2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

^link does not work.
IGN: Reoxy
"
gknomara wrote:
"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
Mathil, how come you don't recommend Vagan daggers?

According to this they are better and cheaper:

[Math of Exile] How good are Vagan daggers for CoC ?

That's true, vagan's daggers are gg for this build. With my current setup I just cap my crit at 95% after first group of mobs. Not having to pay for accuracy on jewellery is just awesome. :P I did Atziri at level 73 btw. :P

Awesome!, can you link your passive tree?, i´m crafting Vagan´s dagger too :-)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
redix27 wrote:
"
gknomara wrote:
"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
Mathil, how come you don't recommend Vagan daggers?

According to this they are better and cheaper:

[Math of Exile] How good are Vagan daggers for CoC ?

That's true, vagan's daggers are gg for this build. With my current setup I just cap my crit at 95% after first group of mobs. Not having to pay for accuracy on jewellery is just awesome. :P I did Atziri at level 73 btw. :P

Awesome!, can you link your passive tree?, i´m crafting Vagan´s dagger too :-)

Tree is the same as Mathil's. Just need to prioritize the skills points you think are most important, I went for dagger/one-handed crit first. It's softcore after all. I also levelled with this build. I can say that you can reliably crit at around level 48ish, though I used since I could use Voll's that is at level 35. And ye, if u can get your hands on vagan's dagger and regal something nice on it, like I did with +% spell damage then it gets much easier to gear your character. :D
How badly did this build get affected by the new passive tree posted on reddit? I'm not home and cant check the tree for myself...

Btw my question is still how well would romira work for power charge generation?

Cheers
tried it with romiras. you lose all powercharges on the initial crit from cyclone, so the discharge (lightning part) doesn't go off. I guess, the fire part from voll's devotion will go off (tested it before getting the amulett), but negates a substantial chunk of your damage. I'm trying the new tree right now.
"
Xarxos wrote:
tried it with romiras. you lose all powercharges on the initial crit from cyclone, so the discharge (lightning part) doesn't go off. I guess, the fire part from voll's devotion will go off (tested it before getting the amulett), but negates a substantial chunk of your damage. I'm trying the new tree right now.

I see, thanks.
If it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate your feedback on the new tree vs fakener once you're done
on the left side of the tree we lose a substantial amount of stats because I can't find swift precision anywhere near our path. Also some other stuff seems harder to access now. I'm a noob though, so maybe someone comes up with a better path.
I tried copying the super endgame tree to the 1.3 skill tree. This is what I came up with: http://i.imgur.com/ajSCGOR.jpg

I can't preview up the image or it gets cut off in the post.

What you lose:

22 int from a +10 point and +12 from Elementalist.
5% Global Crit Chance.
7% Global Crit Multiplier.
55% Melee Critical Chance.
17% Life.

What you gain:

12% Elemental Damage.
15% All Resist.

Everything else stays the same.

IMO; The Poignard Vagan dagger is a must now in budget builds to have that effective crit high enough. You can get away with less life. You might need to take a +30 int node because either that or you start wasting slots in gear for int.
Last edited by Eff0rt on Dec 4, 2014, 11:40:50 AM
crit nerf is going to hurt. need to see if it still feels as smooth. don't have a vagan's unfortunately
I attempted to build a new tree around the Vagan daggers, since they don't need as much crit to be effective:

Copy this into 1.3.0 tree on Reddit

If I drop Discharge and use GMP Arctic breath / Arc I have 6 charges so my crit chance is fine:

Since Block chance is heavily nerfed with Acro, it might be wise to drop the Saffels.
Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Dec 4, 2014, 1:56:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info