[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"the aura nodes i used ar the 2 just above harier
(didnt take leadership ofc)

my cleave now uses only 8 mana ( eleron rings/ammy x2 and only 5L)

made the FA 20q and took a 20/20 multie from other char
and i took inner force
the damage increase was great
need to find an alternative b4 A4 tough :(

all and all realy fun build !

wel done

(edit) i use 2x vaal grace + inc duration + faster casting in my gloves
for extra defence)
dank
Last edited by bjornNL on Apr 24, 2015, 9:21:41 AM
Was thinking about playing this build in the new one month league, so I ran it on standard for about 20 levels, and it was pretty weak without the higher leveled uniques. Do you have any suggestions for alternative playstyles earlier on? Or should I just run lightning tendrils/tornado shot until I get there?
"
Was thinking about playing this build in the new one month league, so I ran it on standard for about 20 levels, and it was pretty weak without the higher leveled uniques. Do you have any suggestions for alternative playstyles earlier on? Or should I just run lightning tendrils/tornado shot until I get there?

Lightning Tendrils might work if you start as a Templar (take spell damage nodes initially then spec out of them for the melee nodes later), but it'll be a little weak as a Ranger. I would try to level as a Ranger with Cleave or Reave. Things should get better once you're able to run multiple auras/Heralds. I'd probably avoid Celerity and Survivalist early on in favor of damage nodes. It's true that this build doesn't really shine until you can equip the uniques.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on May 9, 2015, 10:26:10 AM
The beta tree is looking very nice right about now. The Profane Chemistry cluster is down to three nodes and it and the Berserking cluster are immediately available to us (as opposed to each being a point away in live), the placement of Acrobatics allows us to take an extra evasion node (the placement kind of stinks for non-Ranger builds, but it's great for Rangers), and we have immediate access to two jewel slots:

On the flip side, Inner Force is gone, there's no more CwDT + Enduring Cry (and I'd rather stick a needle in my eye than manually cast that every time I approach a pack of enemies), Clarity is less powerful, a level 3 Enlighten is needed to run Grace + Wrath + Herald of Thunder, and there will be slightly less mana remaining with them running (unless you're lucky enough to have a lvl 4 Enlighten).

I plan on swapping Faster Attacks for Fortify in my boots, so I'll have Leap Slam + Curse on Hit + Conductivity + Fortify. Summon Flame or Chaos Golem will also have a place.

Anyway, that's a little beta update based on what I see. I haven't been able to test yet, although I don't think testing would tell me much (aside from giving me a better idea of how to level from the start as a Cleave Ranger) since the changes in relation to this build are pretty straight forward.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on May 23, 2015, 1:30:18 AM
Good news! Cant wait for act4 Queen of cleave. Better start lvling pass 88 before release :)

Ohh i finally 6L my queen

And got a cheap
from a ripped hardcore player.
The greatest tragedy in life is wasted talent.!
And remember exiles, good loot it's a illusion.
Last edited by Valhall on Jun 10, 2015, 3:56:37 PM
"
Valhall wrote:
Good news!

Yes! Congrats on the 6L. I'm psyched too.

It turns out the "+1 to Weapon Range" mod doesn't do anything for Cleave (or Reave), but that's still an excellent sword.

The Graceful Assault cluster is looking yummy.

There's a beta demonstration from another player on Reddit/YouTube right now.
Last edited by Tempada on Jun 10, 2015, 5:13:57 PM
What is the link in order of importance?
"
What is the link in order of importance?

It depends on your gear and available socket colors, but based on tooltip dps and my setup

Cleave > Weapon Elemental Damage > Multistrike > Faster Attacks > Added Cold/Lightning
With the buffed Hyrri's Ire, do you think that Queen of the forest is still better?
"
TehHypocrite wrote:
With the buffed Hyrri's Ire, do you think that Queen of the forest is still better?

I think it's going to be personal preference. Queen of the Forest is fun for the speed (and obviously good for the life, resists, and evasion), but Hyrri's Ire is a serious contender with those new stats. It has great synergy with Arctic Armour, Hypothermia, Frenzy Charges + Darkray Vectors, and even block chance (although block's more for a physical-based build).

Reave has been made better as well. Cleave should still give more damage, but, unless GGG adjusts Cleave's AoE, Reave will probably be preferable thanks to the gem color and its range. Another new viable combo is Blood Dance boots (especially +1 Frenzy corrupted ones) + Blood Rage.

I worry that GGG will lower Grace values (possibly coupled with a lowered mana reservation, so a double-edged sword) or change up Acrobatics, but so far we've been given more options (even if some of those options are harder to achieve thanks to the Reduced Mana change) for Dreamfeather, which is great.

Dreamfeather + Hyrri's Ire + Hatred + Arctic Armour + Hypothermia is sounding awesome right now in a phys build.
Last edited by Tempada on Jun 22, 2015, 11:37:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info