[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

I had a go at a beta tree - it pretty much follows your one where possible, but I wanted to pick up some jewel sockets as well. What do you think?

You can probably get 3 more jewels, or just stack some more life in the Scion wheel/remaining 4-5% nodes around the tree. I'd probably spec into life first, and then as I got sweet jewels with some life on them, spec into the sockets.
Last edited by dandan88 on Jun 22, 2015, 3:42:58 PM
"
dandan88 wrote:
I had a go at a beta tree - it pretty much follows your one where possible, but I wanted to pick up some jewel sockets as well. What do you think?

Yep, this is pretty much what I'd do, except I wouldn't bother with the Thick Skin circle (you'll save 5 points right there that can go into more efficient nodes) and I'd stay away from physical nodes like Weapon Artistry, so something more like this.

If you don't think you'll take Quick Recovery, you can save points by moving through Sanctity like this. Shaper and Quick Recovery are certainly good for mana, so the Templar path you take should depend on your mana sustain situation. Sustain's a bit tougher in beta with the leech changes and Clarity nerf (lowered Clarity values and no Inner Force). I mean, there's Rallying Cry, but I'm not a fan of manually casting extra skills if I don't have to.

Also, you might want to grab an extra Frenzy Charge or two and try out Blood Rage + The Blood Dance.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jun 23, 2015, 12:15:41 AM
By the way, I'll be working on a physical Dreamfeather build as well.

Reave (I prefer Cleave but Reave got a buff and as a green gem it's easier to socket in a pure evasion chest) + Blood Magic + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Hypothermia

Hatred + Grace + Arctic Armour (Alpha's Howl isn't required for this setup)

The Blood Dance boots instead of Atziri's Step

Queen of the Forest or Hyrri's Ire

Amplify is quite a trek, so you might skip that and go for more damage, possibly like this. Or there's Brutal Blade and Slashing Comeback.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jun 23, 2015, 1:23:18 PM
Bit worried about Life Leech as well, with the newly placed Vaal Pact it might just be worth picking that up. Can't get AOE on jewels? Or is it only Area Damage?

Slightly different tree around the acro/ondars area - more life, less atk speed and frenzy charge duration - but right next to brutal blade/slashing comeback, acuity and ondars, and gets vaal pact. also only has 1 jewel socket - potential for TONS of attack speed with those
Last edited by dandan88 on Jun 23, 2015, 2:20:44 PM
"
dandan88 wrote:
Bit worried about Life Leech as well, with the newly placed Vaal Pact it might just be worth picking that up. Can't get AOE on jewels? Or is it only Area Damage?

I dunno about Vaal Pact... I tend to think of that as a node for crit characters. Is it worth giving up 3.6% life regen? What about the extra 6-8% regen you can get with Blood Dance + Blood Rage + Frenzy Charges? I think it's best to ignore Vaal Pact and rely on a combination of regen and leech.

Are you going to link your attack to Blood Magic or Mana Leech? If damage numbers are higher than I expect, I'll drop damage nodes and invest in mana instead so neither gem is needed.

I'd love to hear how it goes if you try out the phys build in beta.

Oh, and I don't think you can get increased AoE on jewels (outside of the unique unarmed one), just increased area damage.
Last edited by Tempada on Jun 23, 2015, 4:37:14 PM
You're probably right about Vaal Pact, between potions, regen and evasion/dodge the leech nerf shouldn't be enough to warrant VP. I will probably run Blood Magic until better gear/high levels. I'm trying to level in the beta at the mo but having instance loading issues..

Also... Ice Crash?
Last edited by dandan88 on Jun 23, 2015, 5:51:24 PM
"
dandan88 wrote:
Also... Ice Crash?

:O

Ice Crash sounds very nice. It allows you to wield a crap Dreamfeather in your off hand and no Multistrike means an extra gem slot. Lightning Strike and, to a lesser degree, Spectral Throw work too. Hooray for variety!
In past posts, you said that a Spectral Throw version of the build was doable and had the skill tree linked but emphasized the need to go crit with ST but the tree has barely any crit. Is this still relevant?

My girlfriend was inspired to try the ST version and I will admit most of our stuff is self found/cheaply bought sub exalts but she was only achieving 1.9k with ST-LMP-WED-Faster Attacks-Added lightning as a five link at lvl 74. Obviously the 6th link is missing there but I was unsure if there were better alternatives based on lack of your own testing and such. I didn't know if there was any advice on how to push ST higher as we were unsure if elemental based was the way to go at this point to still aim for in gear or if crit needed to be involved. I saw that you were reaching 11k with your testing and it seems like a long ways off to even start mapping with her character in comparison. Certain regen rares and such take forever even in docks.

Any advice would be appreciated.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jun 26, 2015, 5:52:30 PM
"
In past posts, you said that a Spectral Throw version of the build was doable and had the skill tree linked but emphasized the need to go crit with ST but the tree has barely any crit. Is this still relevant?

My earlier thoughts on ST are not still relevant. ST stinks in live unless you go crit dagger (and even then it's not worth it unless you have killer gear).

Dreamfeather's getting a physical damage boost in The Awakening, and I think Dreamfeather Spectral Throw will be "viable" there with Frenzy Charges + Blood Dance + Blood Rage (plenty of regen and leech to sustain ST linked to Blood Magic) and heading into the Duelist area... But honestly it's far from the best choice. Cleave should be best in terms of tooltip damage, Reave will be excellent thanks to a buff and its gem color, Ice Crash is looking good, and Lightning Strike will probably be up there too. Spectral Throw could really use a buff.
"
Tempada wrote:
"

My earlier thoughts on ST are not still relevant. ST stinks in live unless you go crit dagger (and even then it's not worth it unless you have killer gear).

Dreamfeather's getting a physical damage boost in The Awakening, and I think Dreamfeather Spectral Throw will be "viable" there with Frenzy Charges + Blood Dance + Blood Rage (plenty of regen and leech to sustain ST linked to Blood Magic) and heading into the Duelist area... But honestly it's far from the best choice. Cleave should be best in terms of tooltip damage, Reave will be excellent thanks to a buff and its gem color, Ice Crash is looking good, and Lightning Strike will probably be up there too. Spectral Throw could really use a buff.

Thank you very much for the reply. After my girlfriend got home from work yesterday she decided that it was too much of a hassle to attempt so many changes but still wanted to do something a little different. We ended up switching colors for Molten Strike and she is happy with the 7.5k it currently does. She is looking at Ice Crash for post-patch potentially.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info