[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Camatoo wrote:
i hit 70 finally, but i have a little issue with the cheap bugdet gear, OP is using. i cant use the boots because im missing intelligence.

actually im sitting on 93 int, same as OP. but for the boots i need 94 int. is there something i am missing? also i cant use some skills like elemental weakness. here i even miss 3 int.

those the requirements drop with rising level of the gems? or should i keep some below. then i still have the problem with the boots.

You can get INT from gear like ring, helmet, or skill tree jewels, or take the ancestral knowledge for one skill point. Not a big deal if you don't want to, the rainbowstrikes are not that big of a deal, and there are plenty of other curses that would still help you. Note that you can de-level a gem with a scour + the gem turned in to any vendor. The level of the curse doesn't make much difference.
Tested this build and its not 3.0 ready , sorry for telling you. There is way better options , the lack of hp and damage is surreal.
Last edited by drewPOE on Sep 14, 2017, 11:47:26 AM
"
drewPOE wrote:
Tested this build and its not 3.0 ready , sorry for telling you. There is way better options , the lack of hp and damage is surreal.

well, its clearly not a high endgame farming build or a uber boss farm.
but its a pretty cheap way to farm atleast the beginner maps and labs up to merciless.
IF you want to get a high speed clearing build SRS or a sunder build will work way better but you have to invest a shitload of currency to make them work properly
Hi everybody ! I need some help with this build please ! Block chance are OP but Dps make me sad, only 35k with ice crash + concentrated effect... Do you have a 3.0 version of this build ? How is it possible to grow Dps at 99k like the screenshot in the first page of this thread ? Look my character and tell me what to do ! TY
"
drewPOE wrote:

What level and with what gear? I don't think you gave it a fair chance.
"
LordKnoxx wrote:
How is it possible to grow Dps at 99k like the screenshot in the first page of this thread ? Look my character and tell me what to do ! TY

Just copy the recommend budget setup and tree on the first page and you'll get the same damage. Check with flasks and charges going.
Hi Sovyn,

Thanks for posting a great build, having a lot of fun playing it thus far with Static Strike.

One issue I'm having is with DPS. I'm currently using Scaeva with the optional sword nodes. I don't plan on switching to any of the Blade Flurry/Earthquake/Ice crash as I'm just having so much fun with Static Strike build. That said, a few questions I have is:

1. Is there a way to optimize the passive skill tree if I'm going to only use the Static Strike going forward?

2. For a rare ring mod, what's the best mod to have between elemental damage vs attack speed vs add x-y physical damage to attacks?

3. In general, is boosting physical or melee damage always better than elemental damage? (e.g., in jewels, passive skills, mods, etc.)

Thanks!
Hey Sovryn, thanks for the great build! I haven't followed it exactly, but it definitely taught me a lot, especially as a new player. I was hoping to get your advice. I wanted my templar to use both energy shield as well as armor so my passive skill tree goes upwards towards the witch side instead of down to the duelist side. I have Mind over Matter and Kaom's Rings for up to 6 Endurance Charges. So far i feel pretty tanky but do you have any advice for my build? I think Aegis Aurora (which i discovered through your guide) will help but you got anything else?

[Edit] I'm also using Molten strike, figured I should mention that. Also have Resolute Technique so i don't have to worry about accuracy.
Last edited by Gigyas on Sep 17, 2017, 5:01:20 PM
Subject is Blade Flurry as recommended attack under end game skills -"Blade Flurry can be purchased by a Scion, Ranger, Duelist, or Shadow from Clarissa after completing the quest, Sever the Right Hand in act 3 normal. If you only have a Templar character, you can get a friend to buy the gem for you, or you can trade with another player, or spend a couple hours leveling up an alternate character sufficiently high to get it yourself."

Blade Flurry is available to templars after completing the library page quest for Siosa. Siosa sells gems but you have to bring your orbs to buy since stash isn't local. I suspect it would be for any character. (witch, templar or marauder)
Last edited by Olbrannon on Sep 18, 2017, 8:36:18 AM
"
Sataguni wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Thanks for posting a great build, having a lot of fun playing it thus far with Static Strike.

One issue I'm having is with DPS. I'm currently using Scaeva with the optional sword nodes. I don't plan on switching to any of the Blade Flurry/Earthquake/Ice crash as I'm just having so much fun with Static Strike build. That said, a few questions I have is:

1. Is there a way to optimize the passive skill tree if I'm going to only use the Static Strike going forward?

2. For a rare ring mod, what's the best mod to have between elemental damage vs attack speed vs add x-y physical damage to attacks?

3. In general, is boosting physical or melee damage always better than elemental damage? (e.g., in jewels, passive skills, mods, etc.)

Thanks!

If you want more dps, just take the damage nodes instead of the defense nodes. Also, use your damage flasks all the time. Level up your support gems and get quality. If you have a 5-link, get 6 even if it's a tabula.

Flat physical is generally the best mod, as long as it's a high roll. If not, attack speed.

Elemental damage is way down the list.

For the tree, same deal, physical damage, but don't bother with 10% nodes. The recommended damage nodes are pretty efficient. You can test elemental nodes, but you'll notice they don't make that much difference.

Uber lab for the 20% attack speed ascendancy is nice. You can also cast one of our spells all the time for the 50% damage, if you don't want to be lazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info