[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Yes I did pretty much remembered that fight. I kept forgetting to leap slam out of the way from Vaal's ground slams. Good times.
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
How do you guys actually survive Vaal Oversoul?......Getting stuck in multistrike motion while he raises his arms for a hammerblow is just... bloody painful to watch.

He's pretty hard for a melee build.

Can't run away from him when he raises his mace arm, have to run around to his back side in a tight circle. The smash is a cone AOE. Or, some people use leap slam or Whirling Blades to get to the back quickly.

Vaal is a gear check encounter. Need to have 4000 life or more, realistically. Pretty hard for self found. Not hard for an active trader.

It may be the one encounter where multistrike should be swapped for a different support like added fire damage or something. Particularly with a slower weapon.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 19, 2013, 12:07:01 PM
I found an Anvil and this shield in the same day, lead me to this thread, lol:

Is that shield good enough to try this build with? Four really solid rolls, has two exalt spots for prefixes, and the sheer amount of resists probably frees up a few passives. Or should I look for a different type of shield?
IGN - Ziddyroc
"
Ziddyroc wrote:

Is that shield good enough to try this build with? Four really solid rolls, has two exalt spots for prefixes, and the sheer amount of resists probably frees up a few passives. Or should I look for a different type of shield?

It would be a fine shield if used with anvil.

The only problem with it is it has very low armor and no evasion.

Carry on, you can make up defenses elsewhere with the right gear.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
How do you guys actually survive Vaal Oversoul?......Getting stuck in multistrike motion while he raises his arms for a hammerblow is just... bloody painful to watch.

He's pretty hard for a melee build.

Can't run away from him when he raises his mace arm, have to run around to his back side in a tight circle. The smash is a cone AOE. Or, some people use leap slam or Whirling Blades to get to the back quickly.

Vaal is a gear check encounter. Need to have 4000 life or more, realistically. Pretty hard for self found. Not hard for an active trader.

It may be the one encounter where multistrike should be swapped for a different support like added fire damage or something. Particularly with a slower weapon.

Hmm... A gear check eh, basically I didn't pass :( Barely above 1.6k hp at the moment. Hope to improve, hard to change gear because of 2 things, resists + sockets. Oh well, soldier on I guess!

@Molochmane: Hell yeah, thanks for your help man. Else I would be stuck grinding ledge or trying to trade with my pitiful stockpile of currency.
"
Ziddyroc wrote:

Sorry but I would look for another shield with higher defences.
Your shield is "low" on block chance, but you don't care if you use anvil.
Standard build gives you over 120% increased defences from shield. If you use a 1500 armour or evasion shield, you'll get 3000 defence + a bit more from other passives.
It's not too costly to buy a high defence shield, easier for you because you don't need a high block chance.

Your shield is great on elemental resistance, but it can be found on other gear. It could cost you a bit to balance all resistance, but it can be done.
You won't be able to improve 3000 defences from other gear.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Last edited by kahoraho on Aug 20, 2013, 5:04:54 AM
I've been shopping lately and snatch a few crazy deals. And now I can safely go into 70+ maps w/ o an issue instead of using my mf gear for the past 3 weeks.

Without purity, i have reached max resist and pretty much close to max block by wearing the anvil. For the moment I forgo the anvil because it makes my movement speed preeeettty slow. Having 3 K health is nice, but I have some room for improvement (gloves / belt / amulet)

updated gear
Spoiler
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

Hmm... A gear check eh, basically I didn't pass :( Barely above 1.6k hp at the moment. Hope to improve, hard to change gear because of 2 things, resists + sockets. Oh well, soldier on I guess!

Yep, it's slow going on any build if it's your first. Have to farm up the necessaries. :)

Of course this is more of a 'fun' build rather than a "farming" build. :) (Due to kill speed being relatively low)

Also great for people not in a hurry and want to make the game last and last.... *grin*
"
Molochmane wrote:
For the moment I forgo the anvil because it makes my movement speed preeeettty slow.

Yeah, most uniques have some kind of downside. You could get boots with 30% run speed which would make it subjectively about the same speed you have now.

I do like 30% run speed without any slowdowns though (leather and steel plus no anvil). The mobility is really nice.

In any case, thanks for the update. :)
I made a video this morning!

This is just a routine clearing of a level 67 map. The map is a Cemetary with additional projectiles and magic monsters. No drops at all, but you can see how I'm coming along (self found only....).

Link to youtube (up to 1080p quality coming later).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info