Elreon multiple crafting mod is broken?

"
terrex wrote:

How is this any different than multi client dom farming? Capitalizing on weapon crafts efficiently. Maybe the flaring adjustment should have came first?

:)

adjusting flaring just makes it even harder to find gear, I dont agree with that change. So its harder to craft gear quite as op, and its also harder to find that gear. That bow doesnt even have T1 flat as its a stupidly op bow anyway. How many hours of multiclient dom farming does it take to find a weapon like the ones I posted? Youve done a fair bit of that terry, how many daggers and bows like the ones in the pic you found doing it? Sure you get a shitload more currency, but not enough to craft anything close to these weapons in a couple of weeks.

I dont think mf should have as much effect as it does, I think mfing in general and particularly multiboxing is slightly broken too, nowhere near on this scale but in its own little way its broken and bad for the game. No harm to people who do it, its in the game so if you can take advantage of it why wouldnt you? I mf the shit out of this game. ARPGs are all about that min/max, if theres a way to get further faster you do it, thats the point of the game, its wrong to expect players to not take advantage of what is on offer. But, that means the devs have to make sure what is on offer is fun, somewhat balanced and meaningful.

If I min/max nest league I level to late 70s in 2 days, then zerg masters through trade chat for a few weeks, then I am right back to where I was on softcore. Is that fun? Is there any meaning in that? Is it rewarding? Imo no, its not, and neither is pretending it doesnt exist and playing the game inefficiently within a trade environment. Only way I can see to bring any meaning to the game is to go strictly single player, self found, thats all that is left now, multiplayer softcore poe is now as meaningful as games you can just mod and dupe items. When you actually had to work for gear like that for months and months and months there was a game there, those months were the game, once u got that level of gear it was over and those months felt rewarding. The trade game is virtually all end now with no journey, its like buying a book, reading the last page and then throwing it in the bin. Sure you got to find out what happened, but ultimately as an experience its completely worthless, the only worth in the end was the journey of reading it from page 1.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

How is this any different than multi client dom farming? Capitalizing on weapon crafts efficiently. Maybe the flaring adjustment should have came first?

:)

adjusting flaring just makes it even harder to find gear, I dont agree with that change. So its harder to craft gear quite as op, and its also harder to find that gear. That bow doesnt even have T1 flat as its a stupidly op bow anyway. How many hours of multiclient dom farming does it take to find a weapon like the ones I posted? Youve done a fair bit of that terry, how many daggers and bows like the ones in the pic you found doing it? Sure you get a shitload more currency, but not enough to craft anything close to these weapons in a couple of weeks.

I dont think mf should have as much effect as it does, I think mfing in general and particularly multiboxing is slightly broken too, nowhere near on this scale but in its own little way its broken and bad for the game. No harm to people who do it, its in the game so if you can take advantage of it why wouldnt you? I mf the shit out of this game. ARPGs are all about that min/max, if theres a way to get further faster you do it, thats the point of the game, its wrong to expect players to not take advantage of what is on offer. But, that means the devs have to make sure what is on offer is fun, somewhat balanced and meaningful.

If I min/max nest league I level to late 70s in 2 days, then zerg masters through trade chat for a few weeks, then I am right back to where I was on softcore. Is that fun? Is there any meaning in that? Is it rewarding? Imo no, its not, and neither is pretending it doesnt exist and playing the game inefficiently within a trade environment. Only way I can see to bring any meaning to the game is to go strictly single player, self found, thats all that is left now, multiplayer softcore poe is now as meaningful as games you can just mod and dupe items. When you actually had to work for gear like that for months and months and months there was a game there, those months were the game, once u got that level of gear it was over and those months felt rewarding. The trade game is virtually all end now with no journey, its like buying a book, reading the last page and then throwing it in the bin. Sure you got to find out what happened, but ultimately as an experience its completely worthless, the only worth in the end was the journey of reading it from page 1.

I can craft anything.

You got the case of the "I can do this so that means its broken" completely disregarding other players experience.
Last edited by terrex on Oct 3, 2014, 2:10:02 PM
"
POE202 wrote:

First of, let me clarify. I don't have a single mirrored item, not playing a 4000k dps char. I play solo and did little to no trading

good for you, I mean that, I have upmost respect for you. Sadly, there was actually a trading game here that worked, another way of playing that functioned and had meaning. Now the way you are playing in the only respectable way of playing, that is my issue.

