[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

"
fiqst wrote:

i've never tried uber, i'm too much of a hoarder to part with 10ex to test.

In 1.2 i breezed through atziri, facetanking the trio with just life flasks and i usually go deathless.

I've watched many uber runs, including the ones from litesabr and ZMA, who have similar builds, and they utilise common tactics in their uber runs. I'm sure that this build can do it if i were to use the same tactics

Thanks for reply.

Other question > If i haven't got a lot money (example : for Atziri's Acuity), could i use "Vaal Pact keystone" with Bino's Kitchen Knife or other rare dagger?
Exile!
"

Other question > If i haven't got a lot money (example : for Atziri's Acuity), could i use "Vaal Pact keystone" with Bino's Kitchen Knife or other rare dagger?

The beauty of Bino is the life regen. 3k-6k life regen is possible with binos and that lasts for 2 seconds, which is extended by killing another mob. The result is an almost constant uptime of 80-120% life regen per second, this was almost as good as acuity in 1.2, and since the acuity and crit chance got nerfed, it may be even better.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 14, 2014, 5:58:54 PM
"
junaum wrote:
I'm as male as it gets =)

So, about the use of Phy/Lightning gem - it's blending perfectly with Dual Strike. Now, half my damage is Phys, half elemental. That means I don't one-shot myself on any kind of reflect mob, giving me time to properly react (identify the reflect mob, bail out, pot, use lesser attack skill). Dual strike is also our best possible single target dps to feed HoA`s overkill. It's really starting to sound like the current best option for main attack of this build. Unless we head full Raiden with your new Static Strike + Purity of lightning approach.

Please post some of your stats and gear so i can add a spoiler with your build, you are certainly welcome to create a new thread, i for one, would love to see your full set up, as would others.
My build is your build fiqst. So I'd rather keep all information and minor improvements on this thread you so gracefully keep. For some mysterious reason, I`m not being able to link my items (can't open character panel on PoE website), so I'll come back later with a proper report.

Hey man,

Whats your thougts about static strike? Iø've used it to this build and it seems like i have a simular effect like the molten, though it seems like the aoe is bigger with quality :)
"
bloody_betty wrote:
Hey man,

Whats your thougts about static strike? Iø've used it to this build and it seems like i have a simular effect like the molten, though it seems like the aoe is bigger with quality :)

Check out "Raiden", it's my ongoing static strike experiment using the same equipment as this build.

I'll complete the guide once I have everything maxed
Junaum has been using dual strike with P2L. I am now totally convinced that DS is the future of this build.

DS was the highest dps and fastest clearing skill for this build in 1.2, but was undesirable simply because of physical reflect, there was too much physical damage outputted to mitigate properly.

Physical to Lightning is the game changer.

Spreading out the damage between ele and physical was the original reason I chose molten strike, but now that P2L is available, this has made DS the best hybrid skill.

The next update to this build will be the transition to DS.

All credit to Junaum, who knew the potential has been using ds since patch.

For those that do this build with a second doryani's, here's a small tip. Put leap slam in the doryani's catalyst and watch as the entire screen freezes as you jump on them.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
How does lightning strike fare as the primary skill? Or is there another way to shock?
EDIT: I guess physical to lightning solves this anyway ...

Also, would you really lose that much by getting Adder's Touch? Seems like freeing up the glove slot would be pretty nice.
Last edited by LightsEdge on Dec 15, 2014, 4:01:27 AM
"
LightsEdge wrote:
How does lightning strike fare as the primary skill? Or is there another way to shock?
EDIT: I guess physical to lightning solves this anyway ...

Also, would you really lose that much by getting Adder's Touch? Seems like freeing up the glove slot would be pretty nice.

Addler's touch is 8 points away, the dagger nodes are quite juicy but the bonuses only apply to daggers. I might make a dual wield dagger variant one day and i'll try it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info