1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted

What does "adjusted" mean? More rare, less rare?? 'Difficulty through obscurity' design -_-

"
The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

Looking through economy, thats a 600% - 700% price increase. Showing that balance team moving target does osscillate like mad...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 25, 2014, 7:12:17 PM
Sooooooooooooo Bad.
The game Suck, whit Mjolner i play whit 16FPS, pls fix that...
i guess existing items with multiple crafted mods can now be easily sold for 1-2 more exalts.
Last edited by cwiza7 on Sep 25, 2014, 7:33:21 PM
Anything on this?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1056274/
"
Qarl wrote:

• We have rebalanced Cartographer's Strongboxes. These chests were incorrectly double-dipping on map bonuses and party bonuses. The number of people in your party no longer increases map drops from these chests. We have also reduced how often they appear, but have significantly boosted their drops. Solo players will notice a substantial boost to drops from these Strongboxes, while parties will no longer receive too many maps.

"We have also reduced how often they appear, but have significantly boosted their drops."

That's odd because I'v done I don't know how many lvl 75, 76, 77, 78 maps on my way to LVL 92 and have not FOUND 1 cartograph strongbox. But you're going to decrease the spawn/chance of them?

Wait, even better yet.. How is that a rebalance? It's a ninja nerf.

Well, In that case, thanks for atleast letting us know, right? :)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 25, 2014, 7:35:05 PM
Am I the only one who finds quite a few of these changes rather preposterous?
"
Qarl wrote:
The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

As a person who offers Rampage free level 8 Elreon/Tora crafting service, this saddens me.

I've made a conscious effort to try and BRING DOWN the price of good bows, bows that will allow people to enjoy their builds and enjoy the game. After a, what, month or so of public crafting, I've noticed that bows have significantly dropped in price and availability from everyone flooding the market with 300+ dps bows, crafting them cheaply, and trying to flip them to make a profit.

If you think about it, this really is no longer an ARPG about finding loot. Its about grinding your alterations and saving up to trade someone who got lucky. I've been playing PoE for quite a long time now, and I've self-found perhaps 8-10 exalteds over 2 year period. Never seen a Shavs/Mjolner drop. Haven't seen an Eternal either, and I'm no casual player. Very disheartening.

The amount of people I made happy by crafting them a 300-400 dps bow that costed them in total about 1-2 exalts to make was staggering. Why? Because its RIDICULOUSLY hard to find a comparable one yourself.

This change only exacerbates the price of Exalteds. I thought I remember reading somewhere that Divines were actually twice as rare as Exalteds. If economics ever teaches anyone anything, its that eventually, supply meets demand, and an appropriate price point is reached.

Divines in Rampage have been steadily rising from 12 chaos to 16-20 chaos now. From what I've heard, Divines are 1 Exalted in Standard. What is the point of changing the price of Elreon's Multimod? To make it harder to craft a good bow? Okay. So what ends up happening is this (for Rampage at least)

1) Exalteds are now even more expensive.
2) The 300+ DPS bows go back to being 4+ Exalts. Same for the 300+ dps daggers, and 200 pDPS wands.
3) Divines fall back down in price because their specified use for min-maxing is all that is left. Again. They're still very hard to find though.

TL;DR
- All the current 300+ dps bows get their prices artificially inflated by 2 exalts (or more). Same for the good wands and daggers.
- New players have a larger currency grind ahead of them in order to get a good weapon.
- Exalt prices rise
- Divine prices fall
- Fun for players reduced due to slower itemization.

Last edited by Shaeltal on Sep 25, 2014, 7:36:21 PM
Lets Hunt some Heads
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
glh5 wrote:
Exalts are found twice as many times as divines
Perhaps. I've found 2 div to 4 ex and have heard similar ratios from others.
"
glh5 wrote:
so it's the same price.
But that's dead wrong. Exalts are so much more valued even if they are more common. Highest I've ever seen divs is 3:2 and they're usually 2:1 ex.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
"

Terrible. "of Crafting" just meant that there was a break point at about 30 chaos to an exalted per item where prices would max out before the ridiculously powerful and expensive non-crafted items would come into play. And that's only for self-crafting -- sales still fetch a premium over that.

So in other words, it would cost about an ex per slot, not counting uniques, to flesh out a casual build with good but not great items in every slot. This change roughly triples the amount, from "a long slog, but definitely doable over the course of a league for a casual" to "yeah, that's out of reach."

What's the point of the "of crafting" mod if it's going to be priced too high and gated behind such an extreme reputation grind that no casual player will ever be able to use it in the course of a 3-month league?

Terrible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info