State of Exile Podcast and New 1.2.3 Screenshots

"
BINARYGOD wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

When it's out and you see bugs and flaws, dont hold back on reporting the issues, but now already?

You know why that is? Because any post-release feedback is getting ignored. Just the very addition of something like this, when Haku missions have been a major source of complaints and performance issues, feels like a slap in the face.

It's like this with everything:

* People ask for a weather toggle for a year. It's shot down, and instead more unoptimized weather effects are added.

* People complain about desync, and we get maps with the fleet mod, making mobs desync even worse.

* People report that ground effects cause issues, and GGG responds by adding desecrated ground, an effect that is even more unoptimized than the previous ground effects.

* People complain about on-demand load issues when playing from a HDD, especially with chests, and we get masters. which are loaded in the same inefficient way.

* People complain that their clients crash or lag in maps with the fractured mod. Instead of addressing this, many of Zana's missions now have the fractured mod, with seawitches as a yummy bonus.

* People complain about lockboxes and freeze-ups, and GGG responds by buffing the chest's Ice Nova.

* People report performance issues with Dominus, due to poorly optimized effects, and instead of it getting addressed, Merveil is turned into another lag and desync fest.

* and so forth ...

So, what gives you the impression that complaints and reports after release make any difference whatsoever?

The game didn't need another enemy skill. They're annoying enough with the birdmen and dischargers already.
So is this the third patch with no new skill gem? or am i just seeing things?
IGN Voliglare, TreeFusingSixLink
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

When it's out and you see bugs and flaws, dont hold back on reporting the issues, but now already?

You know why that is? Because any post-release feedback is getting ignored. Just the very addition of something like this, when Haku missions have been a major source of complaints and performance issues, feels like a slap in the face.

* People ask for a weather toggle for a year. It's shot down, and instead more unoptimized weather effects are added.

* People complain about desync, and we get maps with the fleet mod, making mobs desync even worse.

* People report that ground effects cause issues, and GGG responds by adding desecrated ground, an effect that is even more unoptimized than the previous ground effects.

* People complain about on-demand load issues when playing from a HDD, especially with chests, and we get masters. which are loaded in the same inefficient way.

* People complain that their clients crash or lag in maps with the fractured mod. Instead of addressing this, many of Zana's missions now have the fractured mod, with seawitches as a yummy bonus.

* People complain about lockboxes and freeze-ups, and GGG responds by buffing the chest's Ice Nova.

* People report performance issues with Dominus, due to poorly optimized effects, and instead of it getting addressed, Merveil is turned into another lag and desync fest.

* and so forth ...

So, what gives you the impression that complaints and reports after release make any difference whatsoever?

Sadly agree with all of this. I don't know why new additions aren't put to a "will this kill players all the time because it is so desync prone/causes FPS drops? (Ossecati did both)" kind of test. GGG really needs to stop adding things to the game that their engine can't handle reasonably. Ice nova on boxes REALLY needs to be nerfed badly. Every box I open freezes my screen for about 1 second. Shit is stupid. And Haku's invincible totems and rocks are another stupid thing. And resurrecting monsters so you desync and get stuck on them, but if you use a movement skill to get past them, you drop the spirit. AWESOME.
"
Goldie_S01 wrote:
I avoid Haku like the plague anyway :P.

I know that everyone's concern is desync. I don't like it, and neither does anyone... but it exists in those types of scenarios. I don't think there is much you can do about it, only to avoid it unless you absolutely have to go to Haku for some reason. This next patch looks interesting enough.

This is what I ment with my earlier post page 4-5?
Im sure GGG could add new interesting content + challanges with desync in consideration.
New content that won't "feed" the desync problem. With that i mean not to add more narrow hallways, clutter on the ground that get you stuck, fast moving monsters etc. At least not in areas that also have 1-2ko mechanics.

example:
Like in Haku missions where you already run in narrow hallways with risk getting stuck every corner (hell even stright pathways can get you stuck) on top of that spawning monsters on your head and shooting totems filling up the place, and now bombs on that?
(desync /oos or macro 10 sec cooldown will help, at least the macro but every desync command have the cooldown).

Imo players shouldn't feel the need to avoid new great stuff when said stuff will instantly kill em due a flaw that are there but ignored when adding new content or at least not taken into consideration when balanced into the game.
Last edited by mrgrin on Sep 23, 2014, 5:08:55 AM
How about removing the collision boxes from monsters? Wouldn't that solve a lot of desync issues?
IGN: Laubblaeser
It's great that you guys are adding new stuff, but... aren't Haku missions annoying enough already? :D
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
Bottom Line , GGG hes been in denial about desync since the start of the game. Anytime its mentioned they instantly sweep it under the rug and change the subject. Then to make matters worse they implement senarios and effects into the game that makes the desync problem even worse. You can only ignore cancer for so long before it kills you guys. These guys are not only ignoring it but theyre smoking 2 packs a day on top of it. But what can you expect from game designers whos idea of progression in a game is to weaken players so as to make it harder to do the damn content they did a year ago and get the same drops they've been getting over and over and over. Yea they do put out new uniques. But in the end these new uniques are going to used to pretty much the exact same things weve been doing for quite a while. This game was amazing out of the gate. Soooo much potential. But everyday its becoming more and more stale and monotonous.
☺☺☺☻☻☻▓F▓I▓X▓T▓H▓E▓G▓O▓D▓D▓A▓M▓N▓D▓E▓S▓Y▓N▓C▓☻☻☻☺☺☺
INGAME - LvL 94 SCION - By_Demons_Be_Driven \,,/
"
Minttunator wrote:
It's great that you guys are adding new stuff, but... aren't Haku missions annoying enough already? :D

I dun think these are just for Haku, either. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

* and so forth ...

This this this,GGG get your head out of your ass.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info