State of Exile Podcast and New 1.2.3 Screenshots

Can you PLEASE fix Desynch before implementing more skills that require active dodging?

"I guess I should better not touch these... things! Must be careful, very carefuCK" KABOOOOOOOMBOOMBOOOOM chainreaction.
Desynching explosions RIPs incoming.

Variations on Haku are - instead of rocks falling on your head we now have these metal thingies that Blackguards have in their catapults.

With each update there is more and more STUFF on screan without any actual graphical optimization, soon enough this game, which runs on a pretty old engine now, will require the same machines as the newest AAA releases.

Screenshot 4 will be 1 FPS on my poor toaster-laptop, if not DC. I'm sure it will be fine though, as most other people will just get a drop in fps from 60 to like 30 or 20.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Sep 22, 2014, 1:30:11 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Desynching explosions RIPs incoming.

Variations on Haku are - instead of rocks falling on your head we now have these metal thingies that Blackguards have in their catapults.

With each update there is more and more STUFF on screan without any actual graphical optimization, soon enough this game, which runs on a pretty old engine now, will require the same machines as the newest AAA releases.

Screenshot 4 will be 1 FPS on my poor toaster-laptop, if not DC. I'm sure it will be fine though, as most other people will just get a drop in fps from 60 to like 30 or 20.

The DC would be fine, wouldn't it? Then you would be the one surviving this.

As if even one of these beacons would ever be displayed at the location he actually spawns. Just imagine they had some kind of knockback attached to them. You would pinball through the whole level ;-)
Since I only play the hardcore variaton of the game, I already avoid Haku missions because of the possibility to desync. Now its missions are a no go for me in every way.

Dunno if this fits its purpose.

Grimrath/Devilbane
The Dragon Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Aesthetics of Evil http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Garden of the Ancients http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1051755
kind of disappointing this interview was

1h of mostly dodging questions sadly..

issues ignored - 'crit', 'adding more desync-creating stuff'

bits of (worrying) information - 'big circles of skills at the edges of the passive tree' and 'a wheel of passives to sort out the staves'

just give us a typical passive progression like in torchlight then - this is what your 'big circles at the edges' is. but veiled as a 'choice'.

and remove staves from the game if you cannot make them work. that is pretty damn strange as these are the only 2h weapons that in current meta have a chance to be good. people wont use staves (crit 2h) because it is just stupid to do so when 1h crit is WAY better. fix the broken thing first (daggers) so staves shall become more interesting

and i really like the beyond honey rubbing. sorry, beyond feedback was and still pretty much is - bad. i havent personally played it (and have no incentive to do so) but from the looks of it - people are doing things just to AVOID beyond mechanics. invasion mk2.

while i understand it being a 'budget' league - and i have absolutely ZERO issue with skin reuse etc - what seems to be the most 'budgeted' area was the testing. not design. what kind of tests would have not detected issue with regen/resists/degen?.. maybe tests done with generated uber geared chars?

My softcore char is ready to betatest this, HC folks, give us a few days :)
Last edited by Renahud on Sep 22, 2014, 2:13:34 AM
I can wait. I don;t even bother with desynch'u the armor dude anymore.
More things that kill you. Nice.
Damn it Beyond... never made it past ~25ish... and you guys are still making it even harder =(
Gonna stick to normal hardcore.
I would prefer new content and mechanics to have desync in mind when made.
Since the game have had problem with it since closed beta it feels really strange to me that new 1ko fights, new situations with spawning monsters that box you in and make you get stuck, more fast running monsters that desync all over the place are implementent into the game.

All new content is great, if now the game it self could handle it, but it can't.
I belive you can make interesting new content and monsters that don't cause more desync then "needed".
Last edited by mrgrin on Sep 22, 2014, 2:56:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info