1.2.3 Patch Notes

As if exalts weren't expensive enough, great. I really hope you reconsider the cost change. It's a powerful mod so maybe an increase in cost is warranted, but ex? Ex prices seem to shoot up earlier and earlier every league, and I think all that is going to do is make that worse, it's going to go even higher, faster.

I quit about half way into shadow of the vaal, and I came back because I saw master crafting was added. It seemed like good items were more accessible. I could get somewhere without being an exalt hound, but I guess it's going to be back to the usual business of exalts or bust.
"
Violentz wrote:
Ok I've honestly never really had a huge problem with the changes that GGG have made even if I don't agree with them 100%, but the Elreon meta mod currency requirement change is just the most absurd change I've ever seen.

This mods existence and cost efficiency gave hope to solo players and\or self-found players, hell even people that play with groups that hadn't gotten lucky with drops or that don't trade regularly and then you increase the cost from a single divine to not one, but TWO exalted orbs?! For two exalts I'll go out and buy a decent weapon. Having the cost that high almost completely defeats the purpose of having it exist in the first place.

I can't really say anything else that hasn't already been stated by the previous posters, but seriously doods, what the heck were you thinking with this change? :(

Disaster that's what they were thinking.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Serleth wrote:
"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
Noice!

What does "The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted." mean in practice tho?

Would love to have this answered

I have a good guess, which is that they made them the same or similar to chance of the Physical% mods.

The chance for Flat Physical is currently the same at all Tiers, and has always been a lot higher chance than Physical %. Now I think they will reduce the chance for higher tiers just like it is for Physical %.

For example the current spawn rates are (for daggers):
Tyrannical = 0.061%
Bloodthirsty = 0.246%
Vicious = 0.491%

Flaring = 1.229%
Tempered = 1.229%
Razor Sharp = 1.229%
Last edited by Meridin on Sep 26, 2014, 11:41:09 AM
I am confused... I have not seen a cartographers box in over 50+ maps that I ran in the last two weeks

And they are going to REDUCE their appearance rate?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Sigh.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
That's kinda what I meant. It's not balance. The rich don't give a crap if it's one divine or two exalts. Neither do the poor. It's not a change for balance sake. It's a "F-U" to the group in the middle.

"
ArThAs125 wrote:
im sorry but that's a big @#~€% you to self found/solo players, making content only avaiable to wealthy people or actually FORCING people to trade is a horrendous idea

Once more. In terms of drop rate, divines are actually more rare than exalts. Thereby, this change actually makes it easier for the (self-found) group in the middle.

You don't know us. You don't speak for us.

Well put. Speaking as one who played a lot of self-found, right up until GGG made it impossible (at which point I quit for a few months...) to do that, one divine is way, way cheaper than two ex for a self-found.

First off, a Divine drops at more than half the rate of an ex. The ratio is much closer to 3 ex = 2 divine drops. So right there alone, one divine is already less expensive than two ex for a self found player.

Second off, an exalted is extremely useful in and of itself to round out that last mod on your 5-mod rares. A single divine? Eh, not so much. Rolling a few brackets around won't usually make or break your item. Divines are icing on the cake for mirror-worthy items. For run-of-the-mill self-found items they're pretty much useless. So divines that a self-found player collects are likely to just sit unused in a stash tab somewhere, whereas the ex are going to be extremely precious for improving gear.

And in any case, all of this ignores the absolute worst, most terrible part of this bloody awful stupid terrible bad horrible change:

You [redacted] at GGG announced to the world that for the next three days, and only for the next three days, one divine plus one crafting base is worth 2 ex. Congratu-fucking-lations, way to send your game's economy into chaos.

You [redacted] at GGG announced to the world that since you thought this mod was unbalanced, well, it's definitely time to spend all those divines you've got right now in order to have a dozen or two spare crafting bases for later. Because hey, if it's unbalanced now, the right way to "balance" your game is to rampantly hand out exalteds worth of 100%, sure-fire, instant, risk-free profit to people who already have a level 8 master. All they have to do? Add "of Crafting" right now, and sell it in four days.

Seriously. I'm totally dumbfounded here. Don't pee on my face and tell me it's raining.
Last edited by Sayyid on Sep 25, 2014, 9:31:36 PM
"
Eep wrote:
I am confused... I have not seen a cartographers box in over 50+ maps that I ran in the last two weeks

And they are going to REDUCE their appearance rate?

Yep, lol. That's exactly what I said a couple pages ago.

I have been here for 2+ years (Yeah I know, not a lot compared to others) But I rarely EVER, ever post. Why? Because I know and trust GGG and support them behind this amazing game. However, this patch didn't feel right and that's why I'm posting it in. They should at least acknowledge the sheer fact that people who play the game rigorously don't ALWAYS post on the forums. <cough> Or should I say, have to? </cough>

Just because we don't post on the forums doesn't mean our posts should be less credible than others. Same logic for Supporter Packs, Ruler of Wraelcast, etc. The amount of money donated should be irrelevant to the average player's main opinion or idea.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 25, 2014, 9:41:12 PM
"
Sayyid wrote:
Spoiler
Seriously. I'm totally dumbfounded here. Don't pee on my face and tell me it's raining.

It is raining bro.

I made a suggestion in Suggestions thread to change it to 50-60 exalts or make a master sell an exalt for 30 chaos.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1069950
The usual routine in this game :

If the average person is benefitting, that is going to be patched out really fast.
Last edited by Maggsi on Sep 25, 2014, 9:51:00 PM
nice change.....

.not

rip mastercrafting. i'm done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info