2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Did you Test Gmp inseat of faster attacks? According to a tool calculating the hit chance it doubles the procs of moltenstrike against a single target nearly
I also like getting 5 powercharges everytime firball gmp crits thus giving discharge the full potential dmg
Well, good to know that it worked for you :P
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I tried GMP instead of Faster Attacks, and I didnt notice a huge difference (but I lost 6% accuracy gearing for the higher mana cost, so hard to compare). I think you are getting a ton of DPS with it since you have a 6 link and can use fireball, and your <2 second Dominus kills are alot faster than mine. I am only 78 though, my gear still needs some work.
I've tried other melee attacks before but it's something I can revisit on stream later today for you guys. My conclusions were that it's just far more dangerous and less fluid of gameplay. With the build having such low defenses getting the jump on the tougher creatures is very important so when there's shit charging or jumping at you when you're cycloning you usually get a hit before they do and explode everything. When using standstill melee skills you get buttfucked by everything before your first attack goes off to hit everything.

If you guys try it and you like it more for general mapping then by all means use it. I didn't have much success the first time around but as I said I can try again. Molten strike for sure looks like it would give more procs and less desync on the heavier targets.

Also rofl @ the waynetrain thread. Shit's getting good.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
I've tried other melee attacks before but it's something I can revisit on stream later today for you guys. My conclusions were that it's just far more dangerous and less fluid of gameplay. With the build having such low defenses getting the jump on the tougher creatures is very important so when there's shit charging or jumping at you when you're cycloning you usually get a hit before they do and explode everything. When using standstill melee skills you get buttfucked by everything before your first attack goes off to hit everything.

If you guys try it and you like it more for general mapping then by all means use it. I didn't have much success the first time around but as I said I can try again. Molten strike for sure looks like it would give more procs and less desync on the heavier targets.

Also rofl @ the waynetrain thread. Shit's getting good.

Dude, he even put efforts in using his other account to comment on his own post. I laughed my ass off.

Why do people do that shit?
Well either he's an entertainer and rather succesfull with it, or a tryhard who failed. Actually I believe, the truth is somewhere in between. Like a funny tryhard who failed at tryharding but was successful with being funny. Something like that.

Ontopic: leveling a new shadow character with dagger reave isn't fun at all, I dunno. Are there other fun ways of leveling a shadow without investing too many skillpoints in stuff I have to remove via regrets later? Wanna build an CoC Cyclone Discharger before the new leagues start just to have some fun.
I leveled all the way to 60 with dagger reave until I switched to this. Didn't have too many problems.
I lvled mine using arc and geofris crest to 31, then get on tabula and goes coc discharge with cyclone,arc, use flask to sustain. have fun.
Here are some tips for people on a budget, that don't have a GG 6 link or good accuracy jewelry. It's also more defensive, so maybe useful for hardcore, although I have not tried. I modified the tree a bit as follows:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfLQ4-_XlGYw2YeJVSxa_JpVd8nBSidNw1dQjBbX_3iT951RRR42_1op_KzB8TZIj9o19mhNwVpAbEZYOSNvUdweHE5ykb57KSsM6m7VTNQ-rgwl9W6xHUUxKyD8nKk218m6q2L01kocZbBb8SyftxPY8Lcautz7-Cqyq5c-SfZhvWfMUTfAfogDvfIM4fr2X_qeEkFXAGho4Y0MpT-w4hX2Cm-jWIuoEszpCS3jdqDBxCLE__OhmeA2pbrl8jAvssDY9bWzjhGyMnapirFfiMolJUfDVlS4HHg==

It grabs a 86% more accuracy with the Depth Perception and Eagle Eye (getting 32% more weapon/spell crit as a bonus). It takes more defensive skills like Phase Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile. And you gain 1% more life, plus 2% life leech (ok we do almost no physical damage, but hey every bit helps!). Also, if you choose to use Life Leech and Vaal Pact, VP is right on your path.

You drop the Elemental Equilibrium, since it will be hard to make that work using your 5 link. You also give up 28% lightning damage, Inner Force, and 1% life regen. So those are the tradeoffs. Can't have everything unfortunately.

Now, to really spice things up, as your third aura (assuming you are using Grace and Purity of Lightning), you do a 4 link with Herald of Thunder, Cast on Crit, Assassins Mark, and Reduced Mana. At level 20, Assassins Mark give you 9% more crit (additive, so just add 9% to your tooltip crit, sick right?). You also get 39% more Critical damage, and even better, you get a 29% chance to gain a power charge on kill. So blow up a pack, and get full charges many times.

Level up with facebreaker and get physical damage jewelry and belt. Swap to CoC mid 50's.

This is just a variation, not necessarily better than the original, but maybe better for some people on a budget, people needing accuracy, or who want more defense. Hope it helps.
Last edited by PotatoPants on Nov 27, 2014, 11:10:42 PM
Hey Mathil :) This is my current gear, I am lvl 77 at the moment and I just feel like I dont crit enough even with Maligaro's, any tips on gear? should I try to go for more attack speed? more crit? or just need higher level for passives etc?

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info