State of Exile Podcast and New 1.2.3 Screenshots

"
simballine wrote:
tl;dr

GGG, seriously, 2 hours of podcast? Please make your interviews in article format like you have done previously, much more concise, interesting, digestible. I mean, sometimes I don't even have two hours a day to play the game.

Nice to see the developers "in person" however.

Complaining for the sake of complaining, some people !
Ever thought about playing the game while listening to a podcast? It will actually save you time if that is what you care for. Also why are you wasting your precious time on complaining here anyway? Heck why do people like you even play? Be happy the community around PoE is growing, people are taking initiatives and all you do is complain because it doesn't fit your life.

Also to 75% of the other complainers, I have no trouble with performaning a Haku mission on full detail on a 4 year old wreck of a pc, guys stop playing on craptops and blaming GGG for your incompetence !
Last edited by leto2626 on Sep 22, 2014, 1:22:27 PM
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

When it's out and you see bugs and flaws, dont hold back on reporting the issues, but now already?

You know why that is? Because any post-release feedback is getting ignored. Just the very addition of something like this, when Haku missions have been a major source of complaints and performance issues, feels like a slap in the face.

It's like this with everything:

* People ask for a weather toggle for a year. It's shot down, and instead more unoptimized weather effects are added.

* People complain about desync, and we get maps with the fleet mod, making mobs desync even worse.

* People report that ground effects cause issues, and GGG responds by adding desecrated ground, an effect that is even more unoptimized than the previous ground effects.

* People complain about on-demand load issues when playing from a HDD, especially with chests, and we get masters. which are loaded in the same inefficient way.

* People complain that their clients crash or lag in maps with the fractured mod. Instead of addressing this, many of Zana's missions now have the fractured mod, with seawitches as a yummy bonus.

* People complain about lockboxes and freeze-ups, and GGG responds by buffing the chest's Ice Nova.

* People report performance issues with Dominus, due to poorly optimized effects, and instead of it getting addressed, Merveil is turned into another lag and desync fest.

* and so forth ...

So, what gives you the impression that complaints and reports after release make any difference whatsoever?

Very well said .

P.S. GGG are you seriously adding " the mobs move random stuff and throw it at you " in the game on top of all the issues the game already has ? Bald move , I give you that .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Sep 22, 2014, 1:23:59 PM
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

When it's out and you see bugs and flaws, dont hold back on reporting the issues, but now already?

You know why that is? Because any post-release feedback is getting ignored. Just the very addition of something like this, when Haku missions have been a major source of complaints and performance issues, feels like a slap in the face.

* People ask for a weather toggle for a year. It's shot down, and instead more unoptimized weather effects are added.

* People complain about desync, and we get maps with the fleet mod, making mobs desync even worse.

* People report that ground effects cause issues, and GGG responds by adding desecrated ground, an effect that is even more unoptimized than the previous ground effects.

* People complain about on-demand load issues when playing from a HDD, especially with chests, and we get masters. which are loaded in the same inefficient way.

* People complain that their clients crash or lag in maps with the fractured mod. Instead of addressing this, many of Zana's missions now have the fractured mod, with seawitches as a yummy bonus.

* People complain about lockboxes and freeze-ups, and GGG responds by buffing the chest's Ice Nova.

* People report performance issues with Dominus, due to poorly optimized effects, and instead of it getting addressed, Merveil is turned into another lag and desync fest.

* and so forth ...

So, what gives you the impression that complaints and reports after release make any difference whatsoever?
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

* and so forth ...

THIS +6 or whatever number I am

Maybe it'll help if 1,000 or more of us ( which would probably make every f'ing forum member ) bump this.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Hell, even a little dialog from GGG on the subject would be nice, but they just ignore it. Most things like desync have not been addressed in a message from them for a long time.

"
simballine wrote:

Also to 75% of the other complainers, I have no trouble with performaning a Haku mission on full detail on a 4 year old wreck of a pc, guys stop playing on craptops and blaming GGG for your incompetence !

And this is why. Alot of people complain about performance issues, but occasionally there is someone who doesn't have a problem, and those are the only reply's GGG seems to notice.
Apparently there is nothing wrong with the game, every problem is caused by our cheap 10 year old hardware. Meanwhile we can play every other new game at high detail, but that doesn't mean anything, the game is perfectly optimized. Right?

"
Foewat wrote:
"
Hell, even a little dialog from GGG on the subject would be nice, but they just ignore it. Most things like desync have not been addressed in a message from them for a long time.

"
simballine wrote:

And this is why. Alot of people complain about performance issues, but occasionally there is someone who doesn't have a problem, and those are the only reply's GGG seems to notice.
Apparently there is nothing wrong with the game, every problem is caused by our cheap 10 year old hardware. Meanwhile we can play every other new game at high detail, but that doesn't mean anything, the game is perfectly optimized. Right?

Agreed. Hang on there... Simbal,you are seriously an outlier if you have no problems doing shit on full detail with a 4 yr old PC. Hell mine is barely 6 months old and I have issues.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
It's already a major pain in the a** to safely get by those totem's in the narrow hallways, and now there will be beacons that cover all remaining "safe" floor space? Add in the occasional boss and this seems to be getting a little ridiculous.

I already avoid them like the plague if I have any experience built up as it's so easy to die if there are too many totems or if they are all crammed in the same narrow hallway. I guess it's only meant for certain builds to achieve without dying? Some of the layouts are easy, some are near impossible. Why don't you just balance that out and call it good? :)

I just wanted to offer my thoughts on it this added difficulty item, beacons. Right now, more often than not, these missions are really hard for my build when a lot of the other content isn't. I'm doing lvl 74 maps easy, but not these Haku missions :)
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...
"
skaterboy80 wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

* and so forth ...

Very well said .

P.S. GGG are you seriously adding " the mobs move random stuff and throw it at you " in the game on top of all the issues the game already has ? Bald move , I give you that .

++1.. more if I could
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

* and so forth ...

+ 1,000,000 (and much, much more!)
I avoid Haku like the plague anyway :P.

I know that everyone's concern is desync. I don't like it, and neither does anyone... but it exists in those types of scenarios. I don't think there is much you can do about it, only to avoid it unless you absolutely have to go to Haku for some reason. This next patch looks interesting enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info