[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Hey man, i love your guide. It's very detailed and made up to be understood by everyone. I have a question now. For budget reasons i can't permit a GG belt like yours so i was thinking about a doryani's. Should i take a phys or fire one? and if i'd have to take a fire one, does the the fire leech apply also to the burning overkill of Herald of Ash?
Sorry for my not so good english :)

Edit: do you think this build is also ranger viable? i'll post soon a tree that i think might work too :)
Last edited by Or4colo on Dec 15, 2014, 8:59:36 AM
"
Or4colo wrote:
Hey man, i love your guide. It's very detailed and made up to be understood by everyone. I have a question now. For budget reasons i can't permit a GG belt like yours so i was thinking about a doryani's. Should i take a phys or fire one? and if i'd have to take a fire one, does the the fire leech apply also to the burning overkill of Herald of Ash?
Sorry for my not so good english :)

Edit: do you think this build is also ranger viable? i'll post soon a tree that i think might work too :)

Hi!

This is the Ranger tree i've made:

110 points

The tree is based on the original tree i developed on patch day, before i rerouted it from ranger to marauder. Totally viable with similar dps.

I chose the eva/life path to start plus the 8% attack speed, you might want to change it if you want.

With the belt, i actually bought it for 2 ex and crafted life on it, but if you want an invitation, choose physical. fire leech does not work with burn
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Rebuilt this thread to be a DS build, i've changed all the screens and stats to reflect this change.

I'll start recording vids and update that section next
The coolest thing about this build is it's customization potential. Since the very beginning, I've being playing around with alternate/minor personal adjustments. This is what I'm currently playing with:

Gear

"

Nothing special about the gear, aside from a sexy Corrupted helmet with Cast on Crit. I extensively use every concept on Vulcan's plus a couple of tricks.

Movement

- Quickly jump from mob pack to pack with Whirling Blades.
- WB carries Elemental Proliferation (thanks etherfire for the tip) and also fiqst's CoC+IC+ID trick
- So, for each pack engaged, there is a good chance that I'll be freezing the whole pack for a split second and/or getting physically immune for 6 secs.
- WB as movement skill has 2 cool features: It hits multiple mobs (more chance to proc IC); It uses only your dagger (more chance to crit/freeze and proliferate and/or proc IC).

DPS

- Main Attack is Dual Strike with Physical to Lightning modifier (plus original mods).
- This approach effectively makes your character behave as if it was using a Lightning Coil.
- P2L mod split our damage into 2 kinds, making reflect (phys/ele) manageable.
- Dual Strike is the strongest possible hit, wich in turn generates the strongest possible HoA overkill.

Defenses

- Mainly using Enfeeble as curse (to cover for the absence of block), but still play around with AM.
- Keeping a second IC triggered by low level Cwdt. Daresso's endurances are enought to keep this and the CoC IC.
- When playing at parties, I switch from Hatred to Grace (due to mob's bigger hp pool, you get to withstand some potential damage otherwise non existent due to one-shoting everything before they hit you).

Stats (gems are still leveling - lots of gems without qualy):

4400 hp
177k hatred without charges
201k hatred with frenzies
229k hatred with frenzies and power charges

143k grace without charges
163k grace with frenzies
185k grace with frenzies and power charges

Current tree at 89 (106 pt)

"
Experimental stuff

I've being testing with Vengeance reactive skill as a replacement for the second cwdt: It didn't got me excited as a curse delivery method (stuff usually dies before getting a chance to hit me) and it isn't really great as dps (even with 3 support gems). I've being testing it with melee splash and life-gain-on-hit support to see if it's a nice counter against multiple simultaneous hits (flicker strike mob packs), but results weren't promising. Pending on further testing.

Using Spell Totem + Grace on CoC Movement Gem (WB) is cool too.

Also, thinking about wearing one or 2 of these rings to get reflect damage definitely under control:

And yeah, I'm this cute:

Last edited by junaum on Dec 15, 2014, 10:51:56 AM
Fantastic stuff! I've added your build to the OP, thanks for that!

That helmet is great with an epic crit roll too.

How does the prolif work with WB? You're only doing physical damage so there's no ele status?
"
fiqst wrote:
How does the prolif work with WB?

Hatred (or any source of cold dmg on gear) is enough to proc freezes and chills. It will work with Flicker too (probably even better, as flicker has additional quality critical chance).

Freezing doesn't happen as often as I would expect though. But procs enough to be fun =)
Just hit level 60 in Torment. Things are getting...hard. On Merc Act 2 atm, and my health is starting to spike all over the place. I just fought the boss in the Chamber of Sins and he almost one shot me.

Maybe you awesome guys can give me some advice. Any idea what gear milestones I should be looking for to progress without fear of dying as much? Here's my stats:
-2.1k life
-47% phys reduction
-Resists are 35% fire, 75% cold, 13% lightning, -36% chaos
-4k tooltip dps on molten strike with frenzy charges; crit chance nonexistent so far

Current passives (trying to go for life mostly while picking up dps along the way):

Gear (everything self found but gems)
Spoiler

Any tips would be appreciated :). I have a couple questions too...
1. Can someone explain how I should be setting up enduring cry/immortal call with my CWDT gem?
2. At what point in your gearing does the overkill burn become enough to kill most (weaker) mobs? With 4k tooltip dps I'm not hitting nearly hard enough to burn anything for much so I removed ele prolif for now.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for any help with this awesome build :)
Last edited by Reicta on Dec 15, 2014, 9:59:58 PM
Get your life up to at least 3k immediately if you can and cap your resists asap. Try to get a 180+ pdps dagger as soon as you can too. Wait a few days until the doryani's becomes common from the poeple farming atziri and get that too. Finally, when you no longer feel squishy, get an abyssus. That will double your damage.

With twink gear in standard, you are able to hit 20k dps by level 60 with an abyssus easily. Since that isn't your case, just progress to merciless as soon as you can and farm docks and sarn for chaos and atziri fragments to upgrade your gear.

By the way something that makes me really mad is that you would have been in a much better place had you started tornado shot. That way with barely any gear you could have farmed atziri and become rich. It's like another big f***you to melee players.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Get your life up to at least 3k immediately if you can and cap your resists asap. Try to get a 180+ pdps dagger as soon as you can too. Wait a few days until the doryani's becomes common from the poeple farming atziri and get that too. Finally, when you no longer feel squishy, get an abyssus. That will double your damage.

With twink gear in standard, you are able to hit 20k dps by level 60 with an abyssus easily. Since that isn't your case, just progress to merciless as soon as you can and farm docks and sarn for chaos and atziri fragments to upgrade your gear.

By the way something that makes me really mad is that you would have been in a much better place had you started tornado shot. That way with barely any gear you could have farmed atziri and become rich. It's like another big f***you to melee players.

I will try to up my life. Any particular ways of going about this or should I just look for any pieces with +life? Am looking for a high phys weapon but they haven't been too common lately.

This is actually my first melee char. I like it but I do feel like I have to be on my A-game a lot or I die.
Life on gear. As melee you have to know when to run away, until your dps reaches the point where you can oneshot bosses.

For your weapon, at low levels, anything 150+ pdpd with 8+ crit will do, into better gear comes on the market or you can afford to get a bino's.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info