[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

You're welcome.

In my over-the-top, self-righteous spelling fury I forgot to compliment you on the build. Doh! >.<

It's quite unique, has a very clever twist, a lot of synergy and looks like a ton of fun to play. I can't wait to try it out. :)
Last edited by f4sak3n on Apr 11, 2015, 6:03:01 AM
Any way this build could run UBER Atziri?

would really like to know!!

Thanks!!
//Axdie
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
Finally took the time to read through a all the pages, after coming back to the main build several times.
I must say it's fantastuc, the guide, the amount theory crafting, and the amount of others contributing. This is what makes the Poe community amazing in comparison to most games.

I think I may start a new duelist, with strong hopes 1.4 doesn't damage this build to much.

Are there some gems i should start with 15% quality and add gcps to 20, or are most able to be leveled to 20 then recipe and lvl to 20 again?

also, why not take the 40life in normal bandits quest?
Last edited by Rant on Apr 14, 2015, 11:21:06 AM
Just warning you that burn prolif, which is the key to this build, is VERY likely to be nerfed in one way or another in the next patch, since it is so powerful and overused right now.
"
Addister wrote:
Finally took the time to read through a all the pages, after coming back to the main build several times.
I must say it's fantastuc, the guide, the amount theory crafting, and the amount of others contributing. This is what makes the Poe community amazing in comparison to most games.

I think I may start a new duelist, with strong hopes 1.4 doesn't damage this build to much.

Are there some gems i should start with 15% quality and add gcps to 20, or are most able to be leveled to 20 then recipe and lvl to 20 again?

also, why not take the 40life in normal bandits quest?

Thanks for checking out the pages, the support i got for this build has been amazing, especially around the time 1.3 was releasing, all the guys in the community builds section have shaped this build along the way and i thank them too.

with 15% quality gem i usually just spend the 5 gcp's, which is about 15c or so.

+40 life is optional. I just happened to pick the passive point at the time (this is my first ever character).

---

This build survived the great crit nerf of 1.3 and came out stronger. I have the same amount of optimism this time around.

Between jewels, new skills, new support skills, new weapons and a host of other things, i am certain that this build can adapt.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I started levelling today. Decided static strike was a better choice, and elreon happened to have a q16 for an alch. So I blasted through 1-20, plenty of levelling uniques to make my life easy this far. Will hopefully get some more time tomorrow.
is that a new avatar in your profile pic? looks nice?

Hey i wanted to as you fiqst what are your thoughts on the future of this build in 2.0/awakening? Do you think that fortify buff could help us?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
There are a bunch of new avatars on our profile pages, check them out :)

my thoughts on 2.0:

The pictures i've seen of the skill tree, it hasn't changed drastically, especially in the duelist/shadow areas. Hopefully the pathing will suit us.

Burn prolif will get a serious nerf, and will make or break this build. But i believe its more about limiting the power of flameblast than it is about HoA prolif.

Vigilant strike might become the main attack but i'll have to see how effective Daresso's Defiance is. The strain of keeping up endurance charges to power both VS and IC might be too much for the chest.

Fortify seems like the ultimate melee buff, i will definitely use it in all my builds. It has been confirmed that Vigilant Strike is not the only way to get Fortify and you can get it in support gem form. So whether or not Vigilant Strike becomes the main attack, a Fortify support gem connected to flicker might be the way to go.
New skills, new possibilities:

Notice that these are spells and therefore can be used with cwdt/coc.
I like how you can choose between offence and defence.

This could be our new cwdt 4L:

RRR B/G/R
cwdt
inc duration
immortal call
golem

Possible link with flicker as secondary:

GGRB
flicker
fortify
coc
ass mark

"
fiqst wrote:
New skills, new possibilities:

Notice that these are spells and therefore can be used with cwdt/coc.
I like how you can choose between offence and defence.

This could be our new cwdt 4L:

RRR B/G/R
cwdt
inc duration
immortal call
golem

Possible link with flicker as secondary:

GGRB
flicker
fortify
coc
ass mark

maybe replace add fire damage with fortify. the fortify gem also increases your damage and you can keep using dual strike. so you don't have to worry about endurance charges for vigilant strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info