[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Gigyas wrote:
Hey Sovryn, thanks for the great build! I haven't followed it exactly, but it definitely taught me a lot, especially as a new player. I was hoping to get your advice. I wanted my templar to use both energy shield as well as armor so my passive skill tree goes upwards towards the witch side instead of down to the duelist side. I have Mind over Matter and Kaom's Rings for up to 6 Endurance Charges. So far i feel pretty tanky but do you have any advice for my build? I think Aegis Aurora (which i discovered through your guide) will help but you got anything else?

[Edit] I'm also using Molten strike, figured I should mention that. Also have Resolute Technique so i don't have to worry about accuracy.

The problem with hybrid life / es is that it stretches the points out too thin.

Aegis is a good idea, of course.

Pretty sure you'll find kaom's rings don't have enough life and damage for endgame.

RT isn't bad, but your clear speed will be slower.
Sovyn, what's your opinion on this tree:

http://poeurl.com/byMs

This is without any skills or equips, just the passive tree.

I want to like this but I'd like your input.

EDIT: This has the skills ordered in how they'd be linked together. No gear, passive tree and skills only. EDIT 2: Forgot to provide new tree link lol! http://poeurl.com/byMy
Last edited by Hrofr on Sep 18, 2017, 1:57:28 PM
"
Olbrannon wrote:
Blade Flurry is available to templars after completing the library page quest for Siosa. Siosa sells gems but you have to bring your orbs to buy since stash isn't local. I suspect it would be for any character. (witch, templar or marauder)

Thanks for the correction.
"
Hrofr wrote:
Sovyn, what's your opinion on this tree:

http://poeurl.com/byMy

It's fine, but there is a wasted point, you take a jewel socket for 2 skill points when you past up one that costs one point near scion.

I wouldn't spend points on the 8% nodes near scion either, less than 12% average for a damage cluster isn't worth it.

Finally, it feels bad to pass the scion block nodes since you are right there. However, I'm not sure what you could drop elsewhere that wouldn't be worse.
Hey there, first i want to say greatly written guide :)
Im just trying this out with some minor changes... and i wanted to ask, how important is stone of lazwhar? I know spell block is quite a big deal, i got about 28% from reckless defense and few other things. Another boost sure sounds nice, but it would mess my resistances hard since i am already using 3 uniques (scaeva, surrenderer and romira´s). So i wanted to know your opinion on this, should i really get it?
"
Kritix wrote:
Hey there, first i want to say greatly written guide :)
Im just trying this out with some minor changes... and i wanted to ask, how important is stone of lazwhar? I know spell block is quite a big deal, i got about 28% from reckless defense and few other things. Another boost sure sounds nice, but it would mess my resistances hard since i am already using 3 uniques (scaeva, surrenderer and romira´s). So i wanted to know your opinion on this, should i really get it?

Absolutely, get it. Fix resists with jewels on your tree, you can get 50 points per jewel. See budget setup in the guide. Those jewels just have two resists each because that's all I needed, but you can get even more.
Hi Sovyn, Thank you very much for your great build. I really love it.

and now i try to apply to my Doryani's Touch non-crit in HC.(for fun) It little work right now.
PoB : >>https://pastebin.com/n1qy7Dk1<<

But i got a problem about mana cost. It not enough for spam skill bcoz Doryani's Touch use many mana cost.

Could you pls help. I will appreciate it If you have any suggestion about that.

Thank you very much for your time

Ps. Sorry for my poor language.
"
springky wrote:
Hi Sovyn, Thank you very much for your great build. I really love it.

and now i try to apply to my Doryani's Touch non-crit in HC.(for fun) It little work right now.
PoB : >>https://pastebin.com/n1qy7Dk1<<

But i got a problem about mana cost. It not enough for spam skill bcoz Doryani's Touch use many mana cost.

Could you pls help. I will appreciate it If you have any suggestion about that.

Thank you very much for your time

Ps. Sorry for my poor language.

You can solve mana issues by taking a mana leech node on the tree. These nodes leech from all damage types, not only physical. Spirit void, essence sap, etc. If not, clarity and drop herald of ash (it doesn't do that much).
Hey Sovyn, thanks for the great guide and dedication to it.

I started my first lazy pally a long time ago (when perandus crest gave 40 block chance), though I always start as duelist, just don't like the templar for some reason, hehe.

However, just wanted to write here, I just killed shaper a couple of minutes ago, so it's definitely shaper viable, specially since going duelist is usually lower damage than templar.

I did deviate a little from your tree, since I went duelist, gladiator and then brutality and Resolute Technique, but the guide is an awesome starting point, since following exactly is very efficient, specially for first characters in leagues

I also had a LOT of luck this league, got my 6-link with around 7 fuses which allowed to gather my resources and then buy a 370 pdps sword, one of the rings I'm currently using actually dropped and got like 4 exalteds in the league so far, 2 in a row two days ago

My equipment at this point is a lot more refined, but as a note, I started as champion and with Scaeva even though I was RT already.

For now I want to see if I can tackle Vinktar's Square, Perandus' Mansion, Putrid Cloister and finally a Vaal Temple map, those are the only ones remaining for me in this character.

For those curious my characters tab is set as public, but I can post equipment and tree in the thread if someone wants

Anyways, again, Sovyn, thanks for your dedication and great guide.

Last edited by weberto on Sep 29, 2017, 4:37:18 PM
"
weberto wrote:
I just killed shaper a couple of minutes ago, so it's definitely shaper viable

Congrats! Interesting all-physical support choices. I'd be interested to hear what you think comparing that setup with the usual elemental crit inquisitor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info