[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
weberto wrote:
I just killed shaper a couple of minutes ago, so it's definitely shaper viable

Congrats! Interesting all-physical support choices. I'd be interested to hear what you think comparing that setup with the usual elemental crit inquisitor.

I checked the elemental setup, and your numbers on the guide, using your blade flurry formula, I got:

128,103 peak dps from blade flurry, however, we need to add crimson dance dps, since 100% of our blade flurry attacks cause bleeding and take the 120% more multiplier, which on average, I get 39,573, so my peak damage with my bleed average, sum a total of 167,676 dps (could go a bit lower, could go a bit higher), I'm using Vulnerability Curse on blasphemy, so this damage gets a further increase, but it's a bit more erratic depending on mods, enemies, bosses, etc.

All in all, I'm pretty surprised, I originally went RT just to save some currency when gearing up, not needing to worry about accuracy on items, then accuracy and crit chance on tree, etc, also I tried going pure physical since I've been trying to do a pure physical build in poe for a long time, so now that we got brutality, chance to bleed and maim, it was the perfect time for it, I wasn't expecting this much damage, though.

My take on this is, Templar Inquisitor with elemental and crit should still have higher max damage, since you get the added damage from burns and shock, plus crit multi, but I feel like it will start to get more expensive the higher you go, it also has the flexibility on switching concentrated effect, increased aoe or phys to lightning.

on the other side:

Duelist Champion with pure physical and RT can get very close on damage, and have enough to take on almost any content in the game (still haven't tried uber atziri, vaal temple, putrid cloister, perandus manor and hall of grand masters), and it should be slightly easier to gear up, so my conclusion is go with personal preference.

One thing I'm sure though, is that both variants are shaper viable, damage is similar and max block gives you a lot of extra chances on fights with so many one shots lurking around, hehe
Het Sovyn!
Nice build, used it back in 2.5!

Now its 3.0 is it possible to apply this build to Witch? preferbly with Profane Bloom? if not any other witch acsendancy?
"
LFM91 wrote:
Now its 3.0 is it possible to apply this build to Witch?

I don't think a witch starting point would work, it's just too far from everything. If you want a female toon, scion or ranger.
Is it possible to do this build with wild strike? I was thinking static strike originally but it kind of feels funky to use.
Hello,
Glad to revive and update my old Lazy Pally ...
Sorry if it was asked before, but I dont see it on your guide ...
Do you have an advice for Pantheon choice please ?

Edit .. wow 2 times one shot by Izaro in UberLab. At level 90 its the first time ever I live that and its booooooooring ... May be its low life ? Was I very unlucky or is it a sustaining problem with this build ?
Last edited by Scipion75 on Oct 1, 2017, 9:29:20 AM
"
MShadow657 wrote:
Is it possible to do this build with wild strike? I was thinking static strike originally but it kind of feels funky to use.

Sure, you can use any melee skill, but blade flurry, earthquake, and ice crash will clear the fastest due to the size of the AoE / range.
"
Scipion75 wrote:
2 times one shot by Izaro in UberLab

Plenty of bosses have one shot mechanics in PoE. You have to learn what the windup animation looks like, and move away with your movement skill before the big attack lands. you can re-engage right after. I didn't have any trouble with uber izaro. since he probably can crit, a little bit more life probably wouldn't make much difference. You can try a belly of the beast if you want. At least with block, you have a 75% chance of not getting hit, so even if one is terrible at this game, she can probably beat anything with enough patience. However, using a ranged attack helps, so if you are not using blade flurry, try it out. Lightning strike with shift works too, but it isn't as good with this build.
Hey currently leveling up with your build I am just wondering something for endgame.

Where do you get your sustain ? I dont see you using life leech gem or vaal pack and just the regen is surely not enough.

I was previously playing High regen RF char with 10k hp and Vaal pack Elementalist firestorm so I am a bit confused as to how you stay alive when taking a shit load of damage.
"
Sirnizz wrote:
Where do you get your sustain ? I dont see you using life leech gem or vaal pack and just the regen is surely not enough.

I use aegis, and I don't get hit 75% of the time. The rest I either avoid with movement skills or use the life flasks. The life leech support is mentioned in the guide as an option, if certain encounters would benefit from more sustain vs. damage.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sirnizz wrote:

I use aegis, and I don't get hit 75% of the time. The rest I either avoid with movement skills or use the life flasks. The life leech support is mentioned in the guide as an option, if certain encounters would benefit from more sustain vs. damage.

That Aegis Aurora is so good I love it ! Its working really well I have about 3.8k life 1k shield and I have 110 ES on block so about 10% of my max es I can most of the time be afk everywhere and be immortal haha !

Now need to cap block currently at 66/65 I only 95% of my block applied to spell block but that should be enough.

Using Scaeva for now, going to try Doryani when I hit 75.
Last edited by Sirnizz on Oct 12, 2017, 11:45:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info