[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Gotta admit it, I love your glass cannon builds.
Added Atziri videos from both Hatred builds:

Click here for Bino's build Atziri

Click here for End Game equipment build Atziri

"
Gotta admit it, I love your glass cannon builds.

I'll take it as a compliment, thank you
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Oct 30, 2014, 2:28:35 AM
Changed the build with new stats, equipment and screens.

- Replaced Grace gem for Hatred
- Normal build with bino/snakebite/catalyst equal billing with the advanced spec
Does hatred's freezing/shattering via crits not impinge on the HoA prolif?

Last edited by hanchals on Nov 6, 2014, 10:26:42 AM
"
hanchals wrote:
Does hatred's freezing/shattering via crits not impinge on the HoA prolif?

I did testing on that very question.

I read originally that shattered bodies makes the overkill function useless, and this is true. But not for ele prolif.

What I learnt is that the first kill does indeed shatter, but only after proliferating the burn to surrounding mobs. It's strange but effective.

From this testing I dropped grace for hatred

Added a section on hatred and ash in the notes
Last edited by fiqst on Nov 6, 2014, 4:03:46 PM
"
fiqst wrote:

I'll be starting a LS version of this build soon...

Very interesting build and well written guide in general. Love all the Trek references.

Questions on consistency:
1. Molten Strike is the focus attack, videos showcase use of dual strike. I understand the logic but think it would be good to explain it in the guide with gem links.

2. Quoted above abut lightning strike. You hit insane DPS. You referenced a version coming for that. I, like others, would be interested to see exactly how you achieved that.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Hi, thanks for the interest.

To answer your questions:

I was testing out different attack types and the dual strike videos and that LS screen were part of that.

Inspired by this build, and seeing the astounding dps i tried LS, the screen was taken with full charges, full flasks, vaal haste with auras from a party. I didn't really like LS that much as a skill so i abandoned it.

In the vids, I wanted a version specifically for Atziri with a focus on single target and massive overkill damage.

Dual Strike was the most powerful:

Bino's

Dragon Hunger

It dominated the boss fights, but the slow attack speed made it cumbersome in mapping. The RRRRBG colours makes it easy to swap between

I will definitely upload proper MS vids, including Atziri, in the future.
"
fiqst wrote:
Hi, thanks for the interest.

Thanks for the response. In your testing what are your top pro's and con's for molten Strike vs. Dual Strike?

One could state that Dual Strike could be superior due what you said: massive overkill damage. One shot a single enemy Whirling Blades to the next pack.

One could also logically conclude that Molten Strike is superior due to the fire conversion, projectiles and ability to greatly increase damage through Weapon Elemental Damage scaling.

Thanks again.

"
Dongaldo wrote:

Thanks for the response. In your testing what are your top pro's and con's for molten Strike vs. Dual Strike?

Physical reflect is the biggest factor.

DS clears Apex faster against high health blue mobs and bosses, but in fast paced mapping, miss sight of that phys reflect mob and you one shot yourself.

MS has low phys damage and with 76% fire resist, you have plenty of time to react against reflect mobs (either type) and use a flask. A ruby flask alone reduces fire damage by 42%. Most of the time a flask isnt even needed.

I clear faster in Apex with DS, map faster with MS

MS also has the use of the lava balls themselves, they could be used as a weaker attack to deal with reflect (swing at the air) and to clear trash mobs behind you with the delayed blast.

Last edited by fiqst on Nov 7, 2014, 8:39:30 PM
hello,

This build looks very interesting and I want to try it ou.
But is it possible for you to post a few lower level skill trees so I know how to build mine duelist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info