[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Something else I noticed:

Melee Splash + IB works a bit better than Melee Splash + HS. Primary reason is due to the knockbacks and the explosions. I often get frustrated by bumping a bunch of mobs too far, chasing down the primary one, and end up pulling ANOTHER group. Woe to me if that group is a blue one.

To make melee splash + IB work, life leech is extremely important. Works better with life gain on hit I must add (weirdly not as much leech power with life leech - prolly due to IB being a mix of physical and fire, whereas lifeleech works better with HS which is pure physical, aka if you rely on leech from your gear, which is usually physical, then it's risky). This is due to the mobs not being knocked back/stunned and tend to continue hitting you as you are hitting them. However, with high eva and armor+hp you can usually ride it out without putting yourself into too much danger. I can have a bunch of mobs just piling into every pixel around me with ranged (as long as they don't deal chaos dmg), and outlast the pile up by just spamming IB+splash. My HS+multistrike (finally) does not work well in these groups, but I may try pulling a IB+multi+splash and really put on the pain (once I have enough links).

My 2 cents.
A sidenote, for the not so lazy but not that annoying much work still.
I did find a culling strike, and thought how can i have fun with this gem?

fire totem+culling strike+item quantity (and later +item rarity when i get a 4L with right colours RRGB)

yeah very fun, havent seen this much orbs dropping all over the place...Can of course be RNG and my imagination, thought i would mention it in here since i like this thread...

And maybe there is some better way of doing this? but i like having a totem, it can be used for so much things without that much fuss.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
A sidenote, for the not so lazy but not that annoying much work still.
I did find a culling strike, and thought how can i have fun with this gem?

fire totem+culling strike+item quantity (and later +item rarity when i get a 4L with right colours RRGB)

yeah very fun, havent seen this much orbs dropping all over the place...Can of course be RNG and my imagination, thought i would mention it in here since i like this thread...

And maybe there is some better way of doing this? but i like having a totem, it can be used for so much things without that much fuss.

Sounds like a fun idea. It could be an alternate attack skill with those supports as well which may be slightly more controllable in some situations. However, it would entail giving up a socketed item that could be used for an AOE/single target skill or auras. Not that I would do this. But some people might! Your approach sounds interesting for sure. Thanks for sharing it here. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 14, 2013, 1:16:40 PM
I did 18 scour / chance attempts on a nightmare bascinet today. Got a handful of rares but no unique. :)

I don't think I'll start changing my currencies into scours though (4 chance = 1 scour at the vendor), that might be going too far consider how low the odds are of scoring the unique.
I've been farming for the past week, find a few good items (really good ones, but not abysuss yet :() . I'm getting close to my ideal build by saving up some currency. Hopefully by the end, I should be ready and good to go. For now, I hit my ideal 10-11 K dps depending on the situation w/o any issues in mapping (with mods) + lunaris runs. The dream fragment I found not too long ago made a whole of difference going against slow monsters.

double strike has been my bread and butter 99.9% of the time, in some cases I use heavy strike just for the black guards & fire golems.
Spoiler
Last edited by Molochmane on Aug 16, 2013, 5:50:20 AM
"
Molochmane wrote:
I've been farming for the past week, find a few good items (really good ones, but not abysuss yet :() . I'm getting close to my ideal build by saving up some currency. Hopefully by the end, I should be ready and good to go.

Hi curious about your shield and its enfeeble special ability, does it work with melee splash or any typ of hit? And do you know what level of enfeeble it is? Even though 5% is very low it could be fun? Do other curses stack with it or is it removed if you curse yourself? Now iam useally to lazy to curse, but against some mobs it would be neat to have an auto-enfeeble-curse... unless if its level 1 and just lasts a few seconds
Surprisingly, with multistrike + melee splash and double strike increases my chances a bit some. Heck, even my leap slam ability procs the eneeble as well. Moreover, the enfeeble works wonders when I go toe to toe with hard hitting mobs and/or bosss (I'M LOOKING AT YOU KOLE). Depending on what league you're in, it's a pretty affordable shield to own. The perks of having a chernobog includes increase fire resist and added 25% fire damage from melee.
Last edited by Molochmane on Aug 16, 2013, 10:08:46 AM
"
Molochmane wrote:
I've been farming for the past week, find a few good items (really good ones, but not abysuss yet :() . I'm getting close to my ideal build by saving up some currency. Hopefully by the end, I should be ready and good to go. For now, I hit my ideal 10-11 K dps depending on the situation w/o any issues in mapping (with mods) + lunaris runs. The dream fragment I found not too long ago made a whole of difference going against slow monsters.

double strike has been my bread and butter 99.9% of the time, in some cases I use heavy strike just for the black guards & fire golems.

Thanks for sharing your progress! 10K is a very nice amount of DPS for such a tanky build as this one.

I like the fact that you have incorporated 'melee damage on full life' support. I was thinking about that one myself. How's it working out? Are you finding that you are full life most of the time?

I have noticed that with all of the blocking I'm full quite frequently but I was not sure it would be enough for that support to work well or not. There are always little things chipping at ya.
"
Molochmane wrote:
The perks of having a chernobog includes increase fire resist and added 25% fire damage from melee.

If only its blocking were not so low.

I keep a level 7 enfeeble on my gear as you can see. With the leveled up increased duration I have on there it lasts forever practically. Pretty easy mode. I only find it handy on bosses so that's basically the only time I use it.
Not sure if there has been any mention of it yet, but what are the thoughts on Rebuke of the Vaal?
Seeing as we have some increased weapon elemental damage from passives and generally tend towards fast attacking, I think this could work quite well. My guess is that it would work best with Double Strike + Faster Attacks + Multistrike (maybe also Increased Weapon Elemental Damage?). Good AoE alternative to DS without Melee Splash Could be Cyclone.

Thoughts? Experiences?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info