[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Thanks for trying the build.

I think your low resists might be causing the spikes. I'd try to max them if you can.

Your gear is looking alright, I'd try to link the 4th gem in the chest so you can use added fire, which will help your damage output quite a lot.

Once you get to act 3 you can start concentrating on accumulating wealth to gather the things you need.

In your boots I'd replace molten shell with immortal call, this will give you physical immunity for 1-2 secs every few hits taken. Keep everything in that set low level so it activates more often.

HoA is best used with ele Prolif, this is what creates the whole screen burn that you see. HoA alone doesn't really do much. And you're right, your damage output isn't enough yet to have an effective overkill.

This build I would say is quite hard to do self found, I believe you will have to do some trading at some point to get what you need. The power of this build relies on gearing and items that would take you weeks to find yourself, if at all.

I will definitely help you maximise your build as you go, keep me informed of your progress. Cheers.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
Thanks for trying the build.

Advice
Spoiler
I think your low resists might be causing the spikes. I'd try to max them if you can.

Your gear is looking alright, I'd try to link the 4th gem in the chest so you can use added fire, which will help your damage output quite a lot.

Once you get to act 3 you can start concentrating on accumulating wealth to gather the things you need.

In your boots I'd replace molten shell with immortal call, this will give you physical immunity for 1-2 secs every few hits taken. Keep everything in that set low level so it activates more often.

HoA is best used with ele Prolif, this is what creates the whole screen burn that you see. HoA alone doesn't really do much. And you're right, your damage output isn't enough yet to have an effective overkill.

This build I would say is quite hard to do self found, I believe you will have to do some trading at some point to get what you need. The power of this build relies on gearing and items that would take you weeks to find yourself, if at all.

I will definitely help you maximise your build as you go, keep me informed of your progress. Cheers.

Thanks for all the help! 75% is the resist cap right? I'm not doing self found, what I said was misleading. I'll work on upping my resists and life, I'm new to using poetrade but it sounds like I need to check it out more.

"
Etherfire wrote:
Life on gear. As melee you have to know when to run away, until your dps reaches the point where you can oneshot bosses.

For your weapon, at low levels, anything 150+ pdpd with 8+ crit will do, into better gear comes on the market or you can afford to get a bino's.

Something like this?
Last edited by Reicta on Dec 15, 2014, 10:56:10 PM
That dagger is quite good! Bench craft crit chance in it and you're good to go, very nice find so early in the league.
Awesome dagger. That thing will have you set for the entire content including atziri.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
No self finding there. I just bought it for a chaos. Should my other weapon just be something similar to that for now?

When would you suggest starting to pick up some crit nodes? I haven't taken any yet, even the nearby ones, to beeline life instead.

Edit: That dagger bumped me from 4k dps buffed to 5.1k.
Edit 2: Added 24% crit chance on it, bringing me up a bit. Looking good!
Edit 3: Got the 4 link on chest. Added fire upped me a whopping 1k dps. Currently at 6.2k dps with hatred, ash and three frenzy charges.
Last edited by Reicta on Dec 16, 2014, 2:02:41 AM
Start taking a few of them gradually. They are what will cause your dps to skyrocket.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Added a Shipyard video

minmaxing courtesy of CritFifyTwo (TheFox7)

new tree

Changes:

- Dropped 4 nodes at Berserking (18% AS, +10 STR)
- Added Duelist starting AS node (6% AS, 12% acc)
- Added Shadow node (4% AS)
- Added 2x Ranger nodes Quickstep (9% AS, 6% ms)

gained 1%AS, 12% acc, 6% ms, -10STR

- Dropped 5 nodes at Blood Drinker (20% life, 2% Leech, +20 DEX)
- Added Shadow node (+10% phys)
- Added Marauder 4x nodes (17% life, 30% armour)

gained 30% armour, -3% life, -2% leech, -20DEX

Last edited by fiqst on Dec 16, 2014, 8:15:45 AM
How about lightning strike?or light strike doesnt scale with melee physc dmg?
"
stambo4 wrote:
How about lightning strike?or light strike doesnt scale with melee physc dmg?

Lightning strike is less powerful than dual strike, but is slightly more than MS. Using a P2L gem with it will give you pure lightning damage, which might be a bit dangerous against ele reflect. Ele Weakness is a great choice for a curse with LS/MS

P2L gem is the new crit damage replacement but you have to decide between a full ele attack or hybrid when using it.
Hey Fiqst,

I'm trying something new, might as well share here:

Since we lost Block, I noticed that most of my trouble was related to multiple chained (or simultaneous) hits. Block was the one thing giving us room to Pot or Regen (or run) at critical situations. Dodge mechanics is pretty similar to Block (it will either avoid all dmg, or nothing), so I thought: Why not?

Burned 2 dozen regrets and gone full RNG!

Chance to Dodge 46% (with some Courtesy of Daresso's chest)
Chance to Dodge Spells 30%
Chance to evade 32%
Chance to evade 49% (with grace)
Armour 12%
Life down to 4.2k
Dps increased 10k+

This is the tree I'm using right now (level 89 Duelist - Cobra_Fumante - 106 pt).

Man, new life for me. My character can breath again. Yes, when I get physical hits It hurts a bit more, but that's why I have 2 Immortal Calls being procced all the time (from whirling blades and cwdt). But most importantly, only 1 out of 3/4 hits actually hit me, which synergises with Bino's regen very nicely.

Any suggestions/help on min/maxing my tree would be most welcome!

PS. I´ve also tested an Adler's touch edition on my 86 Ranger character (FISGADA). DPS impact is about 20% IF you decide to keep all regen nodes and Blood Rage (using maligaro). But I strongly believe that the coolest thing about Adler's touch would be to actually DROP regen nodes AND Blood Rage, investing in more DPS nodes (and maybe trying to generates frenzies from a gear piece). So I'll respect again when I get enough Regrets and test that too. Note that It's a different class, so there is no objective way to compare Adler's touch edition with Snakebite per se - and it's really pending more testing.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 16, 2014, 12:57:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info