[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Viable build w/o acuity and a 6l ? i guess w/o a 6l should be ok you will lose dps from faster attacks but still ok
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Hey there, loved your video. great job.

Thanks very much for those kind words. I made this build to have fun and involves lots of button mashing (whirling-flicking-melting) and its very exciting.

"
pelll wrote:
Viable build w/o acuity and a 6l ? i guess w/o a 6l should be ok you will lose dps from faster attacks but still ok

When i get used to the playstyle (coming from cyclone), i will definitely start investigating other equipment and budgets, much the same way i did with Cyclonus.

This is a start:

5L:
RRRRB
molten
melee phys
added fire
multi

Buffed with Grace and Ash, no charges
102k with a 5 link and inexpensive gear

A friend followed cyclonus with bino+snakebite with good success so i think thats something i'd like to try with this build.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Click on picture for new video:

Last edited by fiqst on Oct 15, 2014, 9:04:59 AM
"
fiqst wrote:
Click on picture for new video:

Saved space and removed pic

Good:
1) Nice clear speed
2) Good single target dps
3) Dagger use allows for quicker movement with Whirling Blades (better than leap slam).

Neutral:
1) Uses Blood Rage.
2) Uses flicker for power charges and movement.

Bad:
1) Easy map mods. Can it do -max resist? Reflect map? Blood magic?
2) 4.4k life with. Saw you almost get 1-shot twice.
3) Abyssus' more physical damage taken.

How often do you die to being 1-shot or to reflect (especially if no Atziri's Acuity)? Please corret me if I'm wrong, but you seem to rely heavily on Acuity.
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Oct 15, 2014, 10:09:09 AM
From his other build, without acuity you have to use lightning coil. Before 1.2 and when belly became substantially more powerful, he used LC even with the god gloves.

Though I do wonder how you have only 4.5k life while using belly.

For me being able to run blood rage is a huge plus.

As for the almost dying, I think that is because with proliferation you aren't really attacking all the time and getting constant leech.

For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
litesabr wrote:

Bad:
1) Easy map mods. Can it do -max resist? Reflect map? Blood magic?
2) 4.4k life with. Saw you almost get 1-shot twice.
3) Abyssus' more physical damage taken.

How often do you die to being 1-shot or to reflect (especially if no Atziri's Acuity)? Please corret me if I'm wrong, but you seem to rely heavily on Acuity.

Good points, thank you.

1) Max resist is fine as long as i slow things down. Depending on reflect mod i replace either melee phys or added fire with a LGoH gem. Blood magic requires a different playstyle since i'd drop ash and grace.

2) 4.4k is fine for me, 4.8 if i drop ming's. I have 90+ crit chance so maintaining mana and life are no problem as long as i'm hitting things. In these video i am especially aggressive for the sake of entertainment but if i were serious, i wouldn't take on so many foes at once and risk getting shotgunned.

3) I use Abyssus with belly and acuity because my crit chance is high enough that i can usually out-leech damage. Otherwise i would only use abyssus with a coil.

I do rely heavily on acuity, and i have built around the gloves as focal point.

If i didn't have these gloves, this build would be completely different. For instance, i would not use abyssus without a coil and I would not use ming's heart.

I made this build to be faster than your average melee, thats why i flicker into groups and blow things up with abyssus. Any build is hardcore viable if you slow-play things and kite.

This is a alternative/defensive setup:

Rat's Nest / Lightning Coil build

"
fiqst wrote:
"
SteKrz wrote:
Why not ele. weakness?

Vulnerability for physical weakness on the foe I'm attacking, this gives more life leech from blood rage. It's also to curse every mob around it for 33% more burning damage.

I'm preety sure elemantal weakness is better damage-wise in most cases, but more leech is an argument (idk if u really need it with ur dmg).
Damage wise it's better, no doubt.

To me, it's about balancing physical and ele damage to deal with reflect. The more physical leeching I can do the better and it protects me against ele reflect. It's also the main reason I use blood rage.
Alternate Bino's Kitchen Knife build

Price Breakdown:
Bino's = 12ex
catalyst = 3ex
6L Belly = 32ex
Abyssus = 1ex
Boots = 7ex
belt = 4ex
Ming's = 6ex
Amulet = 3ex
Ring = 1ex

total = 69ex

Buffed with : Grace, Ash, 4xPC, 3xFC, regen

Notice the 4k life regen. 90% life regen per sec!
Forgive the cold resistance, i haven't had a chance to replace jewellery

Click on picture for video

Completely rewritten guide from the ground up and now is relaunched as a Bino/snakebite/catalyst build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info