Dont be too quick to get that level of gear mate, because once you have it there is nothing left to play for, you cant upgrade anything, its just going through the motions for the sake of it. Getting that gear is the end, if you want the game to be over you can uninstall any time you want, if you want a reaon to keep playing then do youself a favour and never get close to mirror gear. the only thing left worth signing on for once you have it is the trade game, which has now been completely fucked.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
POE202 wrote:

First of, let me clarify. I don't have a single mirrored item, not playing a 4000k dps char. I play solo and did little to no trading

good for you, I mean that, I have upmost respect for you. Sadly, there was actually a trading game here that worked, another way of playing that functioned and had meaning. Now the way you are playing in the only respectable way of playing, that is my issue.

Dont be too quick to get that level of gear mate, because once you have it there is nothing left to play for, you cant upgrade anything, its just going through the motions for the sake of it. Getting that gear is the end, if you want the game to be over you can uninstall any time you want, if you want a reaon to keep playing then do youself a favour and never get close to mirror gear. the only thing left worth signing on for once you have it is the trade game, which has now been completely fucked.

I don't understand.. So from this logic, you work up to a strong character and once it's strong enough to kill in 1-2 hits then the game is over?

What about the gg leveling uniques etc.. On almost all of my chars in Rampage i've 1-2 shot 1-65+.
Silly Terrex, you arent actually playing those characters. Its an illusion.

You can only actually play the game if youre poor and struggling to kill. Because only one persons concept of fun is relevant. hur dur.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
terrex wrote:

I can craft anything.

You got the case of the "I can do this so that means its broken" completely disregarding other players experience.

yeah but in what timeframe? How long has it taken you to get to the point where you can craft anything with orbs? I am thinking of others experience, I mourn that the long game we have enjoyed has been taken away from them for their sake. It doesnt matter where you are at as long as theres something to keep going for, take that away and you take away the game, this robs players of the long lived game the veterans have enjoyed. Near mirror level gear in a few weeks, lvl100 in 3 weeks, where did the game go? Where did the promise of developing characters for years go? Its now like diablo 3, boot it up, grind for a month and youre done. Even if you had stupid game over gears you could always play the next ladder, now the ladders are as pointless as standard league from a traders point of view.

For self found its fine, thats the game now, is that a good thing? Well, maybe ya, but its a terrible, terrible shame that its no longer a choice for people who wanted a change that challenged them. The whole business model of this game revolves around multiplayer, a trade economy, a long game you can play for years and keep progression, that vision is now dead imo.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

I can craft anything.

yeah but in what timeframe? How long has it taken you to get to the point where you can craft anything with orbs? I am thinking of others experience, I mourn that the long game we have enjoyed has been taken away from them for their sake. It doesnt matter where you are at as long as theres something to keep going for, take that away and you take away the game, this robs players of the long lived game the veterans have enjoyed. Near mirror level gear in a few weeks, lvl100 in 3 weeks, where did the game go? Where did the promise of developing characters for years go? Its now like diablo 3, boot it up, grind for a month and youre done. Even if you had stupid game over gears you could always play the next ladder, now the ladders are as pointless as standard league from a traders point of view.

For self found its fine, thats the game now, is that a good thing? Well, maybe ya, but its a terrible, terrible shame that its no longer a choice for people who wanted a change that challenged them. The whole business model of this game revolves around multiplayer, a trade economy, a long game you can play for years and keep progression, that vision is now dead imo.

Stop assuming everyone plays no life.
"
terrex wrote:

the game before could accomidate no lifing. It doesnt matter where you are in progression, its all the same thing until you reach a point where theres nowhere left to go. By bringing "people with a life" closer to that point you dont give them anything, theyre still on a journey, all you are doing is demolishing the length of the game for the no lifers and knowledgeable players so that casual players can be miles closer to having nothing left to do too.

