a lvl 7 clarity with a max of 900 mana and still have 180 mp left

or do you want to update it to use blood magic and vaal pact now that vaal pact is on the right side of the passive tree

I'll definitely be updating :) There will be versions for mana and Blood Magic (gem).

Wrath and Herald of Thunder are great, but you really don't want to leave out Grace once you have Dreamfeather, so the problem is mana remaining after using all three "auras" by late game (dropping even just HoT is a big hit to damage). Assuming you take your attack skill to lvl 20 now that elemental damage scales with the gem, you need to link the auras to Enlighten and stack some mana, or you need more reduced mana reserved nodes on the tree, in order to have enough mana remaining to sustain your attack. We aren't particularly close to Sovereignty, so stacking mana it is... Or we could just ignore mana completely and link Cleave/Reave to Blood Magic.

Vaal Pact keeps coming up. Why would that be used here, especially since this build doesn't have much leech? If I go Blood Magic, I'd much rather use The Blood Dance boots and get a bunch of regen (great with Blood Rage) than sacrifice regen completely for life gain on hit. I feel so naked without regen...

I suggested vaal pact because i wanted to use blood magic and wanted to sustain it without going heavy into regen now that leech applies to all dmg
also because i dont have much time to play between school and job and thus dont have the currency to afford a alphas (and also alphas will probably be even more expensive once the nerf to blood magic comes) i saw your build when i came across a queen of the forest drop from leeching a lvl 70 map with some friends

edit: what do you think about going 2 heralds and grace as i seen many beta players go tri heralds with no alpha or enlighten and only a few reduced reserves into their tree
Last edited by serpentine98 on Jul 8, 2015, 11:28:38 PM
I don't know why you're ignoring it here, but Hyrri's Ire seems far better than Queen of the Forest now. A lot of Evasion, Flat Cold Damage, and 10% Dodge and Spell Dodge.

Can't ignore the style, either ;)
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jul 9, 2015, 2:36:35 AM
"
serpentine98 wrote:
I suggested vaal pact because i wanted to use blood magic and wanted to sustain it without going heavy into regen now that leech applies to all dmg

Blood Magic sustain should be pretty simple if you use The Blood Dance boots (you can get those cheap) and the Blood Rage gem, but you can go Vaal Pact if you want. Doesn't leech only apply to all damage when you use the Life Leech gem?

"
also because i dont have much time to play between school and job and thus dont have the currency to afford a alphas... what do you think about going 2 heralds and grace as i seen many beta players go tri heralds with no alpha or enlighten and only a few reduced reserves into their tree

Wrath + HoT is a huge damage boost (if you stack flat lightning damage and weapon elemental damage on gear), but sure, you could go with Grace + two 25% auras in a pinch (or maybe even Grace + Wrath). That will save you at least 3 points on the tree and you don't need Alpha's Howl.

If you use two 25% auras, go with Grace + Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder/Arctic Armour, and instead of flat lightning damage, go with cold damage on gear and Added Cold linked to Cleave/Reave.

"
CantripN wrote:
I don't know why you're ignoring it here, but Hyrri's Ire seems far better than Queen of the Forest now. A lot of Evasion, Flat Cold Damage, and 10% Dodge and Spell Dodge.

Can't ignore the style, either ;)

I love Hyrri's flavor, the flat cold damage and dodge chance are great, and the increased chill duration has synergy with Arctic Armour and Hypothermia. But spell dodge is only ok when physical damage is the real threat, dodge in general can be boosted instead by Vaal Grace (or Darkray Vectors), and there's no life or resists which is starting to get into trouble territory considering that there's no life on Alpha's Howl or Blood Dance/Darkray. [Fun fact: with a lvl 5 Enlighten (lvl 4 in a +1 to gems item), you don't necessarily need either Alpha's Howl or any mana reserved nodes on the tree to run two 50% auras and one 25% aura.]

So ultimately I think it's going to be personal preference. If I get my hands on a new Hyrri's for cheap then I'll give it a whirl, but I have a feeling I'll prefer Queen of the Forest. Gotta go fast!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 9, 2015, 7:13:27 AM
You're going to use Whirling Blades + Blood Magic to move anyway, I think. It's just faster than any move speed, and it has Fortify on it (which you MUST use somewhere). That makes move speed more or less useless on gear.

