[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I mean glacial hammer got a huge buff. It now culls at 1/3 health and can convert 100% into cold damage. Im just hoping it has enough damage end game to do something
"
kalanikila wrote:
I mean glacial hammer got a huge buff. It now culls at 1/3 health and can convert 100% into cold damage. Im just hoping it has enough damage end game to do something

Inquisitor can't hurt for sure. Also, try doryani's catalyst for your weapon.

If the damage feels bad, try getting the damage nodes first from my tree than the block nodes later. You would of course be trading block for freeze for your defenses, so I wouldn't say the build would be tankier, maybe worse on bosses because you have to facetank them.
Which setting do you prefer? Budget or Premium? I think budget setting is tankier than premium setting and cheaper.
Last edited by csh020300 on Sep 5, 2017, 9:19:43 PM
@Sovyn, thanks for the build, thorough explanation & updates of the ins and out of the build plus it is cheap to put together.

It is the tankiness that appeal to me since I’m currently station in the middle east and does not get the desirable ping most of you in EU/US player gets. For most, 120-150ms is unplayable but for me it is highly acceptable. Nevertheless, I stop playing most of my toons at mid 80’s because of the perennial lag/rubber banding issues wherein the xp penalty gets the most out of me.

Didn’t really start this “block/shield” build which I happen to chance upon while browsing the Templar forum – was going to BF-Ele-Crit Inquisitor. At level 60/Act 8, its durability is already noticeable with a decent damage, it means incoming damage can be tank head on without really shield charging around. Maybe this build can aid me in breaking level 90 the least.

Lastly, is there any other alternative to amp up the damage(end game), through gears without sacrificing much of its durability.

Can someone explain to me why should we use cwdt + immortal + increase duration , max leveled? btw im using the surrender and the molten shell seems a bit meh :S
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
kalanikila wrote:

Inquisitor can't hurt for sure. Also, try doryani's catalyst for your weapon.

If the damage feels bad, try getting the damage nodes first from my tree than the block nodes later. You would of course be trading block for freeze for your defenses, so I wouldn't say the build would be tankier, maybe worse on bosses because you have to facetank them.

Thats what I had thought as well but with running some crit and the Romira's Banquet ring and a coc setup for the counter attacks everything is frozen even map bosses. sitting at an 85% chance to freeze and running multistrike
"
csh020300 wrote:
Which setting do you prefer? Budget or Premium? I think budget setting is tankier than premium setting and cheaper.

Why would budget be tankier? No, the premium is more damage and tankier as well. (life + ES total is higher for taking a bigger hit, plus ES restored on block from aegis).

Budget is very good though.
"
TaZma wrote:
Lastly, is there any other alternative to amp up the damage(end game), through gears without sacrificing much of its durability.

You can get a rare sword better than scaeva, but it is not easy. Maybe a 6-linked carcass jack.

I think you should find at level 90+ your damage will be good enough even with the budget setup though, 160K max, according to the math, is enough.
"
fak1t wrote:
Can someone explain to me why should we use cwdt + immortal + increase duration , max leveled? btw im using the surrender and the molten shell seems a bit meh :S

Molten shell is weak, for sure. I just don't want to use skills we have to cast, but you can. There are several good ones like ancestral warchief and rallying cry, to name but two.

Immoirtal call is useful because it makes you invulnerable to a follow-up physical hit. Most tank builds use this. I usually level up that CWDT to trigger at about half of my life+es total.
"
kalanikila wrote:
sitting at an 85% chance to freeze and running multistrike

That's great. I don't know if there are some bosses that can't be frozen, but probably. Also, multistrike makes you stay rooted in one spot for a while, making you more vulnerable sometimes. I would possibly try to use a different support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info