If they wanted to make the game more rewarding they should have made the game more rewarding. Want players to be able to make that level of gear in a few weeks? Then buff exalted and eternal drops by a factor of 100, buff the rare drops from mobs by epic amounts, actually make playing the game rewarding. Not have a game that is completely stingy and unrewarding to play and then have this little thing on the side that is so much more rewarding than actually playing the game for 1000s of hours. Its not only over the top, imo its absolutely the wrong way to be over the top even if thats what you have decided needs to happen. If they turned around and said "were making exalts as common as alchs used to be" you wouldnt hear any complaint from me about it. It would be so less damaging to actual motivation of playing the game and probably less damaging to the gear progression. It would be too much imo but I wouldnt have half the problems with it I have with this and Id just keep my mouth shut because ultimately I agree the game wasnt rewarding enough. But its still not rewarding, the game is still the same unrewarding famine it always was with this little sideshow of leveling masters provding such unbalanced rewards and it just heightens how unrewarding actually playing is, presuming you are not multiclient dominus farming all day with 450iir 150iiq.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

the game before could accomidate no lifing. It doesnt matter where you are in progression, its all the same thing until you reach a point where theres nowhere left to go. By bringing "people with a life" closer to that point you dont give them anything, theyre still on a journey, all you are doing is demolishing the length of the game for the no lifers and knowledgeable players so that casual players can be miles closer to having nothing left to do too.

If they wanted to make the game more rewarding they should have made the game more rewarding. Want players to be able to make that level of gear in a few weeks? Then buff exalted and eternal drops by a factor of 100, buff the rare drops from mobs by epic amounts, actually make playing the game rewarding. Not have a game that is completely stingy and unrewarding to play and then have this little thing on the side that is so much more rewarding than actually playing the game for 1000s of hours. Its not only over the top, imo its absolutely the wrong way to be over the top even if thats what you have decided needs to happen. If they turned around and said "were making exalts as common as alchs used to be" you wouldnt hear any complaint from me about it. It would be so less damaging to actual motivation of playing the game and probably less damaging to the gear progression. It would be too much imo but I wouldnt have half the problems with it I have with this and Id just keep my mouth shut because ultimately I agree the game wasnt rewarding enough. But its still not rewarding, the game is still the same unrewarding famine it always was with this little sideshow of leveling masters provding such unbalanced rewards and it just heightens how unrewarding actually playing is, presuming you are not multiclient dominus farming all day with 450iir 150iiq.

Knowledge and experience IS power. Players do things to themselves wiillingly. I am so burnt out on Atziri from doing it 65000 times. You wont ever see me in there anytime soon or bs fragment farming.

Me complaining about Atziri farming even though I burnt myself out on it is just ignorance. Complaining about experience and skill giving exceptional gear through various crafts is ignorance to me. There is no way a beginner would know where to begin in crafting these weapons, but a veteran might have an idea. This game allows for various orb sinks whether its efficient or not. Players are left up to themselves with lots of tools to craft with.
Last edited by terrex on Oct 3, 2014, 2:44:37 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
POE202 wrote:

I respect how you choose to play the game I have no say in it, same goes for your opinion about gearing up.

For me, I do aim for mirrored gears and bis gears, that's a gamer's mentality. The only reason why I don't have them is because of my play style, which is soloing (not by choice, friends quit) and the little to no trading part is due to the fact that I find thrill in finding gears.

For one I won't use currencies to craft, only because I know my limit. I will never get enough currencies to eternal/exalt anything. I feel safer to just save up currencies to buy what I want. Unless I get really really lucky, which we know it is not likely.

There are plenty of things to do after gearing one char up. Just a few examples.

One set of gears won't be enough if you am for build diversity, just cause I have all bis gears for one build doesn't mean they will work for all. And I do want to play other builds once I am satisfied with my current.

The game is being constantly updated so just cause you can one shot everything now, doesn't mean it will stay that forever. Not to mention, the frequent changes to skills or nodes that will make or break a build.

And there's the level 100 char I am aiming for. All my standard chars are riped chars from HC so I am definitely not where I want to be.

Like I said, I respect the way you see things, I just disagree at the fact that you think master crafting will break the game or make it less fun.

Edit: dumb phone likes to change the thinfo I typed
Last edited by POE202 on Oct 3, 2014, 2:48:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info