That means I'd pick a Lightning Coil or Hyrri's for sure. Hyrri's for more DPS, LC for not being dead, ever. Hell, a good rare is better than Queen if you ignore the move speed.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jul 9, 2015, 8:56:37 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
You're going to use Whirling Blades + Blood Magic to move anyway, I think. It's just faster than any move speed, and it has Fortify on it (which you MUST use somewhere). That makes move speed more or less useless on gear.

I actually prefer Leap Slam so I can get over gaps, and I like the option of Leap Slam + Fortify + Curse on Hit + (insert curse here). I'm really upset that Fortify is a new required gem for most melee characters and the only feasible place to put it is with your movement skill in an elemental build. Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Curse on Hit + Conductivity/Elemental Weakness was boss in the original build.

"
That means I'd pick a Lightning Coil or Hyrri's for sure. Hyrri's for more DPS, LC for not being dead, ever. Hell, a good rare is better than Queen if you ignore the move speed.

Haha, yes, but we can't just ignore movement speed. If you prefer Whirling Blades and don't mind giving up life on at least your chest and helm (and possibly boots), then Hyrri's is awesome. I want to use Lightning Coil, but the lower evasion and the cost of making up the resistance doesn't seem worth it in softcore, and you might as well play something more tanky with better damage in hardcore.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
just thought of something
what if we replace one of the dreamfeathers with a soul taker so that we can still use mana but don't need to worry about mana cost and clarity (thus saving some points that was put in max mana in the tree into damage or more evasion?
"
serpentine98 wrote:
just thought of something
what if we replace one of the dreamfeathers with a soul taker so that we can still use mana but don't need to worry about mana cost and clarity (thus saving some points that was put in max mana in the tree into damage or more evasion?

Yes, you can do this. I don't suggest it because 1) the cost is prohibitive and originally this was meant as a budget build, and 2) you lose a bunch of damage that's hard to replace. In live I have a max damage roll non-legacy Soul Taker, and my dps drops from about 43k to 36k (the difference would be greater if I wasn't using Lightning Penetration).
I rebuilt my level 95 Ranger as a physical-based Reaver... And it blows. My gems don't have quality yet, and their levels vary, but I still expected more than 12k dps in a 5L at such a high character level! It climbs a little higher once I have 7 Frenzy Charges going, but not that much higher. I'm going to keep working at it. This is purely physical so far (aside from Hatred), so perhaps it will be better if I do some elemental conversion. I need to get Frost Blades.

In terms of mana builds, I'm really not liking it so far. It's a pain to get solid dps and worthwhile mana sustain in a 6L. Blood Magic just makes quality of life so much better. Unfortunately thanks to the Reduced Mana changes, loss of Inner Force, and leech/mana issues, this build is just not as strong overall as it was in 1.3. You can do some whacky things with Frenzy Charges and then dps is actually similar to the old build, but you have to sacrifice life and take a bunch of mana nodes to do it. I'll test more later today. I'm thinking that Blood Magic builds are where it's at, but I'm also thinking that Dreamfeather is worse off than before in terms of an all-around build, and that makes me really sad. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get my hands on two of the new Dreamfeathers since their physical values have been buffed.
Can u plz re-update ur passive skill tree??
Ur link has been broken :(
"
yaiba02 wrote:
Can u plz re-update ur passive skill tree??
Ur link has been broken :(

Yes, I'll update soon, but here's a link in the meantime:

So, what's changed is that skills now give increased damage (not just physical damage) at high levels, so it's not to our benefit to leave the attack gem at level 5 (we want lvl 20 gems). Mana is also harder to sustain, and honestly it's so annoying that linking your attack to Blood Magic is the most convenient way to go.

New gear: instead of Atziri's Step, use The Blood Dance boots.

Skill gem setup: Ice Crash + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Cold/Added Lightning + Hypothermia/Lightning Penetration

OR (the following setup gives less damage)

Reave/Cleave + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Cold/Added Lightning
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 12, 2015, 8:55:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info