1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
Serleth wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"Solo players will notice a substantial boost to drops from these Strongboxes, while parties will no longer receive too many maps."

Perfect, so the incentive for getting a party together to hunt end-game maps will be even higher!!!

....not

The amount of prejudice against party players' is ridiculous in this thread, absolutely disgusting.

No, but the balancing is real. Carto boxes, as you can clearly see in the notes, were clearly punishing solo players. This change is not prejudicial to party players, but correcting a prejudice toward solo players.

So if something is punishing solo players, the party players' must be punished as well? That doesn't make sense.

It is not a balance issue, it's a ninja nerf that was sugar coated by Qarl to spread light on the "issues". (note parenthesis)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 25, 2014, 8:09:03 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
So if something is punishing solo players, the party players' must be punished as well? That doesn't make sense.

No. It's not punishing party players. It's balancing it so that the entire playerbase sees the same drop rate of maps from carto boxes, rather than having it skewed in one direction or another.

It's called equality.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Still no modification to master missions for low level characters? What the hell, GGG? Why can't I get any benefit from masters using alts or after RIPs? Running past master spawns because they provide no benefit is NOT fun.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

No. It's not punishing party players. It's balancing it so that the entire playerbase sees the same drop rate of maps from carto boxes, rather than having it skewed in one direction or another.

It's called equality.

By this logic, we shouldn't gain any magic find bonus for party play. You have no foundation or argument to stand on.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 25, 2014, 8:11:46 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
By this logic, we shouldn't gain any magic find bonus for party play. You have no foundation or argument to stand on.

I actually agree that you shouldn't get +iir/iiq for party. It's the exact same premise, and I hope they take what they've done with cartos and apply it to MF, too.

Argument's quite solid, thanks for making it for me.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
rip divine orbs :p
"
Serleth wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

I actually agree that you shouldn't get +iir/iiq for party. It's the exact same premise, and I hope they take what they've done with cartos and apply it to MF, too.

Argument's quite solid, thanks for making it for me.

LOL. That's my point... And you're welcome.

Elreon price change is distressing sad for LLD crafting.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Oct 15, 2014, 8:51:56 PM
Dear GGG

I'll be expecting my 2ex from your shafting of me to appear in a remove-only tab ASAP
Last edited by jaredh on Sep 25, 2014, 8:17:48 PM
Thanks for the hard work as always guys but yet another patch with no 3d art added. Pretty disappointing really as some of these Uniques have been in game since I started playing closed beta. Hope you guys get them caught up sometime, would be great for those of us that purchase the skin transfers.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info