[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

"

maybe replace add fire damage with fortify. the fortify gem also increases your damage and you can keep using dual strike. so you don't have to worry about endurance charges for vigilant strike.

yes gotta see what the new gems will be like.
Fingers crossed for the beta key
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.

This has the unfortunate effect of lowering HoA overkill damage to about 100% (from 140%).

This doesn't seem to be that bad since counting all the modifiers, we do about 350%. Lowering this to 310% won't hurt much. It's the equivalent of removing the inc burning gem.

I hope that this is the only change to HoA Prolif.

"
fiqst wrote:

This has the unfortunate effect of lowering HoA overkill damage to about 100% (from 140%).

This doesn't seem to be that bad since counting all the modifiers, we do about 350%. Lowering this to 310% won't hurt much. It's the equivalent of removing the inc burning gem.

I hope that this is the only change to HoA Prolif.

I just saw this on reddit. I'm kind of happy with this nerf. this effects HoA not that mutch. But it makes Flame blast a lot weaker.

And I'm thinking of making a 2H Crit flicker strike build that also works with HoA and prolif. Maybe you can help with that?
You might want to check out my other build Conan the Barista

RT and Cleave, but it utilises HoA burn Prolif and double cursing ele weakness and flammability to lower target fire resists by 78%.

The playstyle is similar to this build where I use flicker to close in on targets and to inflict AoE double curses before using a CQC cleave.

I plan to expand Conan in A4 to incorporate cyclone, since it's mana costs have halved.
"
fiqst wrote:
You might want to check out my other build Conan the Barista

RT and Cleave, but it utilises HoA burn Prolif and double cursing ele weakness and flammability to lower target fire resists by 78%.

The playstyle is similar to this build where I use flicker to close in on targets and to inflict AoE double curses before using a CQC cleave.

I plan to expand Conan in A4 to incorporate cyclone, since it's mana costs have halved.

It look's like a nice build. I will keep a eye on it for the 2.0 changes.
Some beta news:

Dual Strike loses crit chance on quality. It's now attack speed on quality. This is saddening.
It looks like DS is no longer BiS.

---

With Hatred, pretty much every mob we hit gets micro-frozen enough to shatter on death.

4% of 4500hp = 180 every time we shatter.

----

Nerf to IC.

I knew they will eventually nerf the duration of this and Vaal IC. It was too easy to Vaal IC your way through Uber.

Note the crit chance of this Bino found in the beta.

I calculated the base crit chance to be 6.6%, down from 6.8%.

This might indicate a nerf of all dagger base crit across the board.
Last edited by fiqst on Apr 22, 2015, 9:02:02 PM
All in all though, most of these nerfs don't affect the build that much. It was op, now it'll be less op but still op. The most effective nerf would be killing prolif, but it's not dead. I'm hyped about how we'll integrate fortify into this build.
It looks like we're going to be fine.

We have to wait and see what the crit chance changes are going to be in the end. Bino base crit down 0.2% and no crit chance on DS quality might be just the beginning.
How do you think the Ondar's nerf, etc will factor in with fortify? Perhaps going IR to reduce spikes in damage?
It's all trial and error. As per usual, I'll probably spend a few regrets after respec to see what's best.

The Ondars nerf will most like drop it from the build.

This build used to use IR before switching to hybrid. The reasons for the switch were stun locks, they became too annoying and caused a few deaths.

Let's see if there's changes to armour in the expansion, maybe it's worth taking IR and US